Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

I'm starting to get excited. I'm wondering if in this, maybe Superman has been retired for a time? And that his kids don't know he is Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm starting to get excited. I'm wondering if in this, maybe Superman has been retired for a time? And that his kids don't know he is Superman?
    I don't see Clark as the type of character to give up being Superman, even if it's to raise his kids. Heck, that's true to the comics. He was still active but in a more secretive way, to protect Lois and Jon. Might be the same here but I don't think he stopped being Superman completely.

Quick Thoughts on the newest trailer

-The newest trailer for the show looks good BUT the pilot episode can be way more expensive than other episodes. If the show keeps this look then it will be good but I am a little afraid that is not going to happen.

-I have seen people say this looks like a movie and yeah I agree it looks like a movie

- I just checked I am a little more excited only 13 episodes, I think the quality control can stay at that level if they have few episodes for context Flash average 23 episodes per season.

Is that you Master Chief?
    is that you master chief.jpg

- Is one of the kids predictably not going to have powers? I hope they aren't super angsty because of it
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-23-2021 at 04:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

This looks good for CW which is obviously damning it with faint praise but it does look like they up the ante in terms of production values. It’s interesting to point out the same DP who worked on this show also did the cinematography for Witcher(which has a Superman actor Henry Cavil in it). Bringing this up, I’m actually reminded that I did notice people compare the look of this flick to Man Of Steel. Which I think it does the look of that movie quite a bit. Whether that’s coincidental or intentional remains to be seen.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Stargirl had a similar episode count to this show and was able to keep it's high-tier production values up relatively well across the course of the season, so I hope that's similarly true here.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

-The newest trailer for the show looks good BUT the pilot episode can be way more expensive than other episodes. If the show keeps this look then it will be good but I am a little afraid that is not going to happen.

-I have seen people say this looks like a movie and yeah I agree it looks like a movie

- I just checked I am a little more excited only 13 episodes, I think the quality control can stay at that level if they have few episodes for context Flash average 23 episodes per season.

- Is one of the kids predictably not going to have powers? I hope they aren't super angsty because of it
    Didnt know the episode count...only 13...nice hopefully they use it to their advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that looked like Master Chief

I'm willing to bet the kids will start off powerless, but will gradually develop powers. Maybe we'll find that Clark and Lois have purposely dampened their powers until they grew old enough.

Incredible Member

Mighty Member

My favorite thing about that poster: it sure looks like that Superman is actually an action figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    The kids look like if they took Jon Kent and then split him into two separate characters.

Extraordinary Member

The CW Orders More Episodes of Superman & Lois and Walker
    The CW's two newest series, Superman & Lois and Walker, are getting additional episodes of their inaugural seasons. On Tuesday, the network announced several renewals for their slate of current television shows and included the episode count updates for both Superman & Lois and Walker adding two additional episodes to the former and five to the latter. Walker was also renewed for a second season while a Season 2 renewal for Superman & Lois remains to be determined.

According to the announcement (via TV Line), Superman & Lois's additional two episodes will bring its first season total to 15. That series debuts on Tuesday, February 23rd. As for Walker, in addition to its Season 2 pickup, the additional five episodes will bring that show's first season to a total of 18. Walker debuted on the network Thursday, January 21st, and its premiere drew the biggest Thursday primetime audience for the network since 2018 and was the most-watched series premiere since 2016.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...sodes-ordered/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Friday Night Lights meets Superman...

This looks very good, I just hope they don't blow the entire budget for the Pilot.

Does Sam Lane know that Clark is Superman in the comics? I honestly can't remember.