Page 18 of 103 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I think you're being really unfair to Clark with this perspective. He clearly feels uncertain in dealing with his sons right now, and I think that's totally fair. It's actually quite interesting to see Superman being confronted by problems he can't punch, and having to deal with feeling unsure of his path forward is serving that purpose really well right now. He KNOWS he's struggling as a dad, but he doesn't know exactly how he should make it right, or even better.

As for what you seem to feel is so obvious, holding both boys out of school isn't ideal. And Jon has football, which is something that is important to him. I'm not sure you want to deny him that time for the history lesson when he can get that trip later at a more opportune moment. Put simply, Jordan just poses the more immediate need at the moment. So I don't think that's a valid argument at all.
    I do like the aspect of the show that parenthood is difficult for anyone - even Superman. And we'll just disagree about how "immediate" was Jordan's need to go to the Fortress. They could have found a time soon enough to take both sons there so that one didn't feel left out.(at the end of the last ep, they both said they had a million questions and it seemed to leave things on a good note, so it makes sense to give those answers together) And I agree the twins have a good relationship, but there's clearly tension that may be exacerbated by this uneven treatment, so I just hope they don't go that way with it when it seems, to me anyway, that was one thing they could have done to help avoid creating a rivalry.

Yes, Lois and Clark are not making perfect choices as far as their sons. But I think that is the point. Their live has been turned upside down and they are doing their best. They seem to know that they are doing it without a playbook (as referenced in the show itself). But they are doing it with the love and in the best interest of their family
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Wow! This show is quickly becoming my favorite comics based show right now.
    At some point I'm expecting Edge and Captain Luthor to form an alliance.
    Bomber that CL, lost his ship and suite in the same episode. But since Clarke never saw his face he can easily blend in Smallville.
    Rating 4/5.

So it seems like Morgan Edge will be Lois's nemesis and Captain Luthor Clark's. That flashback at the end though.....nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    So it seems like Morgan Edge will be Lois's nemesis and Captain Luthor Clark's. That flashback at the end though.....nice one!
    Now I'm hoping for an episode where C&L decide to switch for some strategic reason - see Clark show off his reporter skills and Lois show some of her army brat/wife of Superman skills.

Ultimate Member

I would rather both kids have powers, though not all of Clark's powers, like one has a couple of powers and the other son has a couple...otherwise the episodes write themselves about the non powered kid feeling weak until the powered son finds kryptonite or something like that...

I think I like jor- el but I’m already tired of Sam lane and how he feels about Superman. He needs to support Clark and stop using him as his personal lapdog. I’m not a big fan of people who have to push other people into doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I would rather both kids have powers, though not all of Clark's powers, like one has a couple of powers and the other son has a couple...otherwise the episodes write themselves about the non powered kid feeling weak until the powered son finds kryptonite or something like that...
    I’m still wondering if jonathon is going to snap or something.

I'm pretty sure both kids will develop powers, eventually.

Or, Jonathan is at least gonna develop into a non-powered superhero ala Guardian.

I kept thinking "Where have I seen the guy playing Jor-El from?" One Google search later, "ah, the protagonist of Saw III".

He's apparently been in a lot of stuff in both TV and Film, but that's the last time I saw him.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Well, finally watched the first episode. Happily, I really did rather enjoy it and it has plenty of potential but I do have two worries/ problems. First, while I love that this is telling the story of Clark and Lois as parents, there's only so much whiny teenage angst I can take. Jordan, in particular, may turn out to be a real problem. I did also find it rather silly, even for Superman, that they never knew their father was Superman.

My big problem, though, is that though I appreciate that it doesn't feel like just another Arrowverse show, I really hate the look of this show. The CG was solid and Supes' costume is a gigantic improvement but I really, really, really, really hate the sickly yellow/ puke green hue that smothers the entire show. It's not just that the show looks needlessly muted when Superman works best in full, vibrant colour but I've always hated this particular colour filter and it's even more egregious here. The whole thing just looks ugly. Fortunately, the muted/ ugly look doesn't represent the tone of the show as it still really does feel like Superman but... ugh.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

"Hologramps". That was hilarious.

Lois had some great moments this episode. Best writing she's ever done was her simply quitting. I look forward to seeing more of her vs. Morgan Edge.

