Page 94 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1549
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I like how indignant he was that Matteo would even ask if he or Peia had killed anyone before lol He was legitimately offended.
    I imagine how he really wanted to answer was something like "How dare you not believe the lies I've been feeding you since the moment you could understand human language even though I was about to kill your girlfriend's dad who was clearly in your line of sight?"

I'll be honest, that really pissed me off. Like, despite whatever, I imagine he was trying to raise his kid the best he could, so did he really think he would buy such a blatant deflection?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I imagine how he really wanted to answer was something like "How dare you not believe the lies I've been feeding you since the moment you could understand human language even though I was about to kill your girlfriend's dad who was clearly in your line of sight?"

I'll be honest, that really pissed me off. Like, despite whatever, I imagine he was trying to raise his kid the best he could, so did he really think he would buy such a blatant deflection?
    I think it was more like Bruno's been self-justifying all his crimes and murders for the sake of his family and the community that he couldn't believe his own son would challenge him on it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I like how indignant he was that Matteo would even ask if he or Peia had killed anyone before lol He was legitimately offended.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I like that he also didn't answer the question and Matteo didn't notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess part of it is just that he feels everything he and Peia did, all the people they killed, was justified for the sake of saving her and, in his mind, Hobb's Bay and he won't broker any criticism on it. Even from his own son.
    Ironically, come to think of it, that's something he and Lex Luthor have in common --- they both believe they're doing what's best and won't countenance being challenged or called out on their methods of doing it, no matter how heinous those methods are. Lex may be more grandiose about it, believing he's the savior of humanity as a whole, while Mannheim is just looking out for his immediate family and community and believes himself to be their savior and protector, but it does stem from the same complex of refusing to acknowledge any wrongs beyond, "I did what I had to do, and damn any self-righteous busybodies who say I'm the bad guy for it."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ironically, come to think of it, that's something he and Lex Luthor have in common --- they both believe they're doing what's best and won't countenance being challenged or called out on their methods of doing it, no matter how heinous those methods are. Lex may be more grandiose about it, believing he's the savior of humanity as a whole, while Mannheim is just looking out for his immediate family and community and believes himself to be their savior and protector, but it does stem from the same complex of refusing to acknowledge any wrongs beyond, "I did what I had to do, and damn any self-righteous busybodies who say I'm the bad guy for it."
    Kingpin from the DD show also falls into that category.

Kingpin from the DD show also falls into that category.
    Indeed. A lot of crime bosses, at least in fiction, seem to believe themselves protectors and providers for their communities rather than predators taking advantage of those communities for their own profit and power.

Indeed. A lot of crime bosses, at least in fiction, seem to believe themselves protectors and providers for their communities rather than predators taking advantage of those communities for their own profit and power.
    Real Life too

I definitely felt bad for John Henry, but I do think he went too far. Out of everyone involved in the Irons/Mannheim feud, I think I feel worst for Matteo. He had no idea what was going on.

Lois' plot really stole the show for me. Great use of flashbacks. It seemed like it was going to be an important event in the life of Clark and Lois as symbolized by the dress, but then it turned out there was a reason Lois was never going to wear that dress again.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I never expected to see a conversation like the one Lois and Lana had in a Superman show. Or any superhero show. Great job on the writers, director and actors.
    That was also very well done. Two very human characters talking about their concerns and vulnerabilities. A great example of feminism done right in a superhero show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Real Life too

Thanks for the reminder. Granted, no one likes to think of themselves as the villain of the story, even if their actions say otherwise . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I definitely felt bad for John Henry, but I do think he went too far. Out of everyone involved in the Irons/Mannheim feud, I think I feel worst for Matteo. He had no idea what was going on.

Lois' plot really stole the show for me. Great use of flashbacks. It seemed like it was going to be an important event in the life of Clark and Lois as symbolized by the dress, but then it turned out there was a reason Lois was never going to wear that dress again.

That was also very well done. Two very human characters talking about their concerns and vulnerabilities. A great example of feminism done right in a superhero show.
    Cosigned, especially on Matteo. Like I said before, his own father was willing to scar him for life by executing a man in front of him, when he just wanted to introduce his parents to a girl he had genuinely come to love.

