Page 81 of 104 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1549

We return back to everyone re-establishing their daily lives and routines after the season 2 finale...complete with re-introducing AI!Lara to the new Fortress of Solitude and meeting her other grandson...the new Jon! Honestly not sure how I feel about the recasting. I feel like the new actor is trying to capture the same vibe and inflection of Elsass but it still feels different. But it also feels like they can get away with this recasting because Jon is still the least relevant member of the main cast. I mean his only arc in this episode was...learning how to drive.

Gotta admit, using your brothers' private villa for some Super-Sex sounds pretty appealing! Of course the only thing Lois loves more than Clark is where the big story is, and she's hot on the trail of Intergang.

Mechano-Man! Titano! Atomic Skull! If only this show had the budget for us to see the real versions and not Fortress holograms.

Jordan still doesn't understand the boundaries around his relationship with Sarah. Hopefully they commit to just being friends and we don't have another season of him secretly pining for her. He's got enough on his plate learning to do proper Superheroing and not screwing up unsupervised.

I love how Lois checks herself into the hospital as a patient but also as a reporter so she can interview someone. Nothing more Lois Lane!

We finally get to meet John Henry's sister, or at least the version of John Henry from this Earth. Will they ever meet? I'd imagine it'd be pretty weird though.

It's funny how Steel's origin in the comics involved him turning into a hero because his tech was sold to criminals and he wanted to make it right, only now it seems like this Earth's John Henry did it willingly and our John Henry will have to clean up that mess eventually. Funny how adaptions work.

Does anyone care for the Lang/Cushing divorce drama or Lana trying to fix the school? I wonder if the money she's allocating was some kind of hush money or used to placate some unsavory types who will come after Lana next.

Raising Jon and Jordan on-top of raising a baby...I mean, it would be a lot, especially when the two are both working and Clark still has being Superman on his plate. Though at this point after raisin twins I'd like to assume they'd know a thing or two about raising a kid.

I guess it was too much to hope that AU!Grandpa General Lane was sincere in getting to know his AU!Granddaughter...at least until the end of the episode where he did mean it.

Coach Gaines, DMV tester! Any excuse to give Coach Gaines more screentime is a win in my book! He even showed up for the birthday party! Coach Gaines always shows up where the party is!

It's weird to think Jon is still dating his former drug dealer.

They continue to show Lana and John Henry getting chummy off into the distance but never do anything with it. Are they going to be a thing?

Chrissy and Kyle...? I mean, I don't completely hate it. I feel like their personalities would mesh like oil and water but that might be interesting, although so far they seem pretty clear that this was a (satisfying) one-time-thing that's not going to lead to anything more while Chrissy walks of shames her way out...before Lana shows up with the divorce papers. Relationships are messy! Can't say I ever expected to see Chrissy in her underwear though.

Superpowered Atom Man! I love how Clark shrugs off getting thrown into a tanker but honestly Atom Man gave him a pretty good fight, though I guess it makes sense given he's a desperate, dying, man trying to save himself from whatever Intergang has in store for him. I actually feel bad for him now, especially since it seems like they're reanimating him somehow to serve their villainous plots.

Who was spiral lady? I thought it was Red Cloud for a second but I can't think of a specific comic character off the top of my head.

If Lois isn't pregnant are we really getting a Lois is sick arc instead of a Lois is pregnant arc?

Bruno Manheim runs a tight ship. I'm curious how Lex will become embroiled in this plot.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who was spiral lady? I thought it was Red Cloud for a second but I can't think of a specific comic character off the top of my head..
    I think that's Onomatopeia, especially when they used random sounds to distract Superman while they escaped with Atom Man's body.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

"I didn't even think this was possible!"

Um, Clark? You do know how your two sons came into existence, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    "I didn't even think this was possible!"

Um, Clark? You do know how your two sons came into existence, right?
    I guess he thought Lois was too old at this point.

I mean, the actress is over 40 after all. Maybe this will be a plot point?

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I think that's Onomatopeia, especially when they used random sounds to distract Superman while they escaped with Atom Man's body.
    Ooooooh! Suddenly it makes sense. It's such a random pull that it's probably why I didn't realize it .

Makes the Arrow showrunners comments that they couldn't figure out a way to make him work all the more hilarious in hindsight now that Onomatopeia is in a Superman show that just left the Arrowverse.

