Page 77 of 103 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1544

Ok, so which Diggle was the one who showed up in the finale? Cause he mentioned having a conversation with John that only the doppleganger would know about. But he can't be the doppleganger cause he explicitly mentions being from another Earth. Meaning he had to be the Other Earth Diggle from the start. Can't have it both ways.

Here's the thing, I don't mind it being on another Earth, but they should probably stfu about it until they can dedicate an ep dedicated to the nuts and bolts of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So I just read Tod's interview where he talks about setting the show on a different Earth:

The dude's stretching more than Reed Richards in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Maddness.
    Good luck with that Todd .

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Ok, so which Diggle was the one who showed up in the finale? Cause he mentioned having a conversation with John that only the doppleganger would know about. But he can't be the doppleganger cause he explicitly mentions being from another Earth. Meaning he had to be the Other Earth Diggle from the start. Can't have it both ways.

Here's the thing, I don't mind it being on another Earth, but they should probably stfu about it until they can dedicate an ep dedicated to the nuts and bolts of it.
    I'd rather they not dedicate an episode to that. Let's just accept it, have fun poking holes in it, and enjoy the stories. We don't need it all worked out. DC trying to explain how their multiverse works to cover up small regions and errors isn't something we need adapted to live action.

So Diggle is now a multiverse jumper, I have a feeling Manheim, and this version of intergang would also be a multiverse gang. So Tal-ro goes looking for his bizarro wife. Enjoyed this season, Superman and Lois is the only show I'm watching on CW, looking forward to season 3.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Co-signed. I expressed this as well among my other comments.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, this show not being on Earth-Prime is an obvious cop-out. And understandable cop-out, with the Arrowverse dying and crossover no longer being an option, but a cop-out nevertheless.

Anyways, that aside I did enjoy the finale. I agree with the above sentiment that the Season 1 finale was better though.

Seems like everybody got their Happy Ending except Kyle. I guess it makes sense, but still kinda sad.

I'm glad that Tal survived.
    I'm overall pleased with the Season Ending as a whole. It ended the way Legends of Tomorrow's season SHOULD have ended - the way ANY season should end if they don't know if they're going to be renewed: With a satisfactory wrapup of plot threads that include sequel hooks and hints at possible future storylines, but no outright cliffhangers.

So now, with the exceptions of Kyle and Sophie, all the most important supporting characters are aware of the Kents' secrets. That'll be an interesting new dynamic going forward. Lois telling Chrissy Beppo Clark's secret was a twist I didn't see coming, though it makes sense given the way the character arcs were going.

I also like how Jordan and Sarah's relationship is hinted at actually getting stronger now that Sarah knows Jordan's secret.

Actually, I think I'd rather have this Lucy meet Earth Prime Lucy, and have Major Lane just kick her ass.
    Well, I think Superman and Lois-verse Lucy might have already suffered enough. But if she and her Earth Prime (formerly Earth whatever prior to COIE) counterpart ever met, I think the latter might have a few harsh words to say.

I vehemently disagree with that. Yes, in the later crossovers (specifically CoIE), the Legends did bring the comedy. But Crisis on Earth X was possibly the best crossover they ever did, with powerful performances from both the Supergirl cast and Legends. And Stein's death literally had me in tears. In fact, I'd say the best episodes of both Supergirl and Legends in their later years were the crossover episodes.

Now, their shared movie universe is certainly a dumpster fire for a number of reasons, while the individual movies- for the most part- have been pretty good to excellent.

I'll say this- I don't mind them making this show a stand-alone show. As I've said, by doing that, they've answered the questions of how certain things are different than they were on Supergirl. What I do mind is their half-assed approach at doing it, of them claiming it was the plan, and of them ignoring the fact that Diggle showed in season 1 with his speech that this was Earth Prime, and with the fact that they keep using Diggle at all. You want this to stand alone? Create a new character.
    From day one, I thought Superman and Lois MUST be set in a different universe, given the different tone, the different approaches to established Superman characters, and so on. As the show went on, we had new versions of Sam Lane, Morgan Edge, and Lucy Lane, and also different depictions of the Fortress of Solitude. These were a few of the many hints that while the title characters were played by the same people who played the Supergirl versions of the characters, these were not the exact same characters and this show (like Stargirl) was set in a different universe.

