Page 40 of 103 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Oh yeah, very true! I was just thinking about how on most shows, Superman does encounter a Kryptonian or a remnant of Krypton, but it's not always Zod.
    Superman: The Animated Series back in the 90s used Mala and Jax-Ur, the latter as a substitute for Zod, if I recall right.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Superman: The Animated Series back in the 90s used Mala and Jax-Ur, the latter as a substitute for Zod, if I recall right.
    Jax-Ur was a Silver Age scientist imprisoned in the Phantom Zone I believe but on the show him and Mala were definitely Zod and Ursa/Faora stand ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Jax-Ur was a Silver Age scientist imprisoned in the Phantom Zone I believe but on the show him and Mala were definitely Zod and Ursa/Faora stand ins.
    Oh, yeah. I mostly recall because I was binging Superman: TAS after it became available on HBO Max earlier this year. Great stuff. Looking forward to seeing how the Eradicator gets dealt with in these upcoming episodes of Superman & Lois, though.

Mighty Member

Poor Jordan.

Thoughts on #SupermanAndLois (SAL) Episode 14 "The Eradicator", with spoilers below ...
    1. This episode, the previous episode ("Failsafe"), and most certainly the next and final episode are basically SAL Season 1.5.

First season originally ended with Superman expelling Zod from his mind, defeating Morgan Edge, and welcoming John Henry Irons into the fold. These last three episodes were an add-on that so far seems to be paying off.

2. There is no Morgan Edge, only the Eradicator.

The Eradicator is a legitimate "frenemy" of Superman in the comix. He was a big part of the now iconic Reign of the Supermen storyline back in the 90s. Always wanting to restore Krypton on Earth. He's just as likely to be an ally in battle as he is to be a sworn enemy.

I was hoping he'd look a bit more comic-book accurate, but the motivation being the same is good enough for now.

3. I'll say it: Leslie Larr has massively underrated super-villain energy. I'm not big on Evil Kryptonians in general, but anyone who pulls this much from DCEU Faora is someone I hope gets used more next season.

4. Really liked the scene between Jonathan and John Henry Irons. Jonathan trying hard to bond to his newfound "uncle" only to be (initially) rejected is clearly setting up a future mentor/mentee relationship.

Also, mentioning his daughter Nat's "last months of her life" is definitely going to be circled back to next season.

5. With every episode, Elizabeth Tulloch's performances climb a little bit higher in my esteem. She's going to take the GOAT Lois Lane crown sooner rather than later.

Her facial reactions when that distraught mother at the town hall meeting yells that "you don't know what it's like to lose a child" was such great acting.

6. The Kyle Cushing Redemption Tour continues.

Dude still has a very punchable face, but they are doing their level-best to make him likeable. And it may be ... working? I mean, I don't roll my eyes whenever he's onscreen anymore. That's good, right?

7. "Do I look like someone who gives out classified intel to drunk teenagers?"

Line of the night goes to Sam Lane, who is also far less antagonistic lately.

8. Superman and Steel teaming up to take on the Eradicator and his henches will never get old. This show knows how to tap that nostalgia vein.

And that long-distance boomerang hammer toss by John Henry to save Lois from Leslie Larr was so badass!

9. The Eradicator hunting down Jonathan and Jordan (and Sam and Sarah Cushing) in their car at night reminded me of the first Tyrannosaurus encounter in Jurassic Park.

The Eradicator no-selling their car crashing into him was the most simple yet impressive way to show just how powerful he is.

10. Poor Jordan.

He had little chance against Morgan Edge in an earlier episode, and absolutely no chance against the Eradicator here. And now Morgan Edge's more evil dad (aka Diet Palpatine) has control of Jordan's body.

Bottom line: this episode was less about Tyler Hoechlin (still routinely great in this episode) and more about everyone around him. And that isn't a bad thing here. The show is making me care about characters beyond the two title leads, and that's impressive when the leads are literally Superman and Lois.

But we also get Superman beautifully crashing thru buildings fighting bad guys. The show is a fully balanced breakfast.

Grade: 8/10.

Next up: The Real, True, Final Season Finale in one week!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

What an episode from Tue night!! This show keeps one upping itself.

"I Love You." - - - WHOOSH!! :-(

@deBronzeBomma has a very solid summary of thoughts that I echo. I think his Bottom line comment is the one I echo the loudest. I've felt that over the course of the season. I was super worried about the twins pre-premiere but those concerns have gone away.

I also do not have enough good things to say about Elizabeth Tulloch's Lois - - just WOW! If they don't consider her for an Emmy there is no justice.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Poor Jordan.
    Yes, indeed. Cosigning the last two posters above me, though.

One thing that bothers me, if only a little bit. Edge's hologram dad, played by A C Peterson, looks old, I mean ancient. But Edge arrived on Earth when he was a teen, and brought his AI father with him. So how old was this guy when he had Edge?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    One thing that bothers me, if only a little bit. Edge's hologram dad, played by A C Peterson, looks old, I mean ancient. But Edge arrived on Earth when he was a teen, and brought his AI father with him. So how old was this guy when he had Edge?
    Well, from what I understand, other than Clark, Kryptonians were made from DNA samples of 2 Kryptonians. So long as the old kook had viable DNA, he could have children made with a woman (test tube babies for everyone).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, from what I understand, other than Clark, Kryptonians were made from DNA samples of 2 Kryptonians. So long as the old kook had viable DNA, he could have children made with a woman (test tube babies for everyone).
    Makes sense. Still, you would think a Kryptonian hologram would look a little more put together. I mean, get a haircut you freak!

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I'm really excited for the finale. This series has been blowing everything else out of the water.

If they actually find an excuse to give Edgeradicator wrap-around sunglasses, I will lose my sh#t. Otherwise, this show has been awesome - SO much better than I would have expected. (I was expecting "Supergirl" but with annoying kids, so... low expectations)

How weird will this be now where Superman's son is Edge's dad, who is Superman's brother... ?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-14-2021 at 08:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Yes, this show is only matched by the best of Arrow. The other DC shows are Meh or stupid most of the times. My only wish is to see Kara and J'onn speeding to Kal. No need for the Flash, he's an idiot and would be useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Yes, this show is only matched by the best of Arrow. The other DC shows are Meh or stupid most of the times. My only wish is to see Kara and J'onn speeding to Kal. No need for the Flash, he's an idiot and would be useless.
    The Flash would stop right in front of the bad guy and try to talk him into surrendering, making his powers useless and allowing the bad guy to take him.

I really am torn as to whether or not I want Jon to get some kind of armor or advanced hi-tech weapon to keep himself safe. The bit with the gun was a tense moment, and if the boys need to protect themselves, it's natural Jon would gravitate towards someone like John Henry.

Dan Jurgens reference!

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    7. "Do I look like someone who gives out classified intel to drunk teenagers?"

Line of the night goes to Sam Lane, who is also far less antagonistic lately.
    That was a great line, and somehow this show has made the military general who occupies a small town one of the more sympathetic characters. This show has done a great job with Sam Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If they actually find an excuse to give Edgeradicator wrap-around sunglasses, I will lose my sh#t.
    That would really complete the look, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    At a few points in time, The Flash has been my favorite CW show, but this show just does a great job all around. I'd love to see Superman and Flash do some sort of charity race episode.