Page 76 of 103 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1544

Yeah, this show not being on Earth-Prime is an obvious cop-out. And understandable cop-out, with the Arrowverse dying and crossover no longer being an option, but a cop-out nevertheless.

Anyways, that aside I did enjoy the finale. I agree with the above sentiment that the Season 1 finale was better though.

Seems like everybody got their Happy Ending except Kyle. I guess it makes sense, but still kinda sad.

I'm glad that Tal survived.

I missed this Not Earth Prime part, When was that?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I missed that
    It was in a blink-and-you-miss-it speech by General Lane. He says their world only has Superman but he's seen other Earths with other heroes.
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Sam Lane speech to the boys about keeping hope. Mentions he has seen things, including heroes on other worlds, but their world only has one hero (who, in his opinion, is the best of them all).

Incredible Member

Having S&L be it's own self-contained show is the driving force on why it's so good. And with DC not being good at the "building a shared universe" concept, it's for the best. Amazing the Arrowverse was what it was, but DC shows and movies work better self-contained.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    When General Lang is speaking to the boys(after he has been on Bizarro-Earth and blips back) about all the things he's seen, other Earths, other heroes and Superman is the best of them. Something then about, [paraphrase] Just cause we *only* have Superman is enough reason to hope.[/paraphrase]

I'll just say that this is a BIG non-sequitur for me. A huge issue. I'm fine to suspend logic on why Supergirl, Flash et al don't show up but this dialogue that says NO HEROES exist alongside Clark/Kal/Superman is just gratingly annoying. CW showrunners then want to have their "cake and eat it too" by having John Diggle show up, who we know from last year is the SAME John we've always known in the Arrowverse.
    EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL

We essentially just saw a prime example of Silver Age Superman - punching a planet as part of a story's resolution. The power up method of being thrown into the sun worked better for me than something his mom would've done in the Fortress.

So Crissy knows. Hmmm, I don't think she'll hold up well under pressure but ok, let us see where this goes.

Lucy Lane, I see some asking where are her repercussions and she should have some. She did facilitate/assist in breaking into a secure government military installation. This is one of those "swept under the rug" matters shows like this use cause I suppose the plan isn't to see Lucy for some time so why waste screen time and dialogue on her.

Staying with 'real world', it was an interesting splash of water to the face to see that things with Kyle and Lana aren't just suddenly ok. Although there was that moment in the kitchen where Sara started quoting her mom about her instructions to stay home with.....those you love. So, there is hope there. Hope is a Superman theme.

Two Allies, still alive....can't end well.

Tal is on the Bizarro Square Earth. How was he talking effectively in the bar, don't they all talk backwards to him? How will he get back? I assume the portal is closed, did everyone else arrive at that conclusion??
    When did he go, after dumping Clark into the sun? So he had time to go to a Dealership amidst the chaos and purchase two trucks for his nephews? That Dealership wasn't going to miss a sale despite things! Ha!

Jordan and Sara 2.0 begins next season.

Where did "Corpse Bride" Lois go, she just blip back? I assumed so.
    I lost track of Bizarro Lana and Jonathan, what happened with them last week?

I'm going to need Jon Irons suit, at least, to have the S-shield upon it next season. Also, i did catch the kid at Miracle Monday celebration dressed in a :Steel' suit despite that I'm pretty sure his involvement and existence low key and top secret.

I'm sure no satellites will detect Kent Family Island. My leap is some Kryptonian tech will shield/ camouflage it somehow.

Bring on Season 3!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Other than his appearance in Crisis, I don't think there's actually an Earth-Prime Superman. I don't think they mentioned him at all in the last season of Supergirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Having S&L be it's own self-contained show is the driving force on why it's so good. And with DC not being good at the "building a shared universe" concept, it's for the best. Amazing the Arrowverse was what it was, but DC shows and movies work better self-contained.
    The DCAU and the early Arrowverse.

DCAU started with one show that eventually branched out to other. B:TAS was mostly stand alone and guest stars only began appearing in later seasons. Smallville and Arrow also had several seasons before they started introducing other heroes.

I don't want the Lois and Clark creators forced to introduce potential spin off characters unless it's something they feel like doing.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Incredible Member

I was referring more to live-action vs animated. DC hasn’t done it that well. Arrow and Flash were good in those initial crossovers, but once Supergirl and the Legends were added, it grew ugly really quickly, to the point Legends started making fun of it all. There some good moments sprinkled in and it’s much better than than movie attempts, but I still wouldn’t say the Arrowverse is “good”.

The DCAU reminds me of the early Transformers cartoon. Start with just a handful of robots, then look up and wonder where all these OTHER robots are coming from. First, there’s Batman, some time passes and then there’s Superman! �� I actually rewatched Justice League Secret Origins the other day and laughed at how the Manhunter sends out a mental call for help that results in only 4 other heroes (Superman and Batman already involved) to show for this invasion of the planet! But grows to hundreds of heroes by the end of JLU.

DC also has all kinds of animated projects that fall outside of the DCAU. Makes it much easier to just treat each project as-is vice trying to connect it all.

