Page 1 of 103 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default 'Superman & Lois' : The CW TV Series

It's Bird, It's a Plane! It's 'Superman & Lois' in Development at The CW

Tentatively titled Superman & Lois, the in-development project would see Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch (Grimm) reprising their Arrowverse roles as Clark Kent/Superman and Lois Lane, which they have already brought to Supergirl and the current production of this year's Crisis crossover.
    Is this just a trial balloon or a real possibility? And what does iot mean for any future Superman movies?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

**** yeah.

Love Tyler Hoechlin in the role.

Mighty Member

Please get better writers than SG had. Their stupidity made me drop that show in S2.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Please get better writers than SG had. Their stupidity made me drop that show in S2.
    The show got much better with Season 3 and especially 4.

2 was the low point.

It's nice to see Tyler Hoechlin finally getting his due as Superman .

I'm glad he'll get to step into his own series rather then just be a supporting character in Supergirl. I think that will probably address a lot of people's issues with how he's sometimes been handled there now that he's a main character and we have Lois as a strong co-star (hopefully she's handled better then Iris was at times).

I do wonder what they will do with it beyond "Lois and Clark tackle a case/parent issue of the week" since Supergirl has already established several iconic Superman villains (including Lex). Will they be able to differentiate enough from Kara's show? I guess they can re-establish Zod, they haven't done anything with Brainaic yet, and maybe Mongul?

It's a shame they can't reboot Jimmy for this, but I guess we'll finally get to see Arrowverse Perry White? I'm curious what the supporting cast might look like.

I wonder if they'd eventually do a season adapting Death/Reign.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    They've got the guy who showrunned Flash for some of it's weaker seasons, so I hope he's able to improve with Superman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

2 was the low point.
    The last straw for me was when Cadmus captured Alex for the second time that season. Then they showed her around their base without searching or restraining her. Of course it was a disaster for them. Have they figured out that they shouldn’t treat her as a bad ass most of the time but a china doll when captured? That was when I realized the 3 Stooges has smarter villains.

I wonder if they'll be able to overcome the budgetary limitations that have left Supergirl having to always fight in dimly lit warehouse / factory spaces half the time.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

If its a family show gimmick. Id give it a whirl. Thats one thing I like about Black Lightning. Deals with a super family. Each CW show should IDEALLY give you a different feel, tho this is not always the case of course.

Like Arrow should have been the most grounded, Flash for the light hearted (mostly) Silver Age kinda stuff going on, getting serious when it needs to, Legends for the over the top crazy campy hijinks, etc.

Thats just my opinion anyway

https://youtu.be/ErW2GeflZms
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 10-29-2019 at 07:53 AM. Reason: shamless youtube plug

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

2 was the low point.
    What?? Season 3 was so so bad. Mon-El was written terribly and the Legion was so disappointing I stopped watching the show.

I actually liked most of S2 and S1 had some good eps.

I'll go with it. Especially if the rumors about a young Jon Kent are true.

Ugh. I want to love any Superman show, but doing the whole Superdad angle...blegh. Jon was the worst thing to happen to Superman mythos/lore.

I can't help but be reminded of how when Batwoman was announced people were wondering where it would fit in with Arrow...only for it to be announced soon after that Arrow was ending.

And now we have a Superman show coming on after Supergirl when the contracts for the cast of the latter all end next year. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't help but be reminded of how when Batwoman was announced people were wondering where it would fit in with Arrow...only for it to be announced soon after that Arrow was ending.

And now we have a Superman show coming on after Supergirl when the contracts for the cast of the latter all end next year. Coincidence?
    well I wouldn't be surprised if Melissa is getting tired of this role and subpar writing. Unless she has nothing else. But she's a good actress so I don't think she'll have a lot of trouble finding other work. If she gets killed in Crisis or her show ends soon, I don't care, I'm not a fan any way, but 2 Super shows at the same time in the same network seems pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    well I wouldn't be surprised if Melissa is getting tired of this role and subpar writing. Unless she has nothing else. But she's a good actress so I don't think she'll have a lot of trouble finding other work. If she gets killed in Crisis or her show ends soon, I don't care, I'm not a fan any way, but 2 Super shows at the same time in the same network seems pointless.
    I think she loves playing Supergirl though, and enjoys spending time with the cast. I also don't think the cast always have the same opinion of the writing as the audience does, especially coming off season 4 which was generally considered fairly strong.

Well, I presume this will be relationship-based again, like Lois & Clark. But this time they are already together, married. Interesting. Hopefully the reaction won't be "married couples are boring".
    But I wonder how much they will involve some villains or threats that have only rarely been seen on screen, or never seen? Jon Cryer's Lex is dead, right? Or...?