Page 99 of 104 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1549
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Enjoyed the episode, but have trouble believing Lex sitting in jail for 17 years with the type of power and influence he has. They show him basically running the place in short order. Could've easily replaced himself with a look-a-like to serve his term and stay out of the public eye.

Or change his face, if he didn't want to stay hidden.
    That is true. If he feels so much anger at Lois then why did he sit in prison all that time? He didn't need to wait for exoneration to retaliate. Might have made some sense if his target was Superman and he had just learned that Clark and Superman were the same guy, but Lex knew where Lois was the entire time and could have targeted her at any point.

Mighty Member

Yeah, I got to say I wasn't sold on this Lex so far. I feel they tried too hard to hype him up, especially with the prison stuff. It felt too cartoonish and derivative.

So is Bizarro essentially a zombie now? He was messed up before, but it was mostly his body's reaction to drugs. Now he's eating rats, barely speaking, and being quick to murder.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

i can't tell who is a bigger threat to the kent family, Lex? or that junior kid with the big mouth who seems like he already figured it all out, lol.
    while you kinda have to suspend disbelief for the whole glasses thing, its kinda funny how in universe we're supposed to believe the hero wearing a mask is being more reckless than the guy who's pretending to need glasses.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 06-21-2023 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Yeah, I got to say I wasn't sold on this Lex so far. I feel they tried too hard to hype him up, especially with the prison stuff. It felt too cartoonish and derivative.

So is Bizarro essentially a zombie now? He was messed up before, but it was mostly his body's reaction to drugs. Now he's eating rats, barely speaking, and being quick to murder.
    Admittedly he was revived after being dead for a long while and he couldn't really speak properly without help from the Lara AI.

So he could kidnap the Wardens wife and threaten his child from the inside. But had no way to get at Lois?
    Other than that great episode. Hope they maintain the quality next season.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Lex wants Lois to suffer. He doesn't just want to kill her. He also wants to see the look on her face when she realizes that he's beaten her and there's nothing she can do about it.
    Watching television is not an activity.

I think we're just going to have to buy that Lex didn't try to get at Lois before. Perhaps he even tried, but Superman was there. I can guess he didn't want to take the chance without knowing for sure he had a work-around for Superman.

What I do need clarified though, is why Luthor isn't going after Manheim. You'd think he'd rank above Lois in terms of revenge. Even if they don't have the actor, a line about the DOD keeping him somewhere secret and Lex trying to find him, or something would be enough for me. Perhaps he'll go after Matteo as his revenge? I would think Manheim would have planned something to protect him knowing the dominoes that would fall once he confessed. Either way, I feel it needs to be addressed. (or did I miss something?)

Honestly I think part of the reason he stayed in prison was so he could play the victim card when he got out.

Astonishing Member

I'm in agreement that the Luthor in prison theme is pretty plot stupid. He would have the resources to figure out the case and break it. Nor in today's world would you rule a prison like that. This isn't Al Capone or a Mexican cartel chief in a Mexican prison.

Last, sick of old goody two shoes Clark and Lois - OH, what shall we do? We will fight it with the press!

Toss him into the sun.

I also thought flying around in a tornado puffing cold eye would do just jack squat. The engine for the tornado is up in the clouds anyway.

Pretty lame for a good show. I don't hold much hope for Clark and Lois vs. Lex in Metropolis.

Incredible Member

I may be in the minority, but I like this new Jon way better than the previous actor. I don't even miss that guy!

For some reason, the new guy comes across a lot more likeable and his chemistry seems really good with the other cast members on screen.

I may be in the minority, but I like this new Jon way better than the previous actor. I don't even miss that guy!

For some reason, the new guy comes across a lot more likeable and his chemistry seems really good with the other cast members on screen.
    And he seems even more done with his parents .

Thoughts on #SupermanAndLois , quickly zipping through s3e09 "The Dress", s3e10 "Collision Course", s3e11 "Complications", before focusing on s3e12 "Injustice".
    Spoilers follow ...

1. We're back!

Took a hiatus of my own from covering SAL for a bit this season, partly from real-life demands and partly because it was starting to feel too much like homework. So let's get caught up to super-speed on the recent episodes.

2. "The Dress".

I hope someone in James Gunn's inner circle (if not JG himself) is watching this episode.

THIS is the level of chemistry between Superman and Lois you need to strive towards. Granted, this version has already been together for about 20 years in-story, but still, something to aim for on the big screen.

3. "Collision Course"

You had this coming, Clark.

Clark getting rejected by his sons to finally hang out together when he has always put both being Lois' husband and being Superman miles ahead of being their dad was a consequence that was bound to happen.

Clark has become a good but still not great dad on this show. Easy to forget he was often an absentee father for all their lives before he told the boys The Secret in the pilot episode.

4. "Complications"

RIP Peia.

Got serious Akira vibes as the out-of-control Peia rampaging through Metropolis reminded me of the classic anime's Tetsuo on his death-spiral.