I was referring more to live-action vs animated. DC hasn’t done it that well. Arrow and Flash were good in those initial crossovers, but once Supergirl and the Legends were added, it grew ugly really quickly, to the point Legends started making fun of it all. There some good moments sprinkled in and it’s much better than than movie attempts, but I still wouldn’t say the Arrowverse is “good”.

The DCAU reminds me of the early Transformers cartoon. Start with just a handful of robots, then look up and wonder where all these OTHER robots are coming from. First, there’s Batman, some time passes and then there’s Superman! �� I actually rewatched Justice League Secret Origins the other day and laughed at how the Manhunter sends out a mental call for help that results in only 4 other heroes (Superman and Batman already involved) to show for this invasion of the planet! But grows to hundreds of heroes by the end of JLU.

DC also has all kinds of animated projects that fall outside of the DCAU. Makes it much easier to just treat each project as-is vice trying to connect it all.
    I wouldn't say that. Crisis on Earth-X and even Elseworlds were great crossovers, the Legends just didn't like playing in a shared universe much or taking themselves as Superheroes seriously.

I feel like S:TAS is closer to G1 in that respect because it introduced more other heroes, but unlike TF we had multiple shows that all coalesced, basically, into Justice League and JLU.

Astonishing Member

I've said before that the evil Kal from Irons' home U is out there. Eventually, there will be crossover. Glad to be rid of Kara and her ridiculous set of characters. A new Kara arriving in a pod might be interesting. Jailing the two Allys together - oh, wonder about that plan. Tal going to find evil Lana - that's going to happen and certainly there will be a visit sometime.

Don't flood this world with aliens as happened to Kara's time line. It become stupid. Don't need a Brainiac with the worst makeup job ever. Keep the plotting and writing on a higher level.

The island must be shielded as commercial satellites would be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Why? Like, why do we need a crossover to establish both exist?
    For my own piece of mind. And as validation of the end of CoIE, where Superman was a part of the final fight against the Monitor, got a chair at the table, and got a call from Lois about 'the boys'.

Actually, I think I'd rather have this Lucy meet Earth Prime Lucy, and have Major Lane just kick her ass.

I vehemently disagree with that. Yes, in the later crossovers (specifically CoIE), the Legends did bring the comedy. But Crisis on Earth X was possibly the best crossover they ever did, with powerful performances from both the Supergirl cast and Legends. And Stein's death literally had me in tears. In fact, I'd say the best episodes of both Supergirl and Legends in their later years were the crossover episodes.

Now, their shared movie universe is certainly a dumpster fire for a number of reasons, while the individual movies- for the most part- have been pretty good to excellent.

I'll say this- I don't mind them making this show a stand-alone show. As I've said, by doing that, they've answered the questions of how certain things are different than they were on Supergirl. What I do mind is their half-assed approach at doing it, of them claiming it was the plan, and of them ignoring the fact that Diggle showed in season 1 with his speech that this was Earth Prime, and with the fact that they keep using Diggle at all. You want this to stand alone? Create a new character.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 06-29-2022 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It was in a blink-and-you-miss-it speech by General Lane. He says their world only has Superman but he's seen other Earths with other heroes.
    Ah thanks, I was sitting here thinking it had something to do with what Diggle said to John.

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    When General Lang is speaking to the boys(after he has been on Bizarro-Earth and blips back) about all the things he's seen, other Earths, other heroes and Superman is the best of them. Something then about, [paraphrase] Just cause we *only* have Superman is enough reason to hope.[/paraphrase]

I'll just say that this is a BIG non-sequitur for me. A huge issue. I'm fine to suspend logic on why Supergirl, Flash et al don't show up but this dialogue that says NO HEROES exist alongside Clark/Kal/Superman is just gratingly annoying. CW showrunners then want to have their "cake and eat it too" by having John Diggle show up, who we know from last year is the SAME John we've always known in the Arrowverse.
    EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL EYE ROLL
    Normally I would agree with you, but since the Arrowverse has died, they might as well go this route. I'm still torn on whether this is better than what the MCU did with the Defendersverse and AoS. At least it's an explanation, even if it's a dumb one.

Tal is on the Bizarro Square Earth. How was he talking effectively in the bar, don't they all talk backwards to him? How will he get back? I assume the portal is closed, did everyone else arrive at that conclusion??
    I just assume he was talking backwards and that they simply translated it for him. As for him getting back, I think he's gonna be living there now and may visit occasionally. I mean, his life on this Earth is shot, while on Bizarro Earth he can live the hero life.

So I just read Tod's interview where he talks about setting the show on a different Earth:

Todd Helbing: This is the doppelganger of John Diggle, he’s one of the many doppelgangers that exist. There are similar things that happened because I couldn’t reveal what we’re planning in season 1,. So when Lois and Clark talk about they know about the Multiverse, we were very careful the wording and then when Diggle shows up in season 1, he’s a doppelganger, who at some point got presented this box in probably a very similar fashion. There was an Oliver Queen that he worked with. There are probably a few other superheroes that he worked with, but none of them had powers. So it wasn’t an Oliver Queen that died on that Earth, but Superman was the first powered superhero to show up. So what Diggle was referencing is there were other people there, but there was nobody like Superman. He’s the greatest. He’s the best. He’s the only one who could fly. He’s the best of all time. So that’s sort of the canon that we’re working with.
    The dude's stretching more than Reed Richards in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Maddness.