Page 75 of 103 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1544

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    They had more stuff to do earlier in the season. Jon had that thing with his girlfriend. I think having family drama between Lois with Sam and Lucy was good stuff, but even that has fallen by the wayside by this point.
    It feels like their screentime got shortchanged the more the show started focusing on Lana and her family. Especially since the impact of those stories has kind of been forgotten about, because Jon still hasn't really shown much development or evolution since the X-K thing (let alone in his relationship with his family) and Lois is mostly just reacting or playing a supporting role now.

I guess Lois got to learn about "real" journalism from Chrissy and get accused of being a terrible friend and liar .
    Her manipulation of Lucy worked for me.
    I agree but there isn't really much meat to her otherwise in my opinion.
    Superman had to deal with Anderson and an imitation Superman squad, there's everything with Tal and realizing he might be able to redeem his brother, and then dealing with Lana knowing his identity. I think he's in a different place now than he was in season one.
    Yeah, but has it effected his character at all? It doesn't seem like Anderson has impacted his relationship with the military and government at all and while Lana knows his secret it doesn't seem to have given Clark any kind of emotional arc.

I do think the development with Tal have been nice.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

spoilers:
    It's not Earth Prime!
    end of spoilers
    Assassinate Putin!

Mighty Member

I think Chrissy's going to accidentally reveal that secret identity within 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    spoilers:
    It's not Earth Prime!
    end of spoilers
    Which makes no sense with the finale episode of Crisis on Infinite Earths, but oh well. Guess they are glad they cut the scene of Lois picking up the picture of her and Kara from last season.

Thought they nailed the finale.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

spoilers:
    It's not Earth Prime!
    end of spoilers
    That reveal brought a huge smile to my face, won't lie.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    It's not Earth Prime!
    end of spoilers
    I missed that

Thoughts on the finale:

This season was not as good as the last. However, context matters here. The first season was a 9-10/10. This one was a 7-8/10.

Clark having a brother is a new and cool dynamic. It is a natural progression of Super Dad. Especially with a brother like Tal.

Speaking of Tal, I look forward to the inevitable Tal, Lana and Kyle.

Nat is a better hero than all the adults and Jordan.

That supercharged save! And that's why he's MFing SUPERMAN!!!

I also like the handling of the secret I.D. for both Clark and Jordan. At some point, you have to include other people.

Keeping both Allie's alive surely won't cause any problems in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Thoughts on the finale:

This season was not as good as the last. However, context matters here. The first season was a 9-10/10. This one was a 7-8/10.

Clark having a brother is a new and cool dynamic. It is a natural progression of Super Dad. Especially with a brother like Tal.

Speaking of Tal, I look forward to the inevitable Tal, Lana and Kyle.

Nat is a better hero than all the adults and Jordan.

That supercharged save! And that's why he's MFing SUPERMAN!!!

I also like the handling of the secret I.D. for both Clark and Jordan. At some point, you have to include other people.

Keeping both Allie's alive surely won't cause any problems in the future...
    Not having seen it, but having read a review:
    1) I have to say, the overall plot was a bit of a letdown. Bizarro world didn't have to be a season long plot.
    2) glad tal wasn't killed off, but not sure I like the idea of him being a hero on another earth.
    3) Lucy not getting some sort of punishment didn't sit well with me. After all the trouble she caused, I'm not sure she deserves a happily ever with her family.
    4) So kal had no powers, right? How exactly was tal able to get him into space, throw him into the sun, and him survive all that?
    5) so ally and her counterpart were separated, and ally says basically, that what she did was wrong. I'm sure she's in jail, but really? What's with all the softpedaling? Ally and lucy caused a lot of problems, and I really wanted to see them live with their choices, or not say "oops, I messed up! Sorry!" Ally was not a good villain, parasite or not.
    6) the Kent's building a fortress for the family in the middle of the ocean? Are they building it in an oil rig or something?
    7) and how they resolved the " Superman" being the only hero on earth " thing. I can kind of understand why they did it, but I still don't like it. Just wipe the slate clean, move them to HBO max, and just start over. Can't promise I'll be watching g though. I'm not sure what I want from this show, but between all the breaks, and what they've done all season with characters I could care less about, I'm not sure I care anymore.
    Last edited by protege; 06-29-2022 at 06:53 AM.

