Page 63 of 104 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Lana from Bizarro's World:

Tal-Ro:

Same symbol. I think its safe to assume she was his wife in that reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I think that Lana was Tal-Ro's wife in Bizarro world.
    That's what I was assuming too.

...wow. Now *I* feel like I'm in Bizarro world.

Incredible Member

Real world economics is never a strong suit of superhero TV shows.
    The sense they have conveyed, but not really shown, is that Clark is engaged in farming.
    I think considering what a tough time farmers have had recently, that it isn't very wise to rely on it so.
    But then I'm not the one writing this show.
    A small town newspaper doesn't appear to be smart either.
    But on TV that all gets swept under the bed. People lead great, happy, economically prosperous
    lives in which they never have to worry about banks and credit card companies harassing you.

I thought it was Ally, but hard to argue with the photos.
    Does that mean that a divorced Lana is going to end up with Tal?
    God, I hope not. Lana has had enough problems with Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So we've got a week off AGAIN thanks to network shenanigans (seriously, sell The CW as soon as possible and move SAL to HBOmax next season), what do you think of Season 2 compared to Season 1 so far?

For me, Bizarro is better than any antagonist we got in Season 1. But we've gotten way less Lois / Clark interactions. The boys have totally flip-flopped their roles. The Langs have gotten worse. John Henry and Natasha had much more screen time this season (before getting sidelined these past two episodes). Tal is much better in Season 2 than Season 1, despite a massive reduction in screentime. We'll see if Ally is more memorable than Tal's daddy.

Overall, I'd say so far Season 2 has been slightly better than Season 1 to this point.
    I don't think I prefer one season over another, and I don't think there's been a significant increase or dip in quality. I may have to re-watch season 1 again, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I thought it was Ally, but hard to argue with the photos.
    Does that mean that a divorced Lana is going to end up with Tal?
    God, I hope not. Lana has had enough problems with Kyle.
    Tal would be a step up from Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Has anyone mentioned the Irons? John's condition, bringing Natalie food/schoolwork?
    In the first episode back from the hiatus I think Clark mentioned visiting Natalie at the hospital.

Mighty Member

Am I the only one who desperately want Henry Irons back...and Nat?!?

The series feels painfully dull without them and the whole Lana family drama is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post

The series feels painfully dull without them and the whole Lana family drama is boring.
    I think that's one of the main reasons people are complaining about all the Lana family screentime.

Looks like we'll get a flashback to how Natalie ended up on this Earth so it seems like they'll be back in focus.

Exactly why I was asking. At least they're being name dropped (not sure how I'm missing it but ok) but I prefer them, too.

It would be cool if Tal's wife was Maxima but that feels too out of left field. Unless it's their hook for season 3. Other options include Livewire, Volcana, and Lucy Lane.

Since Jon and Jordan are training to assist their dad, maybe you could adopt Jon's time in Hamilton County?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-16-2022 at 01:10 PM.

I love this show, and will likely watch it to the every end.

But it's far from perfect.

The gripes range from minor stuff to major flaws.

Minor: Superman's overall look. Tyler himself is great, but that suit is not growing on me.

The S-shield often looks weirdly ironed on, and the suits fabric look too much like blue long-johns. The boots have improved from last season, but I'll always bang the drum for the Golden S-shield on the cape and the S-curl on the hair. Also I don't get why Tyler was able to stay completely clean-shaven when on Supergirl, but here they deliberately go with a perpetual 5-o-clock shadow on his face.

But that's all minor.

Much more major is Lois Lane and how much worse she fits in Smallville than she ever did in Metropolis.

Taking Lois and Clark out of The Big Apricot is almost as wild as taking Bruce and Selina out of Gotham.

Metropolis isn't some boring, interchangeable city that doesn't matter. And Smallville isn't some holy grail of a place that must be always centered. Too often this show feels like a sequel to Smallville, and that's not a good thing.

Small town are not inherently better than big cities.

Lois Lane went from being The World's Greatest Journalist to someone who can't get a meaningful article out of a two-bit local paper and whose entire career can get threatened to be derailed by a single podcast. Clark can be Superman anywhere on the planet, but Lois cannot professionally shine in Smallville.

