Page 38 of 103 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I truly enjoy the show. I do have a slight problem with rest of the Arrowverse not being involved. Certainly, Kara and J'onn have abilities that would be useful. The Flash has some and Constantine might have a magical take on a runaway Clark. Problem is that the Flash team has become mired in ridiculous new Forces - the Dental Force, the Fatso Force, whatever. Kara's world has zillions of aliens all over the place. What about the Kryptonians in space? Plenty of those folks to fight edge.

Thus, separating the show from all the Arrowverse makes dramatic sense even if it offends continuity. Wish Diggle had gone GL though.
    I understand what you are saying, and in a perfect world we'd see these other characters. But we all need to realize there is still a pandemic going on, and all of these shows are having to isolate themselves while filming. It makes crossovers incredibly difficult to do, and so they didn't do them this year (though they really should have included that picture of Kara, if nothing else).

This is also the same argument I've heard since Thor: The Dark World, when people were asking why Thor didn't call the rest of the Avengers in to help with a potentially world-ending threat. That works in a comic; it's unfeasible in film. If they could do that, then Oliver could have contacted Kara to help rescue everyone off of Lian Yu at the end of Season 5, or contacted Barry to help him take down Diaz during Season 6. With contracts, with budgets, with schedules- it just won't happen.

All that said, I know they are working on a crossover of sorts for the beginning of The Flash next season. So hopefully with the easing of Covid restrictions (and if there aren't any more major spikes), integrating Superman and Lois more into the Arrowverse at large should be easier.

Personally, I'm fine with not involving other heroes of the CWverse, (although Flash's "appearance" on Black Lightning was appreciated and kinda funny for how quick it was) but for Superman in particular it always takes me out of it a little when Kara isn't even mentioned when they're talking about Kryptonians on earth. Even on Supergirl, they'd find ways of mentioning why Clark wasn't available sometimes, or about Lex's obsession with "Kryptonians" plural. Little things like that just help keep things consistent.

That Supreman + Steel fist-bump .

Superman being the better man and not crushing Edge's dad crystal like Edge crushed Jor-El. But wait, Edge had Lara's crystal? He just never used it? Is it still around ?

So...there was no grand plan to Leslie Larr making an obvious attack to free Edge and getting herself caught? That was their contingency plan? It's not like Edge freed her when he got loose. Although it's too late to save the human in the body she's in, which is a bit of a bummer.

I guess I understand the town wanting to know what was really going on, but considering how they all turned on the Cushing's and how complicated it is, do they really need to know everything? But I guess I don't know everything.

Poor Lois realizing she's no longer a paragon of truth when she has grown accustomed to lying and covering stuff up to protect her family. I don't think that's wrong, but I guess it makes being a journalist harder. Even Clark admits they've played fast and loose with their journalistic integrity because of him being Superman.

I have to admit I never though I would see Superman having to advocate to Sam Lane why they would need a bunch of Kryptonite contingencies in case they need to take down Superman. Like, for once Sam was going to get rid of it all willingly, and they have a lot of Kryptonite, and then Clark pulls a 180. I get it, but I also felt some whiplash.

Both Kent boys skip school to hang out with girls, although Jordan's was decidedly more romantic than Jon's was...up until he and Sarah got arrested for skipping school. I'm kind of surprised that actually happened since it seems like kids never get caught playing hooky on these shows, and you'd expect that would happen to Jon of anyone at this point.

Poor John Henry Irons thought he was done trying to kill Superman, but was now given the job of having to kill Superman if he has to. It's basically like when Superman gives Batman the Kryptonite he always uses.

I guess for a man so used to controlling himself, feeling free for once, even if by manipulation, could be kind of cathartic.

I feel really bad for the Cushing's. They don't deserve this. And Kyle is so done that he's ready to move and leave it all behind, which might endanger Sarah and Jordan's relationship. I want to see Lana run for mayor and beat that guy though .

So the plan was always for Edge to become the Eradicator and erase his humanity? He seemed hesitant to go along with that plan and wanted to bring Clark in earlier, but what happened?

The cell was designed to hold Kryptonians, but not the Eradicator. And I'm guessing that absorption of the sun is going to complete his transformation into Eradicator, complete with the glowing eyes that will presumably be covered by a visor.

