Page 100 of 104 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1549
    Mighty Member

It really looked like it was going to end like Death of Superman.

It was another excellent episode, but holy crap that cliffhanger!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Everyone going about their lives, trying to move forward, but all it takes is one Lex Luthor to wreck everything...

This felt like a very full circle finale in a lot of ways. Like the season started out with Clark and Lois getting busy in Italy on Tal's dime while this finale saw them get intimate again in said Italian abode. The season started out with Lois thinking she might be pregnant again and the family dealing with that, but now Chrissy is legitimately pregnant. Sam Lane is finally getting back into dating (with disastrous consequences). We even have a moment like in the first episode of the entire series where Clark's love for his family, and Lois, gives him the second wind he needs to keep fighting.

I'm glad Clark and Lois decided on a family trip because, honestly, the Kents could really use a chance to kick back, relax, and reconnect after how strained things have gotten between the Kents and the boys. Although they'll probably be too busy to actually go next season, unfortunately.

Chrissy is pregnant! I mean, wow. Were they not using protection? Did it just happen by chance? Honestly I didn't expect the relationship between Kyle and Chrissy to develop that much. I guess Sophie and Sarah will have a new sibling. Lana handled finding out better than I expected, and seems to want to treat the child like she's a doting aunt, so hopefully that gets to happen.

Steelworks! I love that they're finally setting it up, and the Irons' moving to Metropolis, even if it might also separate them from the Kents and also ruin John Henry's burgeoning romance with Lana.

Matteo is at the DEO school? Even though he's just basically a normal kid? Is he going to end up in the government or DEO college or...?

Poor Sam. First it seems like he's finally getting some action, even embarrassing his grandkids (including Natalie!) over it, but it was just a plant from Luthor. Don't keep breaking this poor old mans' heart. And wait, isn't Dylan Walsh not coming back next season? Are they just going to kill Sam off-screen?

Clean shaven Coach Gaines! Poor Jon not gaining a single inch back into his good graces no matter how hard he tries. I hope Coach Gaines makes it back to season 4 though.

Every adult is having sex on the show at this point, though I guess for John Henry it's probably the first action he's had since his wife and Lana's probably the first time since she broke up with a Kyle...so probably a lot of pent up emotion coming through as they get busy.

I'm genuinely shocked Otis survived. Are we actually going to learn more about Luthor's other goons? Or are they just there to fill out his mook quota?

I'm glad Clark finally took Jordan to task for how he's treating Sarah and finally gave him the speech about what it means to really be a hero. Jordan may have done irreparable harm to his friendship with Sarah, but at least he apologized and seems to be trying to be more mature.

I feel bad for Bizarro. Lex starts torturing him and killing him to mutate him into an unstoppable killing machine and Bizarro goes along with it because he just wants the pain of his life to end. Even Superman could see just how twisted he'd become.

It is kind of amusing that this version of Lex only sees Superman as an impediment to getting at Lois rather than his main obsession, though I wonder if that might shift next season.

No wonder they're cutting back the budget next season, they probably went above and beyond what they have just to do Bizarro as Doomsday. Which is another full circle moment because the Bizarro twist in season 2 ends up being turned around when Bizarro DOES become Doomsday in all his giant bone-breaking glory!

Kyle really just interrupted Coach Gains' speech to propose to Chrissy, huh? I guess that's karma for Gaines' treatment of Jon. Although it kind of made Lana a little more uncomfortable, though at least there wasn't the awkwardness of if Chrissy had said "no."

Welp, there goes the barn.

Honestly I feel like the Steels and Jordan would've gotten pulverized had they interfered in the fight.

Of course they end it on a cliffhanger of Superman and Doomsday charging at each other...on the moon...with both their fates resting on what's in store for us in season 4. Though to be honest I feel like if they were actually going to have Doomsday kill Clark this time around, they would've ended it on that instead of on the fight. Though I guess we'll see.

