Page 82 of 103 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1544

Not happy about the new Lois story line. A little too grim for a show like this. And since she can't die, the odds aren't as dire as they are IRL.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

I’m actually more invested in Bruno Mannheim and Onomatopoeia than I was Ally Allston.

They were pretty obvious about Lois having a cancer diagnosis though unsurprisingly they dragged out the reveal as long as they possibly could have. Hypothetically would Clark have seen it if he'd used his X-Ray Vision on her? Although I guess it would be weird to just randomly X-Ray your wife.

Well, there's another major difference between Natalie and Natasha Irons...Nat likes boys while Natasha was a lesbian. I'm actually surprised they didn't make her gay in this after they casually had Sarah be bi in season 2 (although that hasn't come up again since she kissed that girl she tried to make Jordan meet).

Welp, there goes George Dean. Pretty brutal way to go out. Also making Onomatopoeia a Superman-level threat with those sonic attacks. Looks like the mask transforms too?

I never took into account there probably being a bit of an age difference between Kyle and Chrissy...which only seems relevant because Kyle seems to want to better get to know her. I mean, he can't be the shoulder his ex-wife cries on any more so he might as well do something with himself.

Why would Sarah care about Dean's death? Oh, suddenly she and George Jr. were childhood friends.

Lana and John Henry finally have a legitimate conversation and eat lunch together...though ultimately it was just to get both of them involved in the Intergang plot. What would Intergang want with Smallville? Although now they're main issue is how John Henry Irons is still alive.

It's funny how we had all the Kents' in Metropolis for their own storylines. I miss Metropolis.

Matteo seemed nice but I guess we'll probably never see him again because Natalie didn't get his number and doesn't seem bothered by the fact that she didn't.

I admire the kids' responsibility to play beer pong without actually drinking the beer.

The girl seemed shallow (and hot) and I respect Jon trying to stay loyal to his girlfriend...although at least this one didn't sell him drugs and get him into trouble for it.

Wow, Intergang couldn't have been any more obviously shady to Lois and Clark than they were in that instance.

Are Sarah and Jordan finally going to stop being awkward around each other? I hope so. I wonder if the endgame is them as besties instead of a romance though.

Intergang having cameras that can spot Superman gave me Invisible Mafia vibes.

Ha! They pulled the "Superman confronts the villain in their fancy balcony" scene only this time it's Bruno Manheim instead of Lex...even though we know Lex is going to show up. You also have to love how a crime boss who commits crimes, kills people, and commits human rights violations tries to lecture a selfless Superhero who genuinely saves lives and the planet on numerous occasions because he didn't do enough for a specific community. Like, Superman can't solve all the world's problems much as he might like too, but that's no excuse to be a criminal or act like you're better just because you use your influence to make Suicide Slums better (on paper).

I knew Lois was going to bring out her cancer to talk the judge down, even though Superman would probably have saved her anyways. I'm actually surprised she didn't get sniped by Intergang so she didn't talk.

Well, Onomatopoeia can actually talk which is a change from the comics. And seems to have a commanding presence in Intergang rivaling Manheim. And also sounds like a woman.

What an emotional whiplash, coming back from your wild teen party subplot to find out your mom has breast cancer. At least the family is there for Lois.

Thoughts on #SupermanAndLois s3e02 "Uncontrollable Forces":

1. That opening had definite "Up" vibes (yeah, the very sad kind).

It totally read right from the start as Lois Lane finding out she has cancer. Now I wonder how they're going to use this angle during the season. This show doesn't have a great track record of dealing with illnesses long-term (more on that in a bit).

2. Jordan coming off as cringingly desperate with Sarah yet again.

I almost rather these two not share any more scenes together this season. Or ever really.

3. And like, is Jordan just completely "cured" of his anxiety now?

There's been zero mention of it for a long time. Kinda like they abruptly decided they couldn't write about that stuff and mix it with superheroics convincingly after season 1.

