Page 86 of 104 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1549

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I agree Clark should've at least pretended to be a little phased by that punch, but I'm glad we're not doing the "that big guy who's clearly physically large and muscular is a weakling" schtick. At least Clark didn't slide him over the counter and into a pinball machine.
    Or set him on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The guy stole his son's truck, punched him when he called him out on it and threatened Lois with a gun.

If no one has noticed that Clark looks exactly like Superman, they are not going to put two and two together because he manhandled a drunken idiot in a fight.
    Clark is a farmer. It's believable that he would be pretty sturdy and fit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Superman should definitely not be above that sort of thing. If there's one thing Clark hates, it's a bully. And this one hit his son!
    Clark is being more of a bully by threatening this guy than the guy was by punching Jon. It's like an adult stepping into a fight between a 5th grader and a 3rd grader by punching the 5th grader.

It's hilarious that Superman shows more restraint confronting foes with actual powers than he does as Clark confronting a loud mothed drunk.
    Last edited by Jon Clark; 04-08-2023 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Clark is being more of a bully by threatening this guy than the guy was by punching Jon. It's like an adult stepping into a fight between a 5th grader and a 3rd grader by punching the 5th grader.

It's hilarious that Superman shows more restraint confronting foes with actual powers than he does as Clark confronting a loud mothed drunk.
    Calling Clark a bully in this scenario, let alone more of a bully than this guy, is absurd. Especially given the relative small amount of force he uses compared to what the man did to John and Lois, Not to mention that he, not Clark, threw the first punch here.

Clark wasn't in a y way a bully lol c'mon now. And how was he not restrained? All he did was dodge a punch and put him in an armbar facedown on the bar (after being assaulted first, mind you ) You're acting like he punched the guy multiple times, threw him through a wall or something.

Incredible Member

So how do you think Clark should have responded? By NOT responding?

He didn't raise his voice, didn't break the guys arm or anything. Threatening your love ones doesn't deserve a response? Knowing that if you don't respond, this guy is going to continue to press on your family?

Fascinating that no matter the conflict, there are always those that are for or against an action...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    So how do you think Clark should have responded? By NOT responding?

He didn't raise his voice, didn't break the guys arm or anything. Threatening your love ones doesn't deserve a response? Knowing that if you don't respond, this guy is going to continue to press on your family?

Fascinating that no matter the conflict, there are always those that are for or against an action...
    I think he should have let the matter lie. Or turned it over to the police. Anything but go down there and confront him as Clark. A guy with superpowers shouldn't be acting on his emotions.

I think he should have let the matter lie. Or turned it over to the police. Anything but go down there and confront him as Clark. A guy with superpowers shouldn't be acting on his emotions.
    Why should Clark treat this guy with kid gloves that he doesn't use on other criminals? Clark has never been one to let harm against his loved ones slide or leave settling of such matters to the police when he could deal with it himself. To do so would be incredibly out of character for Superman.

And again, Clark still shows incredible restraint despite how clearly angry he is. He even suggested dealing with it in private, away from Candice's sight. You're making it sound like he broke every bone in Emmitt's body, burned half his face off and threatened to kill him. Clark showed far more mercy to Emmitt than Emmitt showed to his family.

Also, leave the matter lie, seriously? After the guy assaulted a minor, tried to pull a gun on his wife and had obviously no intention of stopping his criminal ways?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Also, leave the matter lie, seriously? After the guy assaulted a minor, tried to pull a gun on his wife and had obviously no intention of stopping his criminal ways?
    And what exactly did Clark add by going there himself? Guy is still free and armed, same as he was after Lois and the boys confronted him. Except now he has been humiliated publicly. All Clark did was macho posturing.

And what exactly did Clark add by going there himself? Guy is still free and armed, same as he was after Lois and the boys confronted him. Except now he has been humiliated publicly. All Clark did was macho posturing.
    He hightailed it out of town and basically abandoned his daughter so Clark did indeed terrify him.

Seeing John Henry on his own mission was cool. I want his armor to go through regular upgrades.

I was thinking there is no way they'd give Jordan the haircut Sam wanted him to have. The compromise with the costume was a good idea. That'll be cool to see in action. Now if only Jordan can stick his landings.

Candace is starting to grow on me. Her father is awful. Also she kind of looks like Shelly from Twin Peaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Yeah, Smallville had the most of Superman Rogues

The Luthors, Intergang, Morgan Edge, Silver Banshee, Metallo, Mxy, Toyman, Maxima, Doomsday, Bizarro, Parasite, Plastique, Zod and the Kryptonians, Icicle, Bruno Mannheim, Gordon Godfrey, Granny Goodness, Desaad, & Mad Harriet.

& some who weren't necessary his rogues but major DC villains Deathstroke, Deadshot, Icicle, Maxwell Lord, Roulette, Turtle, & Cameos by Solomon Grundy, Captain Cold, and Black Manta.

Superboy had Lex, Bizarro, Mxy (Played by Michael J. Pollard and looked like him), Gilbert Gottfried as a Toyman rip-off (Weird given it was their character), & a really bad Metallo.

Lois and Clark had Lex, another really bad Metallo this time played by Mallory's boyfriend from Family Ties, speaking of which there was Mallory (Justine Bateman) as a Kryptonian and a bunch of Kryptonan villains but not Zod, Intergang, Toyman, Prankster, & a weird version of Deathstroke.

The films have been obsessed with Luthor and Zod.

George Reeves fought gangsters and schemers.

& Lex showed up in one of the Serials.

So yeah, outside of Smallville Supergirl thus far has had more Superman villains than most Superman shows and films.
    Interesting to note that Superboy, Lois & Clark, and Smallville all had episodes called "Metallo". We can hardly fault the Superman Serials or Adventures of Superman for not having villains since those shows were on during the Golden Age, years before Superman's notable rogues were created.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Seeing John Henry on his own mission was cool. I want his armor to go through regular upgrades.

I was thinking there is no way they'd give Jordan the haircut Sam wanted him to have. The compromise with the costume was a good idea. That'll be cool to see in action. Now if only Jordan can stick his landings.

Candace is starting to grow on me. Her father is awful. Also she kind of looks like Shelly from Twin Peaks.

Interesting to note that Superboy, Lois & Clark, and Smallville all had episodes called "Metallo". We can hardly fault the Superman Serials or Adventures of Superman for not having villains since those shows were on during the Golden Age, years before Superman's notable rogues were created.
    Same here. I especially liked that he could use his smartwatch to summon and more-or-less instantly don his armor. I'd like to see that function refined more along with any other armor upgrades.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

I loved Clark beating that guy up in the diner. That was the best part of this episode. There's something really satisfying about seeing Superman beat bullies who actually exist in real life, the kinds of guys that everyone recognizes who never get their just deserts. It's the wish fulfillment element, you wish he was there to do this to people who really deserve it. The big superhero threats don't exist in reality, so it's kinda whatever when he has to fight them, but saving real people and punishing the real scumbags on this earth deserve more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here. I especially liked that he could use his smartwatch to summon and more-or-less instantly don his armor. I'd like to see that function refined more along with any other armor upgrades.
    He'll move on to nanotech armor by next season. Or maybe Natalie will create it first.