One question, is grandpa dead? Since we no know Dylan Walsh won't be coming back, did they have Lex kill him?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Unfortunate this episode marked the last we will see of several supporting cast members. Also funny, because they pretty much gave each one a new development that either won't be followed up on or will be closed out off screen when the show returns (which probably won't be until next June).

Kyle/Chrissy pregnant. John Henry/Lana getting it on. Sam Lane "kidnapped".

This episode would've been a tough "finale" with all the chaos and calamity going around. Can you imagine an ending where Superman is killed off and Lex gets away? This would've been as close to the bad guy winning and heading off into the sunset as you can possibly get!

Have they actually said those fast members are off the show or just that they aren't series regulars anymore? Because there's a difference.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Have they actually said those fast members are off the show or just that they aren't series regulars anymore? Because there's a difference.
    Cut as regulars, so they can still appear in supporting/guest role. However, at least 2 of the 7 have already stated they are leaving the show (Sam Lane and Lana). I'm sure if the others can secure regular roles elsewhere, they will leave also. A bit role in a 10 episode show, with the lower pay that comes with it, is a tough pill.

They obviously intend to move in a different direction in the final season by moving all but the main 4 characters into the background.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Cut as regulars, so they can still appear in supporting/guest role. However, at least 2 of the 7 have already stated they are leaving the show (Sam Lane and Lana). I'm sure if the others can secure regular roles elsewhere, they will leave also. A bit role in a 10 episode show, with the lower pay that comes with it, is a tough pill.

They obviously intend to move in a different direction in the final season by moving all but the main 4 characters into the background.
    I guess maybe at best they show up in the premier for one last appearance before they get written off.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

WOW, that was just WOW on so many levels. They must've had, surely had some insight they were coming back for a S4 to script things like they did.
    If not it would be one of the biggest unresolved cliffhangers in TV history for sure.

• Dead Judge by Lex's hand
    • Captured, condition unknown of General Lane
    • Crissy is pregnant
    • Crissy and Kyle now engaged
    • Lana and John Henry hookup
    • John Henry DOD job opportunity to take him to Metropolis
    • Jordan, at Clark's urging, apologizes to Sara
    • Jon, still hanging out in the background
    • Lex takes advantage of "Bizarro" superman and uses his mutation/adaptation to basically create Doomsday!!!! (DID NOT SEE THAT COMING(in S2) AT ALL)
    • Bizarromsday and Supes fight it out on the moon......cut away to black!!!!!

So, so much going on in this season finale!!!!

S4 likely to relocate to Metropolis? That allows us to leave some characters behind in Smallville that aren't coming back. Lana, Sarah, Kyle and Crissy are 4 of the 7 easily explained away by geography. Natalie can be "too busy" at DOD school to see. That is 5 leaving General Lane and John Henry to account for, which seems harder. The DOD isn't suddenly going to not have a contact so is Lane dead? If he his then logic stands John Henry wants in on the justice machine does he of the 7 stay around for any number of the last 10 episodes?? It is a good chance to see a more realized STEEL emblazoned logo on his suit given the closing events in this finale.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Made it to one hundred pages off this third season finale. Congratulations to Superman & Lois for three seasons of excellence thus far. May the fourth be as good, even if it has to be shorter.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Was the woman who seduced Sam supposed to be Miss Teschmacher?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Well, I mean, we have Otis .

Watch tattoo guy end up being Lenny...

Mighty Member

I hope John Henry and Natalie are still able to drop by as guest characters. It's especially painful since you could tell the entire show was building up to this. Steel, Superboy (Jordan instead of Conner), even the Eradicator. A more veteran Superman. The Doomsday fake-out that ended up meaning something after all.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Gretchen Kelley is an established character, surprisingly.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Gretchen Kelley is an established character, surprisingly.
    Aw man - they should've just gotten Denise Crosby to "reprise" the roll!

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I hope John Henry and Natalie are still able to drop by as guest characters. It's especially painful since you could tell the entire show was building up to this. Steel, Superboy (Jordan instead of Conner), even the Eradicator. A more veteran Superman. The Doomsday fake-out that ended up meaning something after all.
    I have to imagine we might at least see the Irons in at least one episode.