Captain Luthor's backstory intrigues me. I'm hoping he has the signature Lex Luthor intelligence. Otherwise, it just seems like he's a typical soldier with a grudge born out of survivor's guilt. Maybe he was the one to trust and welcome his Superman, but then Superman turned on him and he feels responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I do like the aspect of the show that parenthood is difficult for anyone - even Superman. And we'll just disagree about how "immediate" was Jordan's need to go to the Fortress. They could have found a time soon enough to take both sons there so that one didn't feel left out.(at the end of the last ep, they both said they had a million questions and it seemed to leave things on a good note, so it makes sense to give those answers together) And I agree the twins have a good relationship, but there's clearly tension that may be exacerbated by this uneven treatment, so I just hope they don't go that way with it when it seems, to me anyway, that was one thing they could have done to help avoid creating a rivalry.
    Superman was giving me some Aang from Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra vibes. In the sense that Aang spent more time with Tenzin over his other children because he wanted to pass down the airbender heritage to his only airbender child. I think there was an immediacy for analyzing Jordan's physiology, though. If he can't control his ocular heat expulsion or whatever it's called, it isn't safe for him to be in school around so many kids.

I guess we're not going with the Johns thing where the glasses are partially to help rein in the Heat Vision. Will one of the Kent Boys start sporting glasses? Maybe if they actually become Superboy.

RIP Stranger's ship and suit. I guess at least Captain Luthor still has his AI?

Is Clark going into space and then falling going to be a once-an-episode thing?

I was actually wondering to myself if that scene outside a huge cave entrance in the flashback sequence was Clark proposing to Lois outside the Fortress, and it turns out it is. I did think it was a bit of a step down from the Supergirl Fortress where that was an actual Fortress, complete with Kelex, and had statues, trophies, etc., whereas this looks like a cave with a single room. Like, for all the budget that's the best they could come up with? They could've re-used the current Fortress set for that much. I mean, maybe it's just one room of the Fortress but it seems pretty low-scale compared to something that, honestly, Supergirl did pretty well.

I did think that Clark probably ran off and learned about his true Kryptonian heritage after Jonathan's funeral. That was my sense of how that happened.

Clark's relationship with this hologram Jor-El is such a 180 from Smallville. He firmly acknowledges Jor-El as his father and actually seems deferential to the hologram. I did get a bit of Bendis' Jor-El vibes with him being so giddy at the prospect of Jordan exhibiting his Kryptonian powers and the possibility that the House of El lineage truly continues.

You know Post-Crisis Morgan Edge is an even more evil businessman because he's British. He even looks like he has his own Mercy Graves with that lady in a bob.

Jon and Jordan face-palming at Lois pulling a Lois was priceless .

The Daily Planet looks so depressing. I mean, yeah, they're now owned by a possibly unscrupulous businessman, but it seems like all the good reporters (Perry, Clark, Lois, Cat, even Jimmy) are gone and its just a shell of itself .

Is Jimmy the only one who gets a signal watch? Like, wouldn't that be more covert than giving your kid what looks like a lighter?

So Captain Luthor was from a world where his Superman went evil, complete with the Elseworlds dark suit. I guess it goes to show how desperate the world was, and the kind of Luthor we're dealing with, that he was an on the ground grunt in the military instead of being, well, Lex Luthor.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Superman was giving me some Aang from Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra vibes. In the sense that Aang spent more time with Tenzin over his other children because he wanted to pass down the airbender heritage to his only airbender child. I think there was an immediacy for analyzing Jordan's physiology, though. If he can't control his ocular heat expulsion or whatever it's called, it isn't safe for him to be in school around so many kids.
    It obviously wasn't that immediate since we saw them all hanging out at the house the day after Jordan's incident. I understand not sending him to school, I still disagree with the decision to not include Jonathan in the trip to the Fortress to learn about their heritage. There wasn't even a line where Clark tells Jonathan he'll take him there later or whatever. Before the powers Jordan obviously had needs - it makes me think they have been overlooking Jonathan a lot since he appears fine and happy all the time. I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It obviously wasn't that immediate since we saw them all hanging out at the house the day after Jordan's incident. I understand not sending him to school, I still disagree with the decision to not include Jonathan in the trip to the Fortress to learn about their heritage. There wasn't even a line where Clark tells Jonathan he'll take him there later or whatever. Before the powers Jordan obviously had needs - it makes me think they have been overlooking Jonathan a lot since he appears fine and happy all the time. I guess we'll see.
    I agree with the bolded as well. At what point will Jon meet "Hologramps"? In his 30s? 40s? That time table would get sped up if he displays powers, but that's not exactly fair, having powers =/= meeting Jor-El at least once.