Page 13 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

This creative team clearly gets Superman.

I saw it and thought it was pretty fun.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Great season premiere. Can't decide on whose the biggest threat to Clark and his family. The exo-suit attacker, Morgan Edge, or Lana's husband?
    The farming economy

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Great season premiere. Can't decide on whose the biggest threat to Clark and his family. The exo-suit attacker, Morgan Edge, or Lana's husband?
    not sure that Kyle is any kind of threat. He's a resentful townie who has no clue about the deeper threat that Edge represents (Edge doesn't have orange hair here, does he? Never mind..), but he's otherwise harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    not sure that Kyle is any kind of threat. He's a resentful townie who has no clue about the deeper threat that Edge represents (Edge doesn't have orange hair here, does he? Never mind..), but he's otherwise harmless.
    Edge is an actual successful businessman. Evil yes, but successful.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

This Captain Luthor is clearly not Cryer's Luthor. Curious who he is...

Eh, it was okay. I'm still upset that WB/AT&T don't view Superman as a viable film star any more, and this show clearly doesn't make up for that - and I'll never be fond of the family man take on Superman that is strangely being pushed so much these days. But, it was an okay pilot episode. Very pretty and cinematic. Could use more exciting music during the action bits though.

Was the guy who introduced Clark to Lois supposed to be Perry White? It would've been nice to see a young Jimmy.

Supergirl actually mentioned how Clark started out with the trunks costume, so that was nice to see as his original suit. Anyone who doesn't care for "my mom made it for me" will probably be happy that he eventually moved on to a costume he probably made himself from Krypton material. Is the suit repurposed from Routh's Kingdom Come suit?

It's so weird seeing a General Lane who isn't a raging hardcase towards aliens and actually seems to like Clark well enough. And his biggest issue with Lois is the idea that Clark can have a normal life instead of being Superman instead of, well, all the usual issues Lois has with her dad.

What a one-two punch from losing your job and losing your mom to quick succession. It's not easy being Clark .

Jon and Jordan feel like they split Jon from the comics into two characters. Jon has the bright optimism and swagger of comic Jon while Jordan has the self-doubt and emotional instability with the powers. And, of course, Jordan is the one who gets his powers first, which begs the question of what they're going to do with Jon since he's the comic Superboy and will inevitably get powers too.

Injustice II suddenly makes so much sense in a Post-Crisis Earth. Like, I think all of the roster save for Black Adam are actual established heroes or characters on Earth-Prime or have been referenced.

Kyle doesn't seem like a bad guy, just...that kind of guy. You know the one.

In hindsight, keeping Clark's rocket under a barn seems a little...ill-advised. Like, shouldn't they have taken it back to the Fortress or something? I get the sentimental value, but still. If two kids could find it, anyone could. And what's with that crystal? Is that supposed to be one of the data crystals that taught young Clark about Krypton?

I like that, for all their issues, Jon went all the way to the party to make sure his brother was okay. For all their bickering, the brothers really do love and support each other .

I totally thought the Heat Vision was going to happen when Jordan kissed Sarah, like how Clark's activated when he kissed Lana in Secret Origin. Probably for the best it happened how it did.

Doomguy turns out to apparently be an AU version of Lex Luthor, so basically Jon Cryer if he were more black, British, and colder, who has his own starship he's the captain of. Was he like the Ahab to his Earth's Superman's white whale? Did he actually kill his Superman? I'm just trying to figure out where the appeal is in having Superman fight a version of his nemesis from another Earth instead of his actual Luthor, although the latter's still busy fighting his cousin.

I feel like Jon has more reason to not want to move to Smallville because of his football career and girlfriend, but couldn't Clark hypothetically fly him to school on mornings?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jon and Jordan feel like they split Jon from the comics into two characters. Jon has the bright optimism and swagger of comic Jon while Jordan has the self-doubt and emotional instability with the powers. And, of course, Jordan is the one who gets his powers first, which begs the question of what they're going to do with Jon since he's the comic Superboy and will inevitably get powers too.
    Yeah they are composite character with Jon getting the personality and Jordan getting the look and the powers. But for all intents purpose Jordan will end up being comic book "Jon". Where I think you are wrong is that Jon is probably never going to get powers and we have to be on death alert for him the entire show because he is character most likely to die heroically imo( not any time soon tho)

As for the show itself it seem pretty solid but fear for this show is what happens when it relaxes a bit that is when you can really judge it but so far so good.

