Page 96 of 104 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1549

Emotional fianle (well, not really, but finale for that Arc). Let's just hope Season 4 will be a thing, otherwise we'll only have Luthor for 2 episodes.

Jordan, seriously, can you not be like that? Poor Sarah.

-- Is there anyone who doesn't know Clark's secret now? Having an extended circle of trust is better than having a "Team Superman" I guess, but writers (in comics too these days) seem to really not like the whole "secret identity" aspect of superheroes.
    -- The whole Manheim storyline wasn't bad, but it's really a family drama storyline rather than anything having to do with superheroes. Superman didn't really affect anything - the most effective thing against Bruno was a box of secrets the DOD was sitting on that Sam just gave Lois, so it wasn't even her journalistic skills that took down the bad guy.
    -- Honestly, I didn't buy Bruno's willingness to throw in the towel for Matteo's sake. He was initially interesting because he seemed to delude himself that he was a better man than the criminal he was. Showing his delusions fall away to his actual self-centered motivations would have been a stronger ending, imo than presenting the loving husband willing to give up his empire and run away with his wife or the loving father willing to go to jail for his son. That just got wrapped up a little too neatly for me.
    -- I liked the return of Jordan's anxiety issues, but then it was just his x-ray vision coming in? Or maybe his anxiety lead to it... but I would have preferred his mental issues just be there without needing a superpower aspect. Then to show Sarah's mental health issues crop up at the same time? It suddenly felt either too convenient, or it just shows how toxic their relationship is that they're bringing this out in each other, because Jordan has been acting like a passive-aggressive tool. (don't get me wrong, I like it in the sense that it's realistic that he'd be immature, just as it'd be realistic for Sarah to not want to hang out with him)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- Is there anyone who doesn't know Clark's secret now? Having an extended circle of trust is better than having a "Team Superman" I guess, but writers (in comics too these days) seem to really not like the whole "secret identity" aspect of superheroes.
    -- The whole Manheim storyline wasn't bad, but it's really a family drama storyline rather than anything having to do with superheroes. Superman didn't really affect anything - the most effective thing against Bruno was a box of secrets the DOD was sitting on that Sam just gave Lois, so it wasn't even her journalistic skills that took down the bad guy.
    -- Honestly, I didn't buy Bruno's willingness to throw in the towel for Matteo's sake. He was initially interesting because he seemed to delude himself that he was a better man than the criminal he was. Showing his delusions fall away to his actual self-centered motivations would have been a stronger ending, imo than presenting the loving husband willing to give up his empire and run away with his wife or the loving father willing to go to jail for his son. That just got wrapped up a little too neatly for me.
    -- I liked the return of Jordan's anxiety issues, but then it was just his x-ray vision coming in? Or maybe his anxiety lead to it... but I would have preferred his mental issues just be there without needing a superpower aspect. Then to show Sarah's mental health issues crop up at the same time? It suddenly felt either too convenient, or it just shows how toxic their relationship is that they're bringing this out in each other, because Jordan has been acting like a passive-aggressive tool. (don't get me wrong, I like it in the sense that it's realistic that he'd be immature, just as it'd be realistic for Sarah to not want to hang out with him)
    I'm actually kind of surprised the Manheim's never found out. I guess it's just to be expected that the longer you develop things the more people are going to find out.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was in the preview for the next episode.
    Ah, I watch next day on the CW online platform and just skip over that.
    Thanks.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

But ... if Luthor has hair, what reason does he have to hate Superman??

Superman & Lois Viewership Grows Amid Cancelation Fears

Per TVLine, the most recent episode of Superman & Lois hit 660,000 viewers in the coveted 18-49 demographic. This is the series' best showing since April 4, and it's the third-best performance of the third season. Despite this growth, the show is still awaiting word on its renewal or cancelation. The network is reportedly eyeing renewing one more of its scripted series with Gotham Knights, All American: Homecoming and Superman & Lois still in contention.

https://www.cbr.com/superman-lois-vi...elation-fears/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

https://www.cbr.com/superman-lois-vi...elation-fears/
    Hopefully one way or another we end on a high note.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well spun article that attempts to make lemonade from lemons.

The show, like most shows, has declined in viewership season over season. It would be of more interest to compare it to other shows on the CW network or how it ranks compared to shows on other networks. Comparing it to itself, especially when its viewer numbers have only slighly gone up or down around its average, isn't the best way to save the show.

Mighty Member

Great news.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Budget cut kind of sucks but I'm just glad we managed to make it to four seasons !

The shortened season (and cancellation of Gotham Knights) may have something to do with the writers strike. If they had scripts that needed re-writes that they can't get right now, they may have decided to just say, the hell with it.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I'll admit I had my doubts this show was going to return between the higher production costs and the looming presence of the upcoming movie, but I'm glad I was wrong. And I don't even think the length is that shortened since the previous seasons had 13 episodes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    The shortened season (and cancellation of Gotham Knights) may have something to do with the writers strike. If they had scripts that needed re-writes that they can't get right now, they may have decided to just say, the hell with it.
    Did season 4 already start production and we're just learning now? It wouldn't surprise me, but otherwise, they'd have no scripts.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I'll admit I had my doubts this show was going to return between the higher production costs and the looming presence of the upcoming movie, but I'm glad I was wrong. And I don't even think the length is that shortened since the previous seasons had 13 episodes anyway.
    Seasons 1 and 2 had 15 episodes each.
    Season 3 is 13 episodes.

Incredible Member

Surprised but glad to see the show continue. I'm sure they had to agree to bringing the cost of the show down a lot. While reducing the number of episodes probably accomplishes much of that, I woudn't be surprised if some episodes of S4 have very little to no SFX.

I also betting that by the end of S4 the whole world knows Superman's identity!