Page 49 of 103 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I keep getting the feeling that Natalie will try to do something to help get rid of Clark with the hope that if he's out of the picture then her family can be whole again, that if Clark was to die that her dad and Lois could be together, and she would use anyone, including Sarah, in her hopes of hurting Clark and everyone in the family that isn't Lois...not as some cackling supervillain though...
    I do wonder if they're going to explore how uncomfortable Superman (and Kryptonian's) make her from what she had to go through on her world. I'm not sure if she's had the experience to process it like her dad did.

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I keep getting the feeling that Natalie will try to do something to help get rid of Clark with the hope that if he's out of the picture then her family can be whole again, that if Clark was to die that her dad and Lois could be together, and she would use anyone, including Sarah, in her hopes of hurting Clark and everyone in the family that isn't Lois...not as some cackling supervillain though...
    I'm really liking Natalie thus far, so God I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I could see Tal coming - surprise! But OK.
    So could Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Didn't they use Laura in the theatrical version of Superman II? Or was it some random Kryptonian they replaced Brando with? It's been ages since I've seen that version of the movie.
    You're right, Lara talked to both Luthor when he arrived in the Fortress and then Superman when he depowered himself. My mind immediately went to the barn scene in Superman IV when thinking about Clark interacting with her.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Only if Jon Cryer's Lex Luthor brings him out of the Phantom Zone when he inevitably escapes.
    That would be a fun callback.

Season 2 confirmed to have 15 episodes total.

Hopefully, this time the cast and crew knew this ahead of time and we don't get multiple season-finale episodes like last year.

Also, the actress who plays Dr. Faulkner:

- is named Catherine Lough Haggquist

- has been professionally acting since 1992

- is 5'10" tall (without heels)

- guest-starred on an episode of Smallville in 2002 as "Mary"

I can totally see her becoming Rampage (from exposure to x-k) this season.

If so, tho, I hope the show gives her really good costuming, makeup & f/x.

I remember how bad Supergirl's Red Tornado and Silver Banshee looked onscreen.

Mighty Member

Was that Bizzarro? The face is strange but the lighting was poor.

Mighty Member

That's a frightening looking Bizarro.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Was that Bizzarro? The face is strange but the lighting was poor.
    It was indeed. And everyone said it was going to be Doomsday. Wonder what this Bizarro's origin is...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It was indeed. And everyone said it was going to be Doomsday. Wonder what this Bizarro's origin is...
    I think he was created by Amtrek or whoever Faulkner works for.

I'm guessing Lucy is the mystery caller retracting her story.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-25-2022 at 08:11 PM.

That's two times they tricked us with the introducion of the main antagonist.(especially with Lois using the word domsday) I'm fine with it. It's the only way to surprise comic book fans who have so much knowledge. The psychic connection between Clark and Bizarro is an interesting twist and I'll be curious to find out his origin.

Superman with uncontrollable powers and rage issues is...frightening.

I don't know if I'd quite put kissing/cheating on the level of your family having superpowers and your dad being Superman, but I guess it was only a matter of time before Jordan brought up wanting to tell Sarah the truth. He's thinking with his heart, not his head, and that can be a dangerous thing, but I think Clark was reasonable for giving the relationship a year before they're comfortable telling her. I mean, we're talking about a teenage high school relationship...it's bound to get topsy-turvy.

I see we are far from done with Lane family drama, as the consequences for Sam's absentee parenting and the lack of a mother figure impacted Lois and Lucy to the point where Lucy joined a cult that actually killed someone and it seems like she and Lois have been at odds for a long time now. Kind of felt bad for Sam and understood why he didn't want to drive away either of his daughters, even if Lois was always just trying to do her best.

Now that it turns out it wasn't actually Doomsday, those "Doomsday" name-drops feel even funnier in hindsight.

I can't remember if we've seen them playing Madden before, but I'm glad they play more than just Injustice.

I think that's the first time a live-action adaption has actually used Doomsday's containment suit...except the real surprise is when the mask gets torn to reveal a pale-faced checkered version of Clark inside of it, and if that didn't clue you in as to who it really is then the fact that they call him a "Bizarre Superman" and then reveal his tattered reverse of Superman's costume as well as the reversed title sequence should put to rest any doubts that that is indeed Bizarro.

Although admittedly Superman vs. Bizarro round one went about as well as most Superman vs. Doomsday fights.

Lana and Sarah talking about how it would be Jordan's loss if he didn't forgive her for the kiss felt off when Sarah was the one who kissed someone else, but I guess it's meant to be forgivable because it was just a kiss and not a full-blown affair, but it still feels a little like cheating to me. I dunno, I think Jon would've been in his right to be mad at Sarah for it a bit.

And what is Bizarro in this continuity? Is he a clone? Some kind of Kryptonian science experiment? He knows where the Fortress used to be, and he has some kind of psychic link to Clark. Is Amertek behind him?

I'm glad Natalie didn't go the whole "Why didn't you tell me? I want you to stop being a Superhero!" direction and instead focused on the two of them repairing and fixing up the suit.

Oh joy, Jon is buying drugs from his girlfriend. I'm sure this will end well. I mean, I guess I wouldn't judge her too harshly when she's living in a trailer park and struggling the fact that she and her family might end up on the street, but I don't see this ending well for anyone. And is this drug connected to X-Kryptonite?

It's definitely not going to endear Lucy to Lois that her sister sold her out to a cult leader. Also, the actress portraying Ally reminded me of Jamie Lee Curtis.

I'm betting that Jonathan only bought the drugs from his g/f so he could bring it to his dad or whomever to get it tested for X-Kryptonite. He's always had a good head on his shoulders and I don't think being overlooked by his team is enough to drive him to drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm betting that Jonathan only bought the drugs from his g/f so he could bring it to his dad or whomever to get it tested for X-Kryptonite. He's always had a good head on his shoulders and I don't think being overlooked by his team is enough to drive him to drugs.
    That would be a nice twist. I think he definitely realized it was X-Kryptonite related when she mentioned "crystals."

Taking the Death of Superman Doomsday origin and putting Bizarro in the suit... I know, i know. Someone in the writing team wanted to pull the "beloved" subversion of expectations stunt. But now spelling it out it might have come out of a MAD magazine take on the show. Teasing Doomsday and doing something else is how not to subvert expectations; its how to disappoint. And since this Bizarro take looks kinda cool its a bit sad too they did not gave him something original.

Still love the show overall & look forward to how it will play out.

I liked the twist. Especially since it is WAY too early for Doomsday. See BvS, they also introduced him way too early.

Poor Jon, can't he have something nice going on for a change? Now he has a toxic girlfriend who sells drugs.

I’ve been playing catch up with this show, because I haven’t been interested overall in most of the plots . I think there too many balls in the air on this show- how much crap can we dump on Superman? But, as far as Sam and his relationships with his daughters, I really wish he could get off the military first kick. He really doesn’t know much about being a father, does he? Wasn’t much help to Lucy or Lois. But why is no one discussing the fact that he was aware of the “ Superman of America” program before the new guy took over? If I were Clark, I’d be pissed.