Enjoyed the first episode, glad they gave us a quick recap of Superman's life so far.
    Wonder where this fits in with Supergirl's timeline?

So is this not in continuity with Supergirl and other CW shows? Cause that Luthor is well not John Cryer. Does seem like he's from the future and maybe came back just before earth was destroyed. So maybe this Luthor is a far descendent of Supergirls Lex. Just hope that in this far future if that's the case, Jordan didn't go all Injustice lol. Hope upgrades to the armor look less Master Chef more Luthor exosuit.

Edit: Saw a post a couple above suggest he's another earths Luthor. That makes sense, is any of this confirmed or just guesses? I stopped watching CW shows awhile back. Came back for Arrow final season but didn't stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was the guy who introduced Clark to Lois supposed to be Perry White? It would've been nice to see a young Jimmy.

Supergirl actually mentioned how Clark started out with the trunks costume, so that was nice to see as his original suit. Anyone who doesn't care for "my mom made it for me" will probably be happy that he eventually moved on to a costume he probably made himself from Krypton material. Is the suit repurposed from Routh's Kingdom Come suit?

It's so weird seeing a General Lane who isn't a raging hardcase towards aliens and actually seems to like Clark well enough. And his biggest issue with Lois is the idea that Clark can have a normal life instead of being Superman instead of, well, all the usual issues Lois has with her dad.

What a one-two punch from losing your job and losing your mom to quick succession. It's not easy being Clark .

Injustice II suddenly makes so much sense in a Post-Crisis Earth. Like, I think all of the roster save for Black Adam are actual established heroes or characters on Earth-Prime or have been referenced.

Kyle doesn't seem like a bad guy, just...that kind of guy. You know the one.

In hindsight, keeping Clark's rocket under a barn seems a little...ill-advised. Like, shouldn't they have taken it back to the Fortress or something? I get the sentimental value, but still. If two kids could find it, anyone could. And what's with that crystal? Is that supposed to be one of the data crystals that taught young Clark about Krypton?

I like that, for all their issues, Jon went all the way to the party to make sure his brother was okay. For all their bickering, the brothers really do love and support each other .

I totally thought the Heat Vision was going to happen when Jordan kissed Sarah, like how Clark's activated when he kissed Lana in Secret Origin. Probably for the best it happened how it did.

Doomguy turns out to apparently be an AU version of Lex Luthor, so basically Jon Cryer if he were more black, British, and colder, who has his own starship he's the captain of. Was he like the Ahab to his Earth's Superman's white whale? Did he actually kill his Superman? I'm just trying to figure out where the appeal is in having Superman fight a version of his nemesis from another Earth instead of his actual Luthor, although the latter's still busy fighting his cousin.

I feel like Jon has more reason to not want to move to Smallville because of his football career and girlfriend, but couldn't Clark hypothetically fly him to school on mornings?
    I thought the kid who Superman saved and gave his hat back too In the OG suit was gonna end up being Jimmy. Guess not lol.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    This Captain Luthor is clearly not Cryer's Luthor. Curious who he is...

Eh, it was okay. I'm still upset that WB/AT&T don't view Superman as a viable film star any more, and this show clearly doesn't make up for that - and I'll never be fond of the family man take on Superman that is strangely being pushed so much these days. But, it was an okay pilot episode. Very pretty and cinematic. Could use more exciting music during the action bits though.
    I hear you about Clark's demotion, but 1) this is a story that almost certainly would never have been in a movie and 2) this show looks pretty damn good.

One thing did annoy me, though: I'm tired of a character making a hissy fit over not being told someone is a superhero. Doesn't anybody ever put themselves in the other's shoes just once in these situations?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I saw the show as taking place on another Earth or 15 or so years after their appearances on Supergirl. The former is probably more likely but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I saw the show as taking place on another Earth or 15 or so years after their appearances on Supergirl. The former is probably more likely but I could be wrong.
    Diggle is showing up so it is the same earth as everyone in the arrowverse

I said this on another board but I find it funny that the twins are basically Sam and Dean Winchester.