3. What can this show possibly do with Jonathan so that he's not always this extra wheel in the family?

Can't think of any obvious arc for him at this point other than maybe following in his mom's footsteps professionally.

4. First time Sarah hasn't annoyed me all series.

Her genuine friendship with Nat is actually good to see, as well as her sticking up for Jordan with Preppy McPrepperson at the Metropolis party.

5. Nat gets a glow-up.

Like seeing her chillin' among teens other than her "brothers" and Sarah. Can't tell if Matteo exists elsewhere in the franchise or is a total invention of the show but wouldn't mind seeing him around the crew.

Alright, enough with the kids, onto the grownups ...

6. Kyle and Beppo post-hookup realizing their age gap was hilariously awkward.

7. This is a MUCH different take on Bruno Mannheim.

In the comix, he's almost a cartoonishly Dick Tracy-style villain. This Bruno has got WAY more gravitas, whether or not he's the head of Intergang. I don't think haven't seen anyone call out Superman that harshly before and possibly be right. Very interested to see more of him.

8. All aboard the John Henry Irons X Lana Lang ship!

Just like this was Sarah's best episode IMO, this is most likeable I've found SAL's Lana. John Henry and Lana were an official thing in the comix, and quite honestly it's the best pairing with the most potential for either character.

9. "You're much stronger than you think you are".

One of the best Superman lines / scenes ever ( from All-Star Superman) and they give it to Lois.

Normally I'd be very annoyed with yet another Clark gem being given to another character (glares at the late Supergirl show stealing the "For The Man Who Has Everything" storyline), but it worked in this particular case.

Also: this is the earnest flip side to that parody Homelander scene where he pushes the suicide victim to her death in The Boys.

10. I think Onomatopoeia might be a woman.

They haven't mentioned who is playing the mysterious villain AFAIK, but I just got a feeling that's part of the reveal coming this season. Interesting that it is O who killed this universe's John Henry, not Bruno.

11. Not a showcase episode for Clark.

He literally just reacted to everyone else around him getting to chew scenery. Felt like he was the only one who had to be 100% selfless all the time and offer only support.

I'm all for letting others shine once in a while, but don't forget who is the main draw for most viewers. While I love the displayed empathy, I'm not interested in watching a saint who just sits on the sidelines.

Bottom line: More set up and less action. Some great bits but noticeably lacking in other parts. Clark reduced to a bystander too much. Next episode preview looks like a needed course correction, tho, so we'll see.

Grade: B-.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

6. Kyle and Beppo post-hookup realizing their age gap was hilariously awkward.
    Where did you pick up on this? I didn't even see them intereact in episode 2. They actually commented on an age gap?

From what I can tell, they ain't THAT far apart. Beppo is nowhere near social security!

I only saw them interact in episode 1 and awkwardness was mainly due to Beppo sleeping with a guy she doesn't really know. But she does know he's the ex of the mayor! My bet is they hook up again, especially if Lana ends up hooking up with John and the divorce sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not happy about the new Lois story line. A little too grim for a show like this. And since she can't die, the odds aren't as dire as they are IRL.
    True, but I don't think it's too grim for this show - I consider this a family drama first, and death is just a part of life. I imagine a lot of the story is going to be how it affects the family, and of course it's something Superman's powers can't easily fix, which is something you always need for a Superman story. I also kinda want Jordan to spin out of control. His story has been so much about powers and Sarah that his mental health issues have been ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I’m actually more invested in Bruno Mannheim and Onomatopoeia than I was Ally Allston.
    Agreed. I immediately found him a lot more interesting. I like that he probably knows about Superman's hearing, which is why he never answered his question. I was paying closer attention to his words after that, and I think he managed to avoid telling any lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Onomatopoeia can actually talk which is a change from the comics. And seems to have a commanding presence in Intergang rivaling Manheim. And also sounds like a woman.
    Looks a woman too, from the shape of her body when her coat was more open. Her mask responding to her sonic powers is a nice "Rorschach" like visual and a neat indicator of when she's about to strike. I am surprised Superman didn't pick up her attacking Lana and John though, especially having just encountered her - even Lana could recognize the sound of her power signature.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-22-2023 at 07:59 PM.

