Page 24 of 104 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    6. Tyler Hoechlin takes the championship belt.

Christopher Reeve is still untouchable as my favorite Live-Action (costumed) Superman.

But Live-Action Clark Kent? That's all Tyler Hoechlin's spot now.

Of the 14 men so far who have played the role over the last 80+ years, he is already hands-down the most likeable and relatable and adorkable Clark Kent ever.
    I'm a big fan of Tyler Hoechlin and I think he makes a great Superman (that body!!!!).

But Dean Cain's Clark/Superman was pretty likeable/relatable/adorable too.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    7. Captain Luthor is a smooth criminal.

I was impressed that this Luthor was able to connect with Lois so naturally.

And then we see why: on his Earth, he was married to Lois, who was killed by his evil Superman. Got to be a gut-punch to see any version of your spouse happily married to someone else.

I'm more convinced now that Captain Luthor is actually much more a misguided hero than a villain, and won't be the season's big bad at all. He's definitely one to watch.
    I did find it hilarious how he assumes our Lois is the exact same Lois, even though she's married to another man, and he doesn't even know that that same man is also Superman and the father of her children (who are also half-Kryptonian).

He probably assumes she'll be all-in on his plans to kill Superman not knowing how far he's barking off the wrong tree.

Also, poor Luthor AI...
    8. Clark Kent the Journalist no longer matters.

Not really about this episode, but between 1) this show having him laid off to become an assistant HS coach and 2) the DCEU Clark Kent officially killed off at the same time Superman died and 3) Clark revealing his identity to the world and universe in the current comix.

It's never been more clear than Clark doesn't need to be a reporter or in the news media at all. Lois Lane absolutely has to, but not Clark.
    I think it's more that Clark has other obligations and roles in the context of this show to make up for not being a reporter so Lois can have that to do.

Ultimate Member

Don't know if anyone else has put this up, if so sorry didn't see it on the to do list in the Metropolis kitchen the chalkboard said to call Siegle and Shuster or however their names are spelled, the creators of Superman...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Don't know if anyone else has put this up, if so sorry didn't see it on the to do list in the Metropolis kitchen the chalkboard said to call Siegle and Shuster or however their names are spelled, the creators of Superman...
    Siegel and Shuster, yeah. Nice catch, though. Great homage to Superman's creators.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

In the other thread, I mentioned Captain Luthor being on a similar path as Smallville's Lex. His journey is going to a negative change arc. We are gonna watch him become more like the Classic Lex Luthor over the seasons.

I could be wrong but that's how I see him.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    In the other thread, I mentioned Captain Luthor being on a similar path as Smallville's Lex. His journey is going to a negative change arc. We are gonna watch him become more like the Classic Lex Luthor over the seasons.

I could be wrong but that's how I see him.
    Maybe. I'm just not entirely sure I see him being a main character for more than 1 season, I see him as a 1 season type Character who's arc has a beginning and end. So maybe for him its finding redemption and either dying, travelling the world, or maybe looking for his universe that could have been restored. It gets a bit weird when you have an alternate take on a character when the primary version is still around, and though there might be hesitance due to tone for some people, Cryer could definitely adapt to this show if he were to appear and spread his chops the same way Hoechlin got to after some pretty medicore appearances on Supergirl

Mighty Member

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm going to watch last nights new episode later today. So glad this is back from the extended Covid-hiatus.
    This is really the only good superhero show left on CW. I say that having had concerns that after 5 years of Supergirl there may not be anything worth exploring with Clark week in/out.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

There's an article on TVLine.com (I'll get the link after work) where they say that, because of COVID, timing, and production issues, pretty much everything to do with the larger Arrowverse ended up getting cut out of this season, but they are hopeful to bring in those ties next season. There was also supposed to be a nod to Kara when Lois quit the Daily Planet- she picked up a photo of her, Kara and Clark on the farm- but that moment got cut for time.

Here is that link:

Superman & Lois EP Reveals Supergirl Easter Egg You Didn't See This Season
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 05-18-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    There's an article on TVLine.com (I'll get the link after work) where they say that, because of COVID, timing, and production issues, pretty much everything to do with the larger Arrowverse ended up getting cut out of this season, but they are hopeful to bring in those ties next season. There was also supposed to be a nod to Kara when Lois quit the Daily Planet- she picked up a photo of her, Kara and Clark on the farm- but that moment got cut for time.
    A shame, but at least they weren't deliberately trying to play the show like it's isolated...

@Dabronzebomma

I'll still take Tom Wellings Clark Kent by a mile but maybe it's because we got 10years of him. I like Tyler though alot, he brings a charm the character has been missing in recent years.

Mighty Member

Jordan developing some new ability???

Good episode. John and Jordan act like real kids dealing with this. I also like how they portray Lois and Clark.
    Such a difference with the current Flash episodes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

How would people feel about Captain Luthir becoming the CW version of Steel?

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    How would people feel about Captain Luthir becoming the CW version of Steel?
    That could be good, assuming he can ever see that this Earth's Superman isn't like his Earth's.