But instead of fighting her, Clark convinces her it's OK to let go. That whole sequence was really moving.

And, as this is probably his final episode, did we get too much of a humanized Bruno Mannheim? Should we have gotten more of the Intergang side of him for balance?

5. On to "Injustice":

This episode felt less like a prelude to a season 3 finale and more like a modified season 4 premiere. Like the whole premise of the show might be shifting to something very different.

6. Jordan here is coming off bad ... very bad.

Toxic Nice Guy. Entitled Doormat. Incel In Waiting?

The power is going to his head. He clearly wants the adulation he's been missing his whole life. He can't be just friends with Sara because he still has feelings for her and he acts both possessive and jealous around her. Yikes in a vacuum, but Big Yikes when combined with his powers.

7. That was the most intimidating Clark has ever been on this show ... and it was against Jordan.

Which, considering this show has already had him dealing with Evil Morgan Edge, Bizarro, Bruno Mannheim, and the Parasite, is REALLY saying something.

Jordan raising a hand in anger to Clark, and Clark swiftly reacting to it, might have been the most negatively emotional scene this season. Where are they going to go with this?

8. And now, time for the main attraction: the long-awaited debut of Live-Action Lex Luthor XI.

Lex Luthor is the 3rd most important character in the Superverse and in the top tier of all fictional villians.

Every bit as vital to Superman's mythos as the Joker is Batman's, Lex is the perfect foil for Kal: the yang to his yin.

It's always a big deal when the Biggest Bad of the franchise shows up. And damn, has he ever shown up now.

9. Of the 11 actors who have now played him, Michael Cudlitz may already be the Most Brutal Lex Ever.

I'm unfamiliar with the actor's previous work, but in just one episode, he's already a force to be reckoned with.

Like Chad Coleman's Bruno, Michael Cudlitz commands the screen. Unlike Bruno, I have no fear this Lex will be too humanized. He weirdly reminds me of a human Thanos.

I'm a little worried he's maybe just TOO brutal, too vicious. I'm hoping some of these rough edges get smoothed over once he's back in LuthorCorp (why not LexCorp?) as CEO. And that we see some scientific genius from him.
    I loved how he ruthlessly got control of the entire prison quickly.

I look forward to seeing him interact with Superman.

10. That's how you do Bizarro.

Not as a sympathetic simpleton, but as a terrifying monster with Superman's powers.

A monster that that will soon be under Lex Luthor's control.

Bottom line: I honestly liked "Injustice" more than the rest of Season 3.

I'm glad they did the cancer storyline with Lois, but I'm more glad it's finished and that direction of the show seems like it's going to some more classic superhero fare.

Can't wait for the finale!

Grade of enjoyment (previous 3 episodes): B
    Grade ("Injustice" only): A

I have to say, the adults felt like they were going overboard and quick to react here. I get Lana wanting to listen to Sarah's concerns, and Clark obviously needs to keep a tight leash on Jordan because only he knows the kind of burden that power can be. But still. I even felt a little bad for Kyle. Jon should have talked to him first.

Ah, Lex. That is some hardcore music accompanying him. Even with Clark there, I was afraid for Lois when Lex confronted her.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    6. Jordan here is coming off bad ... very bad.

Toxic Nice Guy. Entitled Doormat. Incel In Waiting?

The power is going to his head. He clearly wants the adulation he's been missing his whole life. He can't be just friends with Sara because he still has feelings for her and he acts both possessive and jealous around her. Yikes in a vacuum, but Big Yikes when combined with his powers.
    That feels a little harsh. Jordan liked posing for pictures, I feel like everyone was on his case (although shrugging Clark off like that was messed up). He still wants to do the right thing. And he's a hormonal teenager. He can't just get over Sarah like that without having lingering feelings and acting irrationally.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    9. Of the 11 actors who have now played him, Michael Cudlitz may already be the Most Brutal Lex Ever.

I'm unfamiliar with the actor's previous work, but in just one episode, he's already a force to be reckoned with.

Like Chad Coleman's Bruno, Michael Cudlitz commands the screen. Unlike Bruno, I have no fear this Lex will be too humanized. He weirdly reminds me of a human Thanos.

I'm a little worried he's maybe just TOO brutal, too vicious. I'm hoping some of these rough edges get smoothed over once he's back in LuthorCorp (why not LexCorp?) as CEO. And that we see some scientific genius from him.
    I loved how he ruthlessly got control of the entire prison quickly.

I look forward to seeing him interact with Superman.
    Thanos? I'm still getting Kingpin vibes. I was all right with the prison flashbacks. It was cliche and has been done before with Lex, but it gave us a good taste of what he's capable of.

Man, Luthor was introduced with a bang. I was sceptical, because I loved Cryer's version very much, but man did he deliver!

I was sceptical at first, but yeah, he won me over. He also looks much more like Jordan's brother.

Astonishing Member

Excuse me for not remembering, what happened to the powered Jon from the other U? Does the DOD have him in the clink? Did he go back to the other U?