Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I honestly didn't know what to make of this show, so maybe I just had low expectations going in, but wow, that was really good. I guess so as to not be Smallville or even Supergirl, they made their main character more mature and gave him kids. Granted, the kids can still have their drama thing, but even the score didn't seem to want to come across as hip or modern at all.

So Jonathan is named after Jonathan Kent and Jordan is named after Jor-El. I wonder if his middle name is "Ellis"? I kind of figured there was going to be some sort of twist when they weren't sure who saved whom in the barn, but I thought maybe the powers were going to be split between the two boys. Interesting that Sam Lane knows the truth about Superman but Lana doesn't. Why isn't Lana married to Pete Ross? Oh, right, so her husband can be a total jerk.

Speaking of Sam, I guess we can forget everything from the Sam we saw on Supergirl. I was expecting Kara to make a few brief cameo or something to wish the Kents luck and kind of pass the torch, but I guess not. It's probably for the best that there were no direct connections to the Arrowverse in the first episode. And getting rid of the Daily Planet frees us from any weird Post-Crisis timeline/age stuff when it comes to Perry, Cat, and Jimmy. Although if any already established Arrowverse character shows up on this show, I'm pulling for Mr. Mxyzptlk.

It may not be the brightest idea, but maybe Clark didn't want to keep all his Kryptonian artifacts in one place. If something happens to the Fortress, everything would be gone.

That probably wouldn't work long-term if Jonathan's girlfriend wants to come over...or even if he needs to list a home phone number/address for anything. I assume with money being an issue, they can't keep their place in Metropolis.

Let's assume that when Clark flew to show Lois, she took it very well and was completely understanding and sympathetic.
    I’m wondering if we’re ever going to see jimmy or perry on this show. And is Lois telecommuting now? I was also a little surprised to see Superman’s rocket still being hidden under the barn like that. What would they do with it if they hadn’t decided to move back to smallville?
    Last edited by protege; 02-25-2021 at 07:40 PM.