Page 83 of 104 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1549

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    You’re definitely seeing something I missed.

All I saw was them waking up together in bed, then Chrissy quickly jumping out the bed and grabbing her clothes and saying we can’t do this anymore and just one time thing and forget it ever happened.

Kyle just laid there and casually said “ok”.

There was more interaction beyond that?
    The Exchange happened at the crime scene with the former Mayor's body. Beppo and Kyle were talking about the Mayor and the age thing came up there. I clocked it as well, though it surprised me as they don't seem so differently aged. (but as I mentioned, Kyle's actor is 12 yrs her senior - which to me, isn't a big deal for people in their 30s - 40s and onwards)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The Exchange happened at the crime scene with the former Mayor's body. Beppo and Kyle were talking about the Mayor and the age thing came up there. I clocked it as well, though it surprised me as they don't seem so differently aged. (but as I mentioned, Kyle's actor is 12 yrs her senior - which to me, isn't a big deal for people in their 30s - 40s and onwards)
    Chrissy always struck me as younger than the core adult cast (though not by that much).

I could actually see her being the same age as Jimmy in this universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Chrissy always struck me as younger than the core adult cast (though not by that much).

I could actually see her being the same age as Jimmy in this universe.
    Have we ever seen this universe's Jimmy, or are we still going with the guy from Supergirl?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Have we ever seen this universe's Jimmy, or are we still going with the guy from Supergirl?
    It's not set in the same Earth as Supergirl and Lex is completely different, so there's a chance Jimmy would be too. I think they mentioned him in the season 2 flashback episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's not set in the same Earth as Supergirl and Lex is completely different, so there's a chance Jimmy would be too. I think they mentioned him in the season 2 flashback episode.
    We already know who the new Lex is? (Note I missed the first episode this season.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    We already know who the new Lex is? (Note I missed the first episode this season.)
    He hasn't shown up yet, but Lex is being played by Michael Cudlitz.

I want to see more of Jordan and Sarah being friends and less awkwardness. I think during that party scene, she was kind of a bad influence on him, though.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    9. "You're much stronger than you think you are".

One of the best Superman lines / scenes ever ( from All-Star Superman) and they give it to Lois.

Normally I'd be very annoyed with yet another Clark gem being given to another character (glares at the late Supergirl show stealing the "For The Man Who Has Everything" storyline), but it worked in this particular case.
    I was actually worried Superman was going to come into that scene and say the line. In that moment, it had to be Lois to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I can believe that Bruno believes his BS in a "everyone thinks they are the hero" kind of way. He definitely has an inferiority complex when it comes to Superman. I wan to say from what we've seen, he's one of those mobsters where everyone knows he's a crime lord but no one could actually prove it kind of way. The Suicide Slums seem to be stuck in that place where their choices are between a crime lord that takes advantage of them and a police department that doesn't seem to care. While Superman can't solve every problem everywhere, I can imagine someone from the Suicide Slums thinking "I live in METROPILIS, not Gotham, how do we have Superman at our doorstep but he ignores us?!"
    I liked Mannheim and his speech with Superman. He needs to be taken down, and it won't be in a traditional Superman beats him up way.

Extraordinary Member

Interview with Michael Bishop - the new Jon Kent and almost missing his first day.

https://ew.com/tv/michael-bishop-on-...jonathan-kent/

Mighty Member

Another great episode. Really loved those kryptonite glove weapons that Bruno thug was wearing.

Ah, so the footage of Lois in a destroyed Metropolis was basically just a nightmare Clark is having because he feels like there's nothing he can do for Lois with her cancer so he visualizes it at being unable to save the city or her during a disaster. It was kind of surreal seeing the Daily Planet building again considering how little relevant to the show it's been. Who even owns the thing, now?

I get Lois telling Chrissy, the Irons, and Lana...but it felt weird having Kyle and Sarah there too. I did appreciate that they got Jenna Dewan back for Lucy's voice cameo. But Sam being so utterly crushed hurt to watch.

Well, yeah, if Clark had Kryptonian tech that could cure cancer, he probably would have given it to the world by now.

Dang, Lana being pretty straight with Kyle not warranting being part of her home security system. Even John Henry was like "I feel for her, but she's not my wife" to Lois' cancer which felt oddly blase but I guess we found out later it was him trying to hide his own feelings about it.

To the surprise of no one Lois is prioritizing her work over getting her chemo treatment. It's like Jane Foster Thor from the comics except more people call her out for it.

It feels weird to see Sarah judging Jon for a (forced) kiss from another girl considering her situation at the beginning of season 2. I guess she did eventually come clean about it which he didn't, but her kiss was more mutual than Jon's was. Although I guess going to a party where your ex-girlfriend invited you to while not telling your current girlfriend is pretty skeevy.