So Sam Lane's one-line statement just confirmed what I (and I suspect a lot of others) suspected all along about the show. The main question is: Why did it take THIS long to come out and actually say it? Why wasn't this established back in Season 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    So Sam Lane's one-line statement just confirmed what I (and I suspect a lot of others) suspected all along about the show. The main question is: Why did it take THIS long to come out and actually say it? Why wasn't this established back in Season 1?
    It's possible they were hedging their bets and trying to get by without explicitly saying it or dealing with things like Kara giving up her secret ID, etc. until they absolutely had to close the door on any future connectivity.

But there's still a Superman in the main Arrowverse, who's twins are probably still little. Not that it matters much at this point. (unless they want to bring in a bunch of guest stars for the Flash's series finale)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    I'm overall pleased with the Season Ending as a whole. It ended the way Legends of Tomorrow's season SHOULD have ended - the way ANY season should end if they don't know if they're going to be renewed: With a satisfactory wrapup of plot threads that include sequel hooks and hints at possible future storylines, but no outright cliffhangers.

So now, with the exceptions of Kyle and Sophie, all the most important supporting characters are aware of the Kents' secrets. That'll be an interesting new dynamic going forward. Lois telling Chrissy Beppo Clark's secret was a twist I didn't see coming, though it makes sense given the way the character arcs were going.

I also like how Jordan and Sarah's relationship is hinted at actually getting stronger now that Sarah knows Jordan's secret.

Well, I think Superman and Lois-verse Lucy might have already suffered enough. But if she and her Earth Prime (formerly Earth whatever prior to COIE) counterpart ever met, I think the latter might have a few harsh words to say.

From day one, I thought Superman and Lois MUST be set in a different universe, given the different tone, the different approaches to established Superman characters, and so on. As the show went on, we had new versions of Sam Lane, Morgan Edge, and Lucy Lane, and also different depictions of the Fortress of Solitude. These were a few of the many hints that while the title characters were played by the same people who played the Supergirl versions of the characters, these were not the exact same characters and this show (like Stargirl) was set in a different universe.

First- I want to know what Sam Lane was doing that afforded him glimpses into other realities.

Second- it took this long because I don't think it was the plan. I'll agree with j9ac9k that maybe they were hedging their bets at times; I remember reading the reason the Fortress looked different was due to Covid making it impossible for S&L to shoot on the Supergirl sets. All of the other changes could be written off as an aftereffect of Crisis on Infinite Earths.

I would probably hate this more if the Arrowverse really still existed, but it doesn't. Flash is the last show, and it's on its last legs (no pun intended). In a season or two, it will end, and with it any shared universe. And frankly, it's probably a good thing they set it on another Earth, so now they don't have to deal with the fallout of Kara exposing her identity to the world. That said, I think it would be nice in a season or two if they bring back actors from the other shows to play new versions of the characters like they did with Lucy. Or have Barry jump universes to guest for an episode, as he did in Season 1 of Supergirl. It might also be fun if, when this show finally ends, it ends with Kara's pod crashing on Earth. But I hope that's a few years in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's possible they were hedging their bets and trying to get by without explicitly saying it or dealing with things like Kara giving up her secret ID, etc. until they absolutely had to close the door on any future connectivity.

