Page 41 of 103 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

The Eradicator just doesn't look right without those huge, yellow, oversized shades. Like, I get it would probably seem random if he suddenly had those (I was assuming his eyes would just morph into them somehow), but it just doesn't look complete without them. I wonder if some of Edge is still in there though, if only for a final scene with his brother...

Wow, Lois actually apologized to Sam. Never thought I'd see that. Honestly I understand that people want to understand the truth but I feel like I see the military's perspective of wanting to keep everyone from panicking or worrying about everything if they knew the truth. Just look at how Chrissy's article stoked the fires of the citizens' outrage when the DoD is just there for security, especially with Edge still out there, and Clark thought the article exaggerated a little. How would people react to knowledge of X-Kryptonite and the idea of having Superman's powers at the touch of a rock? I feel bad for that woman though, still not knowing how her son died, although it wasn't pretty...

Clark Kent's best friend? Sorry Pete Ross, but it's definitely Lana Lang here. Honestly I feel like they could have made Kyle Pete and that would've given us probably the most compelling version of Pete Ross ever, which I think is a testament to the show making Kyle a character that feels so real and worth empathizing with, which is something I never thought I'd say.

Steel might be in a better place now, but don't let that fool you, John Henry Irons has seen some @#$^ and he's not just a happy-go-lucky Superhero.

Chrissy needing to sell her paper makes me wonder who owns the Daily Planet now that Edge is a wanted fugitive and the military might've seized his assets.

I was wondering if Clark might slip by and come to the town hall as Superman to try and calm everyone down, although I'm not sure if that would've helped. Does the general public know this whole evil plot is the fault of Superman's Kryptonian half-brother?

I wonder if there's something to the fact that Jon's potential love interest was from Central City and her dad is in prison. Like, it feels like it's setting up that The Flash put her dad in prison, but I'm not sure if he was a Supervillain or a name character. Maybe they might address that if The Flash crosses over with SM&L next year as part of their five-part crossover story?

I'm thinking to myself that the quickest solution to the long-distance thing between Jordan and Sara is Jordan gaining super-speed so he can just visit her in a second whenever he wants, although that would probably raise questions. He couldn't even come up with a quick excuse when he repeated something Sara's mom said that he overheard with his super-hearing.

I understand why Sara is so upset but it's not really fair for her to fault her parents on this one. Like, the whole town hates them and doesn't want them working there, are they under any obligation to tough it out when there are better prospects outside Smallville? They did what they thought was right and the town turned on them for it.

Steel is now basically Thor with his own Mjolnir he can just fling and have fly wherever he needs it too and it's as awesome as it sounds .

Jeez, Lois was this close to repeating her death from John Henry's Earth, but Steel isn't about to let that happen again .

Well, Alexander Garfin now gets to play Kryptonian Palpatine in his body as Edge!Eradicator puts his father into Jordan's body. I wonder if this is going to unlock his full Kryptonian powerset?

Incredible Member

You had a lot of good insights about the show.

The media have not come out very well lately. But they certainly have stoked the public of Smallville,
    who are in full panic mood in this episode. Sam Lane comes out better here in this episode than we have seen
    him before.

The overreactions of the kids to events has been a common theme in the show. I thought it was part of
    the ambience to make it a CW version of a family show. But really don't think many families would be as
    cool with being told off all the time by their teenagers.

I have a hard time seeing Kyle as Pete Ross. I like Lana in the show, but it would have been interesting if
    she was a TV reporter for say a larger community close to Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    You had a lot of good insights about the show.

The media have not come out very well lately. But they certainly have stoked the public of Smallville,
    who are in full panic mood in this episode. Sam Lane comes out better here in this episode than we have seen
    him before.

The overreactions of the kids to events has been a common theme in the show. I thought it was part of
    the ambience to make it a CW version of a family show. But really don't think many families would be as
    cool with being told off all the time by their teenagers.

I have a hard time seeing Kyle as Pete Ross. I like Lana in the show, but it would have been interesting if
    she was a TV reporter for say a larger community close to Smallville.
    Yeah, but I feel like that's kind of how teenagers act.

Incredible Member

Honestly,thought this season ended 3 episodes ago. lol Figured the story with The Eradicator would be saved for a new season. Obviously not.
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

And apparently the season finale will be directed by Tom Cavanagh. It never dawned on me he was directing Arrowverse shows. Well that's pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    And apparently the season finale will be directed by Tom Cavanagh. It never dawned on me he was directing Arrowverse shows. Well that's pretty neat.
    Oh wow I did not know this. Very cool.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Incredible Member

Yes, that is how teenagers act. But that is not how parents act.
    But the CW seems to assume that parents will just spend their time
    mollifying teenagers. Perhaps, they feel it would alienate their teenager
    fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Honestly,thought this season ended 3 episodes ago. lol Figured the story with The Eradicator would be saved for a new season. Obviously not.
    I think this season was supposed to end a few episodes ago, but then the CW asked for more

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Alexander Garfin now gets to play Kryptonian Palpatine in his body as Edge!Eradicator puts his father into Jordan's body. I wonder if this is going to unlock his full Kryptonian powerset?
    I think a missed opportunity here is putting Discount Palpatine into Jon's body, and having Jordan trying to break through to save his brother. Or course, if they do the reverse with a powerless Jon trying to break through to Jordan, I suppose that could be even more powerful.

Mighty Member

Awkward mother-daughter reunion.

Really excited for next season! And that was a good finale.

Well things just got more awkward.

I thought it was great and I'm looking forward for next season.

Astonishing Member

Great finale. Glad there was no villain got away cliff hanger. The mild hanger was emotionally moving. My only quibble is that I would think Kal would have Kara on quick dial or she would have picked up on this and showed with J'onn. However, dramatically that would have crowded the plot unnecessarily as compared to 'tactically' a good idea.

Well done - so much better than what the other DC shows have become.

That scene with Clark flying so fast he appeared on fire and Steel's mega throw were VERY cool looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Great finale. Glad there was no villain got away cliff hanger. The mild hanger was emotionally moving. My only quibble is that I would think Kal would have Kara on quick dial or she would have picked up on this and showed with J'onn. However, dramatically that would have crowded the plot unnecessarily as compared to 'tactically' a good idea.

Well done - so much better than what the other DC shows have become.
    I agree, but I wonder if we are going to discover the timelines don't add up. Like maybe all of this happened while she was still in the Phantom Zone. Or maybe this happened when Kara's team headed into the Phantom Zone to rescue her, which is why they were all unavailable to help.

Also, it's possible that Clark thought it could make things worse- like Edge could download some Kryptonians into J'onn, Dreamer, Brainy, etc.