When in doubt, Tal Rho shows up to save his family and back his brother up. And thankfully on this Earth it doesn't cost him his life.

Bizarro!Lois was there just to...stand and look pretty. Like, no interaction with the family at all (since they probably couldn't really understand her) or any kind of follow-up, she's just kind of there. We didn't really get much resolution with the Bizarro family at all. Like what happened to Jon-El? Imprisoned like Ally? Will they ever get Bizarro's body?

I thought Lois and Lana with her family offered a nice on the street perspective to the merging of the Earths.

I had a feeling they would eventually resort to just throwing him into the sun, but it was a pretty cool sequence.

Man, I never expected to feel so bad for Kyle, or to see Lois comforting and hugging him like that. What a change from the beginning of season 1.

I guess the only real solution the writers could come up with to save themselves the headache and address all the questions about shows' status in the Arrowverse...was to basically just ignore them and make the show it's own standalone Earth. Which I guess explains why they never mentioned Kara or any other heroes and why Superman wasn't really mentioned in the last season of Supergirl. Which doesn't fit at all with Crisis but makes sense for how the show has been handling it. I guess that makes it a completely different Diggle and Argus (although Diggle still mentioned Oliver so I guess he still existed?). I guess this is another nail in the coffin of the Arrowverse.

Natalie jumped the gun and tried to save her dad without understanding what the real plan was, but it was a nice moment of the Irons family together and deciding to save the world while sacrificing themselves. Luckily this time there's a Superman to save them both.

Superman flying out of the sun is some All Star Superman @#$& and I love it.

Solar Superman vs. Parasite and he literally has her overload herself and punches them separate. I love it!

He did it! He did the thing! He flew around the Earth! Although instead of rewinding time he actually just de-merges the Earths with the full power of Solar Superman. Amazing.

I loved Smallville celebrating Superman and all the Superman (and Steel!) cosplayers, even including the Fleischer suit. Smallville is becoming Superman central (sorry Metropolis). Also Superman flying by and then showing up incognito as Clark is peak Superman.

Does Chrissy need to know Clark is Superman? I guess if Lois is going to be fully transparent and honest with her, but it didn't feel as earned to me. I hope this means less of Chrissy lecturing Lois about journalism.

Poor Kyle. It doesn't seem like a full reconciliation with Lana is in the cards, but at least she still cares about him.

The irony that the merging never made you feel "complete," Ally was just desperate to make everyone like her so she didn't feel alone. And now she's stuck with herself. Although at least she understands Bizarro!Ally.

At least Jon got Candice, who finally shows up again...which is pretty much the best thing he got out of this season.

Sarah finally properly apologizes for the Aubrey thing and acts emotionally mature about their relationship! And understanding Jordan's perspective. That was really nice to see. And now they're starting from square one, so hopefully whatever course their relationship takes will be more positive and strong.

So I guess Bruno Manheim and Intergang are going to be villains in season 3, although I doubt they'll be the main villains. We're also addressing the mystery of what happened to this worlds' John Henry Irons.

Tal has now settled into being the cool, rich, uncle who gifts the best for his nephews. Also looks like he'll be settling into Bizzaro World as their new resident Super. I wish we could've seen the look on his face when he found out who he was married to.

Lucy moves back to Metropolis...even if I feel like she deserves some jail time, at least she finally reconciled with Lois and will hopefully make a better life for herself. Also I guess she never found out her brother-in-law was Superman?

Clark takes the whole family to build a new Fortress of Solitude which actually looks like a proper Fortress straight from the comics (and is in the middle of the sea which feels like they pulled it from Bendis' run) and inviting the whole family, including Jon, to be a part of it. I hope the interior looks good.