But there's still a Superman in the main Arrowverse, who's twins are probably still little. Not that it matters much at this point. (unless they want to bring in a bunch of guest stars for the Flash's series finale)
    CBR just had an article that reminded me they were intending a Batwoman crossover on Earth-Prime, so yeah - they were thinking originally that they were Earth-Prime. (it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't know about Kara's reveal to end her show when they started working on this)

Also, I didn't read the Earth-Prime comics, but I'm guessing their Superman and kids looked exactly the same as the tv show?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    CBR just had an article that reminded me they were intending a Batwoman crossover on Earth-Prime, so yeah - they were thinking originally that they were Earth-Prime. (it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't know about Kara's reveal to end her show when they started working on this)

Also, I didn't read the Earth-Prime comics, but I'm guessing their Superman and kids looked exactly the same as the tv show?
    There was some more comic-accurate stuff but basically more or less.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    So Diggle is now a multiverse jumper, I have a feeling Manheim, and this version of intergang would also be a multiverse gang. So Tal-ro goes looking for his bizarro wife. Enjoyed this season, Superman and Lois is the only show I'm watching on CW, looking forward to season 3.
    The diggle from superman and lois is from their earth.
    Superman & Lois Boss Confirms the Finale's Diggle Is Not the One Arrow Fans Know
    Superman and Lois showrunner Todd Helbing confirms that David Ramsey's John Diggle seen on the show is not the same version the actor played in Arrow.
    https://www.cbr.com/superman-and-loi...same-as-arrow/

Thoughts on #SupermanAndLois : the season 2 finale "Waiting For Superman" (s2e15), the 2nd season as a whole, and the show overall and its future. Spoilers follow ...

1. I kinda stopped doing these SAL reviews for a while mainly because I'd forget when the show was coming back from one of its many planned or unplanned extended hiatuses this season, and then real life got in the way and lost interest in posting about an episode weeks after it aired. But this season finale was worth posting about, IMO.

2. Sun-dipped Superman! Probably my favorite power-up for Clark, mainly because it's just so damn cool. "Hey, I need to get back into the fight, so just throw me into the fucking sun, and then I got this".

3. Ally Alston aka Parasite got defeated too easily after being hyped for most of the season as an unstoppable reality-warper.

Who knew the key to stopping her was simply for Superman to gain MORE power than she could absorb?

4. On this show, cheating is apparently far more unforgivable than murder.

Exhibit A: Lana still not forgiving Kyle.
    Exhibit B: Tal-Rho going full hero, being fully embraced by Clark, and getting to live his new best life on Bizarro Earth.

5. For a show called "Superman And Lois", this season really felt more like "Superman And Lana".

Not in the dreaded love triangle way, but there was way too much focus on Lana, mainly because it seemed to come at the expense of Lois. Lana got a solid storyline, whereas Lois spent this season just emotionally (over) reacting to her various family members. Not a trace of the World's Greatest Journalist to be found.

6. This was probably Nat's best episode. Or at least her best scene. She finally called Jon and Jordan her brothers, and they recognized her as part of their family. I want more of this sibling bonding of the "Triplets" next season.

7. The four most tired Superman stories are his origin, him turning evil, him losing his powers, and him dying/resurrecting. I sincerely hope this is it for Clark losing his powers for any extended time on this show.

8. I really hope they improve both Clark and John Henry's suits.

Give Tyler Hoechlin the S-curl and put the golden S-shield back on the cape (and please lose the weird "muscle paint" on the costume). Give Wole Park his hexagonal S-shield, a better helmet, and something resembling a cape (red wings?).

9. We finally got our answer to the Arrowverse question, tho not exactly nor directly in the episode itself.

Showrunner Todd Hellbing just officially acknowledged that Superman And Lois takes place on a completely different Earth than any of the Earths that had the Arrow, Flash, or Supergirl. Which makes sense. Weird that it took him 2 full seasons to admit it tho.

10. Season 3: Bruno Mannheim and Intergang!

Glad the show is moving away from Rogue Kryptonians and into more Earth- bound fare. I sincerely hope they ignore the New Gods connection (this show simply doesn't have the reach for Darkseid or Mongul).

Also, really glad that the new Fortress will see the whole family in there to visit Hologramma Lara.

Bottom line: I nitpicked the hell out of this episode, but I did enjoy it. I sincerely hope HBOmax gets this show once the CW is sold and that they film the entire season before airing the season premiere. Show deserves better.