Cosigned, especially on Matteo. Like I said before, his own father was willing to scar him for life by executing a man in front of him, when he just wanted to introduce his parents to a girl he had genuinely come to love.
    That part was just handled ... not the best, imo. John Henry clearly wasn't making a move on him, but Bruno's whole "I said I'd kill you the next time I see you" was kinda ridiculous as the reason he was going to execute him in the restaurant. It literally went from 0 - 100 for no reason.

That part was just handled ... not the best, imo. John Henry clearly wasn't making a move on him, but Bruno's whole "I said I'd kill you the next time I see you" was kinda ridiculous as the reason he was going to execute him in the restaurant. It literally went from 0 - 100 for no reason.
    I feel like they'd gotten the audience to sympathize so much with Bruno and like him that they needed to have him do something excessive to remind people he's really a bad guy (in case you forgot about him threatening a judge, trying to blow up JHI sister, or the human experimentation).

Mighty Member

Thinking that's one secret Kyle may not be able to keep to himself.

I feel like they'd gotten the audience to sympathize so much with Bruno and like him that they needed to have him do something excessive to remind people he's really a bad guy (in case you forgot about him threatening a judge, trying to blow up JHI sister, or the human experimentation).
    For sure. But that's why it felt contrived to me. They had been doing a better job of exploring both sides of him more organically prior to that scene.

It's great to see Lois finally finish her Chemo with her family by her side. It really feels like she's achieved a milestone and is ready to face things head-on again.

Does anyone care about Lana's political aspirations?

Kyle suffering from being the only one not in the know when practically everyone in his life is hiding stuff from him (his girlfriend, his ex-wife, his daughter, his...I dunno, could we call Clark a friend?). I guess it was going to blow up eventually when Clark just didn't have the time or the convenience to keep it from him.

Classic Lana to immediately think Chrissy is coming to complain to her about Kyle and ignore her when it's something far more important.

Congrats Bruno! You just made your son an accomplice to your crimes!

Quite the moral conundrum. Lex Luthor is likely far worse than the Manheims, but does that make it okay to imprison him on false charges? Even if the world is safer with him in prison? Not that the Manheims don't deserve to face justice. I guess at the end of the day doing the right thing isn't always the easiest thing.

I didn't need them to bring up the Sarah and Jordan relationship drama. It's like these two just can't pick a lane with each other. Now they outright seem to dislike each other and are bitter over their former romance.

Candice can relate to Kyle in terms of having a loved one obviously keeping secrets from her.

I knew going to a kegger wouldn't end well. That was a pretty thorough underage drinking raid. Who sold them out? Unless they knew the Senior kegger party was such a common thing that they planned to bust it this year.

Not that I support underage drinking, but wouldn't Jordan's metabolism prevent the alcohol from effecting him?

This is George Jr.'s second underage drinking arrest? He looks older than 20!

It's cool to run from the cops up until you nearly die and end up with a DUI. Sarah's not going to live that one down for a while. She's lucky she's not spending the night in jail.

Single moms got to stick together. Unless they're not "proper" single moms I guess.

Man, Jon has really mastered defeating his dad in conversations. Poor Clark has to deal with the fact that he's missed so much time with the boys and he can't conveniently expect them to make time for him when he wants it.

It's funny how Kyle thinks Jon is the one with powers. If only!

Peia revealing her true colors the moment she's cured. All she cares about is herself and her family at the end of the day, and had no intention of making things right. I'm fully expecting that the "cure" has it's fair share of complications though because there's no way they have a clean cure for cancer.

Well, at least Clark has learned to see through Onomatopoeia throwing him off with different sounds, even if he still can't catch her.

With three episodes left...well, I guess next episode they stop Peia, then they stop Bruno in the second-to-last episode, and then in the finale Lex is free and they leave off on a cliffhanger of him showing up in Smallville for revenge.

Classic Lana to immediately think Chrissy is coming to complain to her about Kyle and ignore her when it's something far more important.
    Being fair, Chrissy should have lead with "Kyle is on to the Kents' secret".

I meant to make this comment about last week's ep with John Henry's weapon, but it's interesting how "zap sticks" have come into such favor the past several years. (Titans, Loki, Star Wars, Black Widow, Werewolf By Night, etc) Makes sense - they're bloodless PG weapons that can deal a lot of non-distinct damage (Loki aside) and still allows for exciting fight choreography.