Astonishing Member

Well, as long as they don't pop back Ollie-Spectre to kick everyone's butt, I'm ok with minimal crossovers from Kara-verse - which I currently regard as ridiculous when the show went for Grand Central Station of Aliens arriving everyday, full of powers and chowing down at the local bars.

I think if the Guardian showed up, I would have to cry and watch HGTV.

I still enjoy this season, but I hope next one won't have another evil Kryptonian as the Big Bad. We've had way too many by now in the Arrowverse

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I still enjoy this season, but I hope next one won't have another evil Kryptonian as the Big Bad. We've had way too many by now in the Arrowverse
    Yeah, I think they went all out on evil Kryptonians here so they won't have to do it again.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Another solid episode yet again. So Edge is going to become the Eradicator....good, that character hasn't really had a good outing.

So last week Clark was able to overcome the possession by Zod, using the Eradicator device. Zod's essences is still....out there? I don't for a moment believe he's gone. They are waiting for later to use him. A Superman show without Zod would be like a Flash show without Zoom or Reverse Flash. Each show needs to do it's take but I am glad to wait on Zod.

Loved Lana dropping some truth on the back stabbing Mayor. Only wish more had been able to over hear her give him the what for!!

The realization by Jonathan to realize he was being played. Way to think with the right head there young fellow. Meanwhile Jordan is also getting into trouble, more teen style.

Are there only 2 or 3 more episodes left for the season? That's going to place Superman&Lois ending about the time Supergirls final season resumes...right? We will not be without our Kryptonians for long cause then when Supergirl ends, Superman and Lois will be about to resume with Season 2!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

In general, I've been really impressed with this show and I really appreciate that this is so much more a family drama than a CW superhero show. All the conflicts and developments seem a lot more grounded and realistic and I liked having all those talking scenes of the various characters just dealing with the fallout. But we still got to have an exciting showdown with Clark and John taking down the bad guy.

Astonishing Member

I would agree that after this season or maybe a couple of episodes next season, we put more Kryptonians to rest. Flash became swamped with speedsters ruining the unique nature of the Flash. Also, no more - OMG, he lost his powers. Will he ever get them back? I wonder!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have to admit I never though I would see Superman having to advocate to Sam Lane why they would need a bunch of Kryptonite contingencies in case they need to take down Superman. Like, for once Sam was going to get rid of it all willingly, and they have a lot of Kryptonite, and then Clark pulls a 180. I get it, but I also felt some whiplash.

Both Kent boys skip school to hang out with girls, although Jordan's was decidedly more romantic than Jon's was...up until he and Sarah got arrested for skipping school. I'm kind of surprised that actually happened since it seems like kids never get caught playing hooky on these shows, and you'd expect that would happen to Jon of anyone at this point.
    It's especially funny considering that in his first appearance on Supergirl, one of the plot threads was Clark and J'onn repairing their relationship by J'onn willingly giving him all of the DEO's Kryptonite to presumably dispose of, because Clark wasn't comfortable with the government having Kryptonite that could be used against him. And I'd love to hear this conversation with Kara, considering her feelings on the subject...

Maybe I'm just sheltered because I never skipped school.... can you be arrested for skipping? I mean, grounded for sure, but arrested?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Maybe I'm just sheltered because I never skipped school.... can you be arrested for skipping? I mean, grounded for sure, but arrested?
    They were arrested for trespassing on private property, not skipping class.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    In general, I've been really impressed with this show and I really appreciate that this is so much more a family drama than a CW superhero show. All the conflicts and developments seem a lot more grounded and realistic and I liked having all those talking scenes of the various characters just dealing with the fallout. But we still got to have an exciting showdown with Clark and John taking down the bad guy.
    I feel like this show is handling its family drama better than any Arrowverse show. Even compared to Black Lightning in it's later seasons.
    That makes more sense. I only figured it was for skipping because it seemed like the police were looking for them.

Okay, that makes more sense to me.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

It would be cool to see more villains from the comics that have not got many live action appearances so far. Conduit, Barrage, Baud, Blackrock, red cloud and so on

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    It would be cool to see more villains from the comics that have not got many live action appearances so far. Conduit, Barrage, Baud, Blackrock, red cloud and so on
    Hey, if Ezra Miller can show up, maybe Idris Elba will show up to put a K bullet in Superman.