Grades
    Episode: 8/10
    Season: 7/10
    Overall Show: 8/10

It's still a toss up for me whether or not I liked this season better than the first. I'd need more hindsight, but I thought they were both strong seasons with lots to enjoy. They really pulled off the Superman super feats this time around for the finale, and it was awesome.

I think it's important Ally doesn't die or is killed off. Even if none of our heroes are directly responsible for her death, I'd prefer this show to avoid having the villain die because it's neater or a more definitive end or whatever.

I've never read Elliot S. Maggin's Miracle Monday Superman novel, but I did appreciate the reference.

Superman loves his brother! He has a big heart. A new Fortress, one more friendly to all members of the Kent family, that should be good. I look forward to seeing more of Jordan and Sarah's relationship, and I really hope to see more from Lois and Natalie next season. I hope Kyle never gets back with Lana but continues to work at being a good father to his daughters.

I'm sure that they were going to keep S&L a part of the Arrowverse. They probably were still planning on that at the start of this season. I'm almost positive it was the CW cancelling Black Lightning, Batwoman and Legends that made them decide to put this on it's own Earth. The Arrowverse, for all intents and purposes, is dead. Sure, The Flash will still have characters from canceled shows show up on occasion, But they were the last show standing that still existed in the Arrowverse. Stargirl is on Earth 2. Gotham Knights will exist on Earth-Who-Gives-A-F***. And putting S&L on a new Earth helps explain all of the changes they have made, from the color of the heat vision to the Fortress looking so different. And for that, I don't have a problem with it. But I do hope we get an episode in a future season where this Clark goes to Earth Prime for some reason, or Earth-Prime Superman comes to this Earth, just so we can establish that BOTH exist.
    I was hoping Crisis would account for some of the superficial changes like the heat vision, but at the same time, Supergirl introduced too many aliens and Kryptonians for this show to do what it needed to. I want to see Earth-Prime Superman one last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Because unless he shows up on The Flash we are never going to see Earth-Prime Superman anywhere else to show he exists. The same way that unless Flash and Stargirl cross we will never get a definitive answer to whether there are two Jay Garricks or just one.

Things like this keep comic book fans up at night ... and I have the sleep deprivation to prove it
    It doesn't keep me up at night, but I do find myself waking up in the middle of the night going "So when Flash and Black Lightning were in the Hall of Justice earlier this season, was there any mention of Superman?" I would be sad if we never see Superman and Flash interacting again, some one on one time between those two would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Tal is on the Bizarro Square Earth. How was he talking effectively in the bar, don't they all talk backwards to him? How will he get back? I assume the portal is closed, did everyone else arrive at that conclusion??
    When did he go, after dumping Clark into the sun? So he had time to go to a Dealership amidst the chaos and purchase two trucks for his nephews? That Dealership wasn't going to miss a sale despite things! Ha!
    I had the same thoughts about the logistics of Tal buying those cars.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    The DCAU reminds me of the early Transformers cartoon. Start with just a handful of robots, then look up and wonder where all these OTHER robots are coming from. First, there’s Batman, some time passes and then there’s Superman! �� I actually rewatched Justice League Secret Origins the other day and laughed at how the Manhunter sends out a mental call for help that results in only 4 other heroes (Superman and Batman already involved) to show for this invasion of the planet! But grows to hundreds of heroes by the end of JLU.
    I love the DCAU, but I'm not going to act like it doesn't have it's problems. Having a Batman Beyond cartoon before the Justice League one raised questions, and bringing in Static Shock created the issue of Superman previously being referenced as a fictional character and a reference to a Teen Titans team that couldn't have been the team from the '03 show but then having that same Speedy show up on JLU.

So I just read Tod's interview where he talks about setting the show on a different Earth
    Now that's just sloppy.

Mighty Member

Jordan Elsass leaving is shocking.

Jon keeps taking L's both in and out of universe.