Like I said, I love this show and still think it's the best live-action representation of Superman since The Movie in 1978.

But it doesn't mean the show can't improve.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

No it has been mentioned several times by several posters if you've been following the thread.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

I don't object that much to being in Smallville.
    It is just that Smallville can be more than boring small town politics.
    I don't really care who wins the mayoralty of Smallville.
    Sure the current mayor is a major slimeball, but really what will really change if Lana wins.
    Are we going to be forced to watch budget hearings?

Now that Tal is incarcerated, who exactly is running the Daily Planet?
    Maybe Lois can work for them remotely.
    In my fan fiction this problem is solved by the Golden Age Robin, Richard Grayson, who has a
    vast news network (Grayson News Network or GNN) hires Clark to work parttime to do documentaries,
    with Lois eventually getting her own column on the network website.

But appealing as that may be to me, I know that the rest of us are going to continue to suffer on the show
    where Lois is going to be spending her time trying to sell advertisement to farmers. It seems such a waste,
    not only of a great character, but of Tulloch's considerable acting ability.

Then there is the whole Jon problem. He is just not served at all by being in Smallville. The writers don't seem
    to know what to do with him. His main function seems to be to being the pathetic one in comparison to Jordan.
    Jon's superpowers so far appear to be in remission now that he is off the drugs. Barring something miraculous, like
    developing powers on his own, his fate seems to be the punching bag of the show. It's rather sad to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I don't object that much to being in Smallville.
    It is just that Smallville can be more than boring small town politics.
    I don't really care who wins the mayoralty of Smallville.
    Sure the current mayor is a major slimeball, but really what will really change if Lana wins.
    Are we going to be forced to watch budget hearings?

Now that Tal is incarcerated, who exactly is running the Daily Planet?
    Maybe Lois can work for them remotely.
    In my fan fiction this problem is solved by the Golden Age Robin, Richard Grayson, who has a
    vast news network (Grayson News Network or GNN) hires Clark to work parttime to do documentaries,
    with Lois eventually getting her own column on the network website.

But appealing as that may be to me, I know that the rest of us are going to continue to suffer on the show
    where Lois is going to be spending her time trying to sell advertisement to farmers. It seems such a waste,
    not only of a great character, but of Tulloch's considerable acting ability.

Then there is the whole Jon problem. He is just not served at all by being in Smallville. The writers don't seem
    to know what to do with him. His main function seems to be to being the pathetic one in comparison to Jordan.
    Jon's superpowers so far appear to be in remission now that he is off the drugs. Barring something miraculous, like
    developing powers on his own, his fate seems to be the punching bag of the show. It's rather sad to be honest.
    I have to wonder what the purpose in giving Clark and Lois twins as opposed to one son. I mean Jordan is blossoming and Jon’s the screw up, now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I have to wonder what the purpose in giving Clark and Lois twins as opposed to one son. I mean Jordan is blossoming and Jon’s the screw up, now?
    Some writers are driven by the lure of original characters where they can do whatever and not worry about fan backlash as they know how constricting that can be when you have a barrage of angry feedback because some people don't like what you've written. I remember reading some interviews with the showrunner throughout S1 and he was often asked about possible evil twin brother trope due to one brother being powerless etc and he always responded like that would never happen with Jon because he was just such a good brother to Jordan etc. There was nothing about an arc or any comprehensive plans for Jon beyond what we saw in S1. They gave Jordan a mental illness and strained relationship with his father to drive the story for S1 and perhaps they didn't want Jon Kent fans complaining about how that's not their relationship as seen in the comics, the only place we've ever seen Jon. The irony of ironies is that that's exactly what they've ended up doing. Because they've relegated Jon to a side act, many are not happy with how shallow his story has been in 1.5 seasons. Although one can argue he's getting meatier stuff now compared to last season, it's still hated because people want comics Jon translated on to the screen and I think this drugs story line is an over correction from the writers to make up for how "meh" the writing was in S1. I think the writing will never satisfy people no matter what happens going forward, not when they have an idea of what they want that possibly doesn't line up with the showrunner/writers' intentions.