Page 33 of 103 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

I think the show has a very natural sense of humor that it doesn't have to be as overt as LoT.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    But he had the advantage of knowing full well he had a brother and planning the army etc. It doesnt make sense for him not to have done recon and know exactly who his brother is by now.

On that same note I would also like to know why he waited so long to make an intro. Why didn't he reach out to Kal years ago? See if he wanted to hang out and be evil together
    I guess probably because it's hard to recon someone like Superman.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess probably because it's hard to recon someone like Superman.
    'Darn it, I blinked and he super-speeded away again! He was headed east-ish, I think? I wonder how long it will take me to telescopic vision scan *that entire side of the planet?* Oh, gotta take this call. Maybe tomorrow...'

Mighty Member

I loved that flashback scene of Superman changing clothes at super speed in the phone booth.

Talk about a stark difference between Edge's dad and Jor-El. And I'm really hoping there's a backup copy of Jor-El somewhere.

There better be: I really don’t like the direction this season is headed in.

It is weird to think Edge and Clark were at one point before the start of the show, employer and employee. Wonder if Edge is starting to regret firing his little bro?

Pretty good episode, I guess it can kind of be characterised as filler, but I loved seeing more of Clark and Lois' past in the classic status quo, so I'll consume it happily. Got to see that beautiful Fleischer costume again so that was plus, and more of Metropolis than we ever did this season. Hope in future seasons we can spend more time there. Also yeah, Edge's dad is a complete douche, no wonder he is the way he is today. I have a feeling Clark will be able to get him to see reason in the end though, he was corrupted by experiencing the worst of humanity and his father's teaching, so who better than his brother to show him the absolute best of it. Also, his father did withhold him having a brother, likely in fear that he'd turn against him and stray from his teachings, so that might be where they're going with it.

I really liked this back story. It shows why Clark would fall for Lois, but also I like how Lois falls for Clark and isn't obsessed with Superman. Obviously Clark did not submit to Edge, but it will be interesting to see how this turns out. At least it won't be "The Power of Love" like every freaking Flash season.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I can appreciate how this show essentially followed the Donner film origin where Clark is young when he goes north and creates the Fortress, and doesn't actually come back until he's a man. It would explain how nobody from Smallville recognizes Clark is Superman (since he didn't put on the glasses until he got to Metropolis) but it will always be a bit silly that Lois can be fooled by a pair of glasses - nobody since Reeve has been able to pull off actually seeming like two different people as Superman and Clark.

It'll be interesting to see how John Henry will play a part now. I get that Lois couldn't tell him the real reason Superman "turned," but will she continue to just let him think Superman is evil? And how will Diggle factor in? (very briefly I imagine, but it's still great to see him)

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I can appreciate how this show essentially followed the Donner film origin where Clark is young when he goes north and creates the Fortress, and doesn't actually come back until he's a man. It would explain how nobody from Smallville recognizes Clark is Superman (since he didn't put on the glasses until he got to Metropolis) but it will always be a bit silly that Lois can be fooled by a pair of glasses - nobody since Reeve has been able to pull off actually seeming like two different people as Superman and Clark.
    It was silly back then, too, but we kids just went with it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I really liked this back story. It shows why Clark would fall for Lois, but also I like how Lois falls for Clark and isn't obsessed with Superman. Obviously Clark did not submit to Edge, but it will be interesting to see how this turns out. At least it won't be "The Power of Love" like every freaking Flash season.
    I'm pretty sure it's the same number of seasons as LoT (one) but maybe I'm forgetting one.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Loved, loved, loved this episode.
    It was one part backstory, one part origin(Morgan Edge), one part prologue for what John Henry Irons was here for. A trifecta of goodness. This is no filler episode, it is the keystone episode that pieces together everything in every episode up to this point and allows the preceding pieces to fall into whatever place they are going to for the next several episodes.

This one episode is better at updating the Donner Superman elements and moving us forward than ALL of the Superman Returns film.

Someone mentioned Diggle...I did not see Diggle in this episode. Are you alluding to his forthcoming appearance?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You sure about that? You don't think it will be his love for his family, and possibly an impassioned speech by Lois, that snaps Clark out of whatever the Eradicator did to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Someone mentioned Diggle...I did not see Diggle in this episode. Are you alluding to his forthcoming appearance?
    Diggle will be in the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You sure about that? You don't think it will be his love for his family, and possibly an impassioned speech by Lois, that snaps Clark out of whatever the Eradicator did to him?
    I certainly wouldn't bet money against something like that happening.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Diggle will be in the next episode.
    When lois said john i was thinking of steel(john henry irons).