Page 102 of 104 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1549
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Man, this Doomsday's design is pretty sick. Only version of him that flies?
    Maybe, though it wouldn't be the first time Doomsday was a heavily altered or modified doppelganger of Superman. They used the same explanation for Doomsday's origins and existence in Justice League Unlimited, and considering how Lex Luthor turned out to be behind Cadmus, the organization that created Doomsday in JLU . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Well, at least he isn't wearing Superman logo Underoos. I'm still unhappy about a season of just Lois and Clark vs. Lex without a supporting cast.

I had hoped that the evil Supes from John's universe would show up as a great villain but I guess that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Well, at least he isn't wearing Superman logo Underoos. I'm still unhappy about a season of just Lois and Clark vs. Lex without a supporting cast.

I had hoped that the evil Supes from John's universe would show up as a great villain but I guess that won't happen.
    Yeah, that is pretty disappointing, I'll admit.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    That evil Superman was the focus of a story on the comic Earth-Prime, back when the show was considered canon with the CWverse. They explored his origin and all that and was also a loose thread there.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Via Deadline, Nexstar CEO Perry Sook shared that Season 4 of Superman & Lois was delayed, even noting that its release will "get pushed further and further into 2024" as the ongoing writers' and actors' strikes continue:

"The farther the strike goes on, they get pushed further and further into 2024."

According to Sook, Superman & Lois Season 4 is one of four scripted shows (alongside Walker, All American, and, Homecoming) that were delayed due to the strikes, but The CW doesn't expect any further impact on its other programming
    https://thedirect.com/article/superm...ason-4-release

Mighty Member

End of The CW’s DC Era: ‘Superman & Lois’ to Conclude With Season 4

The news comes as producers Warner Bros. TV is clearing the decks of DC shows to make way for the James Gunn era.

The Nexstar-backed broadcast network on Thursday announced that the upcoming fourth season of the DC Comics drama from exec producer Greg Berlanti will be its final run. The 10-episode final season starring Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch will air sometime in 2024.

“Over the last three seasons, Superman & Lois redefined both the superhero genre and family drama as Tyler, Elizabeth and the entire cast effortlessly portrayed these classic characters with new layers of depth and complexity that had never before been explored in the Superman universe,” said Brad Schwartz, president of entertainment at The CW. “We are grateful for the years of hard work and graceful storytelling from the show’s writers, producers, actors and crew, as well as our terrific partners at Warner Bros. Television and Berlanti Productions. As Superman embarks on his final flight, the team is leaving us with an absolutely epic 10-episode must-watch-every-minute farewell to one of the most legendary CW families ever.”

Not really surprised, but I hope the show goes out on a good note.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not really surprised, but I hope the show goes out on a good note.
    Hard same.

Extraordinary Member

This is such a shame. Superman & Lois is leagues better than the last few live action tv Superman outings.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So the official news that ANYONE following this show, Arrowverse, CW/WB news came down over the weekend. No shock value here.
    Just hoping for a solid conclusion.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

This was a great show, but at least it's not going to be a "past its expiration date" show like most Arrowverse and Arrowverse adjacent shows. Even with the cut down budget and cast, I expect a solid finale.

It's a shame to lose the supporting cast, but the show is all Clark and Lois and their amazing chemistry/relationship. As long as they honor that and keep up the quality of how those two have been written, I have faith we'll get a great wrap-up.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Thanks for stating this is a spoiler. I will not open and hope any replies about the article use spoiler tag.
    I wish to be surprised.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Well, they really have to clarify what happened to him.