Mighty Member

Matteo seemed nice but I guess we'll probably never see him again because Natalie didn't get his number and doesn't seem bothered by the fact that she didn't.
    I dunno, I think they placed too much emphasis on him to just be a one-off.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I dunno, I think they placed too much emphasis on him to just be a one-off.
    Probably winds up being connected to Bruno Manheim in some way (relative, godchild...)

They didn't say it, but considering Atom-Man is the super-racist guy, I don't feel that bad about him ending up on Manheim's slab, of all people.

With the judge, my guess is that he's "helped" a lot of people from his neighborhood, but it becomes a Faustian bargain where they end up in his pocket. Her statement about "the system" makes me think she's not just talking about Manheim though - it's because the system is fucked up that someone like Manheim is able to take advantage of people, who feel squeezed on both sides.

A big question is, "how much does Bruno buy into his own BS?" If he somehow thinks he's doing something for the greater good of his people, he might need to have his eyes opened to what he's become.(which is where maybe someone like a journalist might come in handy?)

Random guess -- this might be a "Bill Foster/Ghost" situation and the meta is actually his daughter that he's trying to help...?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-23-2023 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Where did you pick up on this? I didn't even see them intereact in episode 2. They actually commented on an age gap?

From what I can tell, they ain't THAT far apart. Beppo is nowhere near social security!

I only saw them interact in episode 1 and awkwardness was mainly due to Beppo sleeping with a guy she doesn't really know. But she does know he's the ex of the mayor! My bet is they hook up again, especially if Lana ends up hooking up with John and the divorce sticks.
    She mentions Dean being mayor when she was in the 3rd grade which dated her enough that Kyle realized the age gap between them.

In terms of the actors, Kyle's 12 years older than Beppo.

Incredible Member

She mentions Dean being mayor when she was in the 3rd grade which dated her enough that Kyle realized the age gap between them.
    But was age overtly mentioned as why they shouldn’t have hooked up by either?

End of day, as long as your legal, and both characters are well above that, age is pretty much a non-issue.

Mighty Member

End of day, as long as your legal, and both characters are well above that, age is pretty much a non-issue.
    Yeah...they are both well over 30...and neither of them seem to be elderly, so I definitely didn't pick up on a significant gap.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    With the judge, my guess is that he's "helped" a lot of people from his neighborhood, but it becomes a Faustian bargain where they end up in his pocket. Her statement about "the system" makes me think she's not just talking about Manheim though - it's because the system is fucked up that someone like Manheim is able to take advantage of people, who feel squeezed on both sides.

A big question is, "how much does Bruno buy into his own BS?" If he somehow thinks he's doing something for the greater good of his people, he might need to have his eyes opened to what he's become.(which is where maybe someone like a journalist might come in handy?)
    I can believe that Bruno believes his BS in a "everyone thinks they are the hero" kind of way. He definitely has an inferiority complex when it comes to Superman. I wan to say from what we've seen, he's one of those mobsters where everyone knows he's a crime lord but no one could actually prove it kind of way. The Suicide Slums seem to be stuck in that place where their choices are between a crime lord that takes advantage of them and a police department that doesn't seem to care. While Superman can't solve every problem everywhere, I can imagine someone from the Suicide Slums thinking "I live in METROPILIS, not Gotham, how do we have Superman at our doorstep but he ignores us?!"

Kyle seemed to think it was a bigger deal than Chrissy did, or at least something worth reacting too.

Incredible Member

Kyle seemed to think it was a bigger deal than Chrissy did, or at least something worth reacting too.
    You’re definitely seeing something I missed.

All I saw was them waking up together in bed, then Chrissy quickly jumping out the bed and grabbing her clothes and saying we can’t do this anymore and just one time thing and forget it ever happened.

Kyle just laid there and casually said “ok”.

There was more interaction beyond that?