I just liked that S&L started out focusing on people, characters and their relationships. (except for Kyle/Beppo which came out of nowhere... maybe it will lead to something?) This show isn't about a Big Bad, it's about the family relationships, so it makes sense to establish where they all are at the beginning of the season. Action's great, but they know it's still a tv show so they know to lean into the personal stuff when they can.

However, it feels like the show doesn't know what it wants from the Jordan/Sarah relationship. We'll see if it goes somewhere, but simply being awkward isn't going to keep me interested. It was kinda stretching thin last season as it was, but her finding out his Big Secret somehow doesn't seem to really affect anything ... I guess that's cool for his sake, but it's boring to watch. (so far... I do think it's leading somewhere, though I hope to not wait to long to find out)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I just liked that S&L started out focusing on people, characters and their relationships. (except for Kyle/Beppo which came out of nowhere... maybe it will lead to something?) This show isn't about a Big Bad, it's about the family relationships, so it makes sense to establish where they all are at the beginning of the season. Action's great, but they know it's still a tv show so they know to lean into the personal stuff when they can.

However, it feels like the show doesn't know what it wants from the Jordan/Sarah relationship. We'll see if it goes somewhere, but simply being awkward isn't going to keep me interested. It was kinda stretching thin last season as it was, but her finding out his Big Secret somehow doesn't seem to really affect anything ... I guess that's cool for his sake, but it's boring to watch. (so far... I do think it's leading somewhere, though I hope to not wait to long to find out)
    Sarah continues to just feel disinterested or less involved with Jordan than Jordan is with her, powers or no powers.

But I guess it makes sense if she just sees him as another friend and not a love interest.

Yes, it makes complete sense but it doesn't make for compelling television. Let's hope they have a plan.

I guess I feel neutral about this new actor for Jon. He didn't do a whole lot. I liked the previous actor, but I'm not that attached to him.

Is Chad L. Coleman just playing Tobias Church from Arrow again for Bruno Mannheim?

Sam and Natalie is a relationship I hadn't thought of. I hope they can form a genuine bond.

I'm seriously worried about Lois.

They continue to show Lana and John Henry getting chummy off into the distance but never do anything with it. Are they going to be a thing?
    I still want Lana to get together with Tal. I liked Lana's plot with the school. She humanizes the show in ways neither Lois nor Jon can, and I like her friendship with Clark. The more Lana gets to do, the better. Just as long as there's not a Lana/Kyle/Chrissy love triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I was thinking Spellbinder, but I hadn't taken the sound effects into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think the show just wants to milk the drama. Complicated and confusing teen romance and all that.

Astonishing Member

Decent episode. My question is why Clark seems out of breath after sex with Lois. Not to super, then. Or was he acting for her benefit. I hope she doesn't have long term lethal health issue. Boring. One problem is that this world finds it easy to produce Kryptonian level folks with some quick science whatever.

Also, the new Fortress better have some cloaking tech as all the sattelites constantly scanning the world will pick it up. Same with radars tracking Clark and kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Decent episode. My question is why Clark seems out of breath after sex with Lois. Not to super, then. Or was he acting for her benefit. I hope she doesn't have long term lethal health issue. Boring. One problem is that this world finds it easy to produce Kryptonian level folks with some quick science whatever.

Also, the new Fortress better have some cloaking tech as all the sattelites constantly scanning the world will pick it up. Same with radars tracking Clark and kid.
    Don't underestimate Lois Lane's capability in the sack, even against a Kryptonian .

I do wish the show could figure out more interesting threats for Superman that aren't just "give characters Kryptonian powersets." Even Smallville's Meteor Freaks had more diverse powersets.

Don't underestimate Lois Lane's capability in the sack, even against a Kryptonian .

I do wish the show could figure out more interesting threats for Superman that aren't just "give characters Kryptonian powersets." Even Smallville's Meteor Freaks had more diverse powersets.
    They were also fighting against a Clark Kent who didn't have access to all his powers for most of the show. Meteor freaks largely disappeared around the last two or three seasons as Clark grew more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They were also fighting against a Clark Kent who didn't have access to all his powers for most of the show. Meteor freaks largely disappeared around the last two or three seasons as Clark grew more powerful.
    Fair, though even in the later seasons he wasn't fighting people with Kryptonian powers most of the time, in my recollection.

Astonishing Member

I hope that they don't go down the Flash road of endless speedsters, so endless Kryptonian type villains.

Mighty Member

My favorite line from tonight's episode was Chrissy saying "Riddle me this".