It was nice to see Candice working honestly at the diner (even if she still finds time to make out with her boyfriend while on the clock) though her dad is pretty much your stereotypical drunk redneck dad...and falls prey to all the stereotypes. I mean, drug dealing daughter with a dad like that? This family can't help themselves. I think Jon could do better.

Kyle just can't win with Lana. I mean, it's his own fault and I think he was kind of jealous, but still.

I wonder how long Clark would've waited before going to Nepal. Like I feel like his own conscience wouldn't allow him to straight up abandon people even for Lois' sake, but would have have stayed behind longer before Lois told him to go?

You know these two women really couldn't have at least texted Clark where they would be or John Henry? Was there no signal in the warehouse? I get that they would find a way to block any signal to Superman, but...

Dang, Sarah calls Lana out for being a drama queen that makes everything about her! Shots fired! And then Lana outright slaps her! Jeez. Seems like Lana has a lot of trauma over being like her mom (and I think Kyle mentioned before in season 1 how overbearing she was). I'm not surprised Sarah ran away though.

Some teen vigilante business! I'm glad Jon took out at least one guy, but will Jordan ever get a costume?

Those Kryptonite Gauntlets were cool but Superman was rendered useless just so Steel could have something to do.

Seems like Kyle and Chrissy is actually happening if only because the two of them seem to see each other as a great way to de-stress, and Kyle opened up to Chrissy about what he went through with his dads' liver cancer.

I get that Lois doesn't want to come off as fragile. And I get that having to undergo chemotherapy instead of doing something else is absolutely terrifying. But she can't keep avoiding taking care of herself and her family wants to be there for her and take care of her. And she'll only be able to get through this with them. But I'm glad Kyle prioritized being there for Sarah. Beyond everything else, he's a good dad.

So are they giving people Superman's blood to functionally make them Kryptonian or immortal? Though it seems like Miller is on his last life. This show will continue to find creative ways to give people Superman's powers.

Thoughts on #SupermanAndLois S3E03 "In Cold Blood". Spoilers follow ...

1. Crazy nightmare sequence to start off the episode.

Definite homage to Action Comics #700 with the violent destruction of Metropolis and the Daily Planet globe crashing down to the ground.

2. Lois going around with Clark to the rest of the cast in separate meetings (Lucy over the phone, the Irons, the Langs, Sam, Beppo) felt true to life.

Those seeking escapism with this show aren't going to find it with heavy scenes like that.

3. Are we going to have to keep track of Jonathan's new girlfriend's clearly skeevy dad now?

Unless he turns out to secretly be this show's version of some classic Superman Rogue like Metallo or someone, I'm really not feeling this arc for Jonathan. Candace sucks. Can't he date someone without terrible family baggage?

4. Lois missing her first chemo was totally in character and everyone was right to call her out on that.

Her skipping the SECOND time after giving her word to Clark was a lot more selfish and messed up. Glad Beppo smacked her with the truth while they were both trapped in the freezer.

5. Kyle getting jealous of John Henry Irons (or anyone else getting close to Lana) was inevitable.

But if they're following the comix, this ain't a fight he's going to win.

6. The most unbelievable thing about John Henry continues to be how perfectly normal he constantly acts around the doppelganger of his murdered wife.

About time he showed some emotion with Nat naively wanting to just give away his wife's watch.

7. Lana went Will Smith on Sarah.

You could feel the windup coming as Sarah kept mouthing off to her mom and finally crossed the line with that crack about Kyle's infidelity.

8. Worth noting this 40something Supes follows the comix in that the older he gets under a yellow sun, the less effective Kryptonite is on him.

Great save by Steel with the hammer, tho. Give that man his red cape, hexagonal S-emblem, and better helmet already.

9. The kids' misadventure getting Jonathan's truck back was fun.

Low stakes (aside from the risk to Jonathan) but showed they could be competent at smaller-scale crime-fighting.

10. So Intergang has Clark's blood in their labs.

Hope they can at least be creative with what they do with it, and not devolve into Early Smallville's disposable Meteorite Freak of the Week problem.

Bottom line: This season is going to be a slow burn. Plenty of drama and setup, but not a lot of meaningful action. But I think the season will ramp it up sooner rather than later. Because Lex Luthor is coming.

Grade: B.

Honestly, maybe Jon would've been better off with Eliza than Candice.

Also, whatever happened to Tegan Wickhem?

Watching this right after The Flash. From the ridiculous to the sublime.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Are we headed towards a dilemma where Bruno will hold a possible cure for Lois in his hands?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Are we headed towards a dilemma where Bruno will hold a possible cure for Lois in his hands?
    I could definitely see them considering whether giving her whatever they're cooking up with Clark's blood as a means of curing/saving Lois.

Hopefully they don't end up doing that and giving her powers.