Incredible Member

So I guess this explains why Supergirl or anyone else never helped out Superman during the rough times but is there still a Superman existing in the world with the other heroes? Where was he when Supergirl was stuck in the Phantom Zone? And like the above post said this totally negates the finale of Crisis where all the worlds were merged into 1 prime Earth.

Seems a lame copout to explain where the other heroes have been hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess the only real solution the writers could come up with to save themselves the headache and address all the questions about shows' status in the Arrowverse...was to basically just ignore them and make the show it's own standalone Earth. Which I guess explains why they never mentioned Kara or any other heroes and why Superman wasn't really mentioned in the last season of Supergirl. Which doesn't fit at all with Crisis but makes sense for how the show has been handling it. I guess that makes it a completely different Diggle and Argus (although Diggle still mentioned Oliver so I guess he still existed?). I guess this is another nail in the coffin of the Arrowverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    So I guess this explains why Supergirl or anyone else never helped out Superman during the rough times but is there still a Superman existing in the world with the other heroes? Where was he when Supergirl was stuck in the Phantom Zone? And like the above post said this totally negates the finale of Crisis where all the worlds were merged into 1 prime Earth.

Seems a lame copout to explain where the other heroes have been hiding.
    Let's face it- this was NEVER the plan. They openly stated they were going to crossover Superman with Batwoman, before the Pandemic torpedoed those plans. Diggle mentioned Oliver and the box he found- heck, Diggle had a whole multi-show arc last season on S&L, Flash, AND Batwoman dealing with that. And there was the cut scene of Lois packing up her desk and picking up a photo with her and Kara. Not to mention the ending of Crisis on Infinite Earths, which established that not only did Clark now have TWO sons, but he also had chair at the Justice League table.

I'm sure that they were going to keep S&L a part of the Arrowverse. They probably were still planning on that at the start of this season. I'm almost positive it was the CW cancelling Black Lightning, Batwoman and Legends that made them decide to put this on it's own Earth. The Arrowverse, for all intents and purposes, is dead. Sure, The Flash will still have characters from canceled shows show up on occasion, But they were the last show standing that still existed in the Arrowverse. Stargirl is on Earth 2. Gotham Knights will exist on Earth-Who-Gives-A-F***. And putting S&L on a new Earth helps explain all of the changes they have made, from the color of the heat vision to the Fortress looking so different. And for that, I don't have a problem with it. But I do hope we get an episode in a future season where this Clark goes to Earth Prime for some reason, or Earth-Prime Superman comes to this Earth, just so we can establish that BOTH exist.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    But I do hope we get an episode in a future season where this Clark goes to Earth Prime for some reason, or Earth-Prime Superman comes to this Earth, just so we can establish that BOTH exist.
    Why? Like, why do we need a crossover to establish both exist?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Why? Like, why do we need a crossover to establish both exist?
    Because unless he shows up on The Flash we are never going to see Earth-Prime Superman anywhere else to show he exists. The same way that unless Flash and Stargirl cross we will never get a definitive answer to whether there are two Jay Garricks or just one.

Things like this keep comic book fans up at night ... and I have the sleep deprivation to prove it

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Because unless he shows up on The Flash we are never going to see Earth-Prime Superman anywhere else to show he exists. The same way that unless Flash and Stargirl cross we will never get a definitive answer to whether there are two Jay Garricks or just one.

Things like this keep comic book fans up at night ... and I have the sleep deprivation to prove it
    I mean, I think it's safe to assume that Earth Prime's Superman still exists, just off screen, and Stargirl's Jay is not the same as Flash's Jay. Y'all can sleep now.

I don't know, but really it's not stuff that needs to be shown, and trying to do a crossover would just kind of derail the show's normal pace and story. Like, Arrowverse is winding down, best just let it lie. S&L is awesome, Stargirl is good, and Flash probably only has one season left anyway.