Page 74 of 103 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1544

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    I'm pretty sure the whole town will know the super secret by end of Season 3. Jordan and Sarah can't keep a secret AT ALL! Much faster than when the world learned Oliver Queen was Arrow.
    I think it SEEMS much faster, because there are fewer episodes. Tommy found out about Oliver 2/3 the way through the first season, Laurel by the end of season 2, Thea by the middle of season 3, etc. But those were long seasons. In comparison, I think the reveals of Clark's identity are happening slower than they did on Arrow. And if all of Smallville finds out Clark is Superman- eh, that's what? 100 people and some cows? It's not like the DOD will force him to reveal his identity in order to get them to protect the city, or like he'll do something incredibly stupid like sit down for an interview with Cat Grant....

The final fight scene was some corny goofy fun.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It kinda feels like they are intentionally sabotaging these shows to give them a reason to cancel them. "Whelp, viewership was down, so they had to go!" No kidding viewership is down, when you never know when a new episode is on.
    I thought it was common knowledge that the CW shows had a whole bunch of Covid delays and issues since most/(all) of them film in Canada. The shows still on in the summer have these delays because it is taking this long to get the shows ready to be broadcast.

I'm team Lana, so anything that involves her and makes her look good makes my day. Plus she get to play with super powers as a Bizarro - my 2nd fav character after Superman!

Never been a Lois Lane fan on any show, but I'm ok with her role on this show. I do like how the news boss lady puts her in her place. I mean, she is the boss, after all - if Lois wants to be the boss, she needs to run her own business. I do find it interesting that pretty much every version of Lois, she is "just" a reporter and always trying to be a step ahead of the boss, but NEVER actually wanting to BE the boss!
    The show definitely seems to be in a good place for people who are fans of Lana and not Lois, but I feel like that's pretty bad for a show where Lois is meant to be the female lead.

Why would she want to be an editor when her priority is being in the field as an investigative reporter?

Astonishing Member

Have to admit when Jon and Jordan's phones started acting up I was half expecting that Clark was going to become Electric Blue Superman. I mean totally depowered with no recharging happening was how it started in the comics.

And is it hoping too much that Clark might actually keep his powers (assuming they return) for all of Season 3. It's annoying how people seem to love writing Kryptonians losing their powers (or having the powers go haywire).

And have to agree with the others on the bad use of Lois. Is it that hard to have her investigative skills find useful information about Ally. Maybe some notes on the pendant left behind? Or someone who was there early on and didn't get sucked into the cult?

For a Superman and Lois show the writers really don't seem that interested in writing about either one of them.

Was also expecting Bizarro-Lana to crash the town meeting right after everyone started laughing about the doppelgangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post

And is it hoping too much that Clark might actually keep his powers (assuming they return) for all of Season 3. It's annoying how people seem to love writing Kryptonians losing their powers (or having the powers go haywire).
    It happens with every superpowered hero, not just Kryptonian ones. Barry lost his powers twice in The Flash. Thor's first movie had him spend almost half of it without his powers. Wonder Woman had this happen in 1984.

And have to agree with the others on the bad use of Lois. Is it that hard to have her investigative skills find useful information about Ally. Maybe some notes on the pendant left behind? Or someone who was there early on and didn't get sucked into the cult?
    She's the reason anyone even knows there was something shady about Ally to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - The shows focus on Smallville means that a world-ending threat is somehow more relevant to a small-town to the point of Superman showing up at a town hall than to the world at large. What about all the other people panicking?
    Yeah, that was just a bit off. I know the show can't really address the whole world and that most of the action will have to take place in and around Smallville, but it's beginning to stretch credibility - especially when this is clearly a worldwide crisis, and the townsfolk are getting on Lana's case, the mayor of Smallville, for not doing something about it. And with that evil politician guy, this is getting one step away from a Simpson's parody of a town.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I do not know how the season finale will go but WOW, this episode was just amazing!
    Jordan's secret is now officially out to Sara!!!

So much has already been unpacked. I'm just really curious to know what a repowered up Clark can do against Ally that he couldn't do the first time. Will his mom provide the deus ex machine to accomplish this?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So much has already been unpacked. I'm just really curious to know what a repowered up Clark can do against Ally that he couldn't do the first time. Will his mom provide the deus ex machine to accomplish this?
    I think mom will be how he gets his powers back quickly, but Natalie will pull a Wesley Crusher and save the day.

I think mom will be how he gets his powers back quickly, but Natalie will pull a Wesley Crusher and save the day.
    They could do the Superman II bit, where Laura can restore Clark's powers, but at the cost of herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She's the reason anyone even knows there was something shady about Ally to begin with.
    It feels like we've lost sight of that between characters lecturing Lois about journalism, the truth, or in focusing on Lana's emotional drama.

Astonishing Member

Tal is still out there. Might he join the fight? Also, I'm waiting for Evil Supes from John's universe to show up. How's this - he pops in - clobbers Ally , saves the day and decided to rule this Earth also.

I agree that the focus on Smallville is a touch silly. Clear there are no other heroes on this Earth. Kara, Flash - nope.

I can't stand Lois as a person. Just grates on me. I'd rather be with Lana.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Tal is still out there. Might he join the fight? Also, I'm waiting for Evil Supes from John's universe to show up. How's this - he pops in - clobbers Ally , saves the day and decided to rule this Earth also.

I agree that the focus on Smallville is a touch silly. Clear there are no other heroes on this Earth. Kara, Flash - nope.

I can't stand Lois as a person. Just grates on me. I'd rather be with Lana.
    To be honest Lana annoys me for how self-involved her stuff and her family life feel at times, especially disconnected from the actual main characters.

I like the townspeople just laughing at Lana. Some things are just too ridiculous to believe. Great job with Superman coming through.

Jordan and Natalie teaming up was really cool. I have to wonder what the future holds for Jordan as some kind of hero. If there is a future, that is. Those are some freaky crisis-like effects going on.

I hope Jordan and Sara have some time to talk about things. Her knowing his secret should actually make things harder for them.

- Jon and Lois really have nothing to do or contribute to the plot at this point. They're reduced to nothing but bystanders whenever anything serious happens. How many times has Lois screamed at this point?

- Gone is Lois Lane, ace investigative reporter and strong wife, mother, and certified awesome lady...instead we get Lois as a supporting character to Lana and who constantly needs to be lectured on journalism by Chrissy, and gets judged by the other women in her life and just in general doesn't feel like the female lead any more.
    They had more stuff to do earlier in the season. Jon had that thing with his girlfriend. I think having family drama between Lois with Sam and Lucy was good stuff, but even that has fallen by the wayside by this point.

- Ally is still a massively underdeveloped villain.
    Her manipulation of Lucy worked for me.

- Has Clark had any character development this season? Other than not knowing what to do about Jon, but that still hasn't gone anyhwere.
    Superman had to deal with Anderson and an imitation Superman squad, there's everything with Tal and realizing he might be able to redeem his brother, and then dealing with Lana knowing his identity. I think he's in a different place now than he was in season one.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    And if all of Smallville finds out Clark is Superman- eh, that's what? 100 people and some cows?
    Cows? Like that mind-reading donkey from Adventures of Superman? One of the very few beings to find out that Clark is Superman on that show.

Astonishing Member

Just a thought, doesn't DOD have some supes around and the Gold K inhalers? Should be enough to negate the Bizarros.

Diggle supposed to be on next and explain where the Flash and Kara are or are not. He's not a GL but I havent' followed the Flash show on that issue.