Page 19 of 103 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes, Lois and Clark are not making perfect choices as far as their sons. But I think that is the point. Their live has been turned upside down and they are doing their best. They seem to know that they are doing it without a playbook (as referenced in the show itself). But they are doing it with the love and in the best interest of their family
    I agree with this. Clark or Lois are not supposed to know everything all the time, that would make them so unreal. Even the best parents have issues with their kids one time or another, and I say this as someone who considers herself a good parent of a nearly perfect child. You are basically growing with your children and learning by doing. A totally perfect Clark Kent would be boring.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 03-04-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It obviously wasn't that immediate since we saw them all hanging out at the house the day after Jordan's incident. I understand not sending him to school, I still disagree with the decision to not include Jonathan in the trip to the Fortress to learn about their heritage. There wasn't even a line where Clark tells Jonathan he'll take him there later or whatever. Before the powers Jordan obviously had needs - it makes me think they have been overlooking Jonathan a lot since he appears fine and happy all the time. I guess we'll see.
    I also agree with this. I pointed it out last week. It feels off how Clark excludes Jon from going to the Fortress and learning about his dad alien origin.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I also agree with this. I pointed it out last week. It feels off how Clark excludes Jon from going to the Fortress and learning about his dad alien origin.
    I have to completely disagree my middle child has had issues of depression and low self esteem most of his life we have psychological assessments on him as young as 2 and he has been under psychologist care on and off for years and as much as it Pains me to say we do treat him gentler in keep him more in things than his 2 sisters. You simply can't be as direct with him.

maybe Clark read the source material, and decided it'd be best to keep Jon tf away from Jor-El, lol.

Mighty Member

Morgan Edge must have a huge roster of metahumans on his payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Morgan Edge must have a huge roster of metahumans on his payroll.
    Doesn't he work for Intergang in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    maybe Clark read the source material, and decided it'd be best to keep Jon tf away from Jor-El, lol.
    Well, you never know.

Privacy issues aside, I think personally I'd love it if my Superhero dad was listening in to me in case I ever needed help, and with Jordan's issues it's probably more pronounced (and how many times has Clark listening for Lois probably saved her life?), but I guess it can come off a tad stalker-y .

I guess for all the drama of the Kent family we have the Lang/Cushing family who are, in Sarah's own words, a dumpster-fire. Kind of wondering what direction this family is going to go into because it seems like Lana is as lost as her daughter is, but at least they came together by the end.

Jon is the Superboy we want but maybe not the one we deserve as he continues being the best and supportive brother to Jordan even when the cliche (and maybe understandable) direction for him would be to become bitter and resentful towards his brother.

It's a good thing Sarah broke up with her boyfriend because it didn't seem like Jordan had any plans to stop pursuing her.

Jordan seems to have enough control over his powers to not hurt anyone and he actually made up with Sara's ex-boyfriend, so that ended up going better than I was expecting. But will it stick that way? Let's not forget when he let loose Heat Vision unconsciously during stress.

Once again further evidence that Jordan's powers only seem active or noticeable in proximity to Jon. Would that practice have gone differently if Jon had not been there?

That coach is kind of a jerk for making Jon run laps just for not mentioning his brother can play well (which, up to this point, he never would have thought was possible).

I was honestly expecting Lois to take over that paper but she is still ostensibly just an employee for Chrissy who has final say.

I see Jordan plays fighting games other than Injustice 2. Maybe it feels weird playing that game knowing his dad and his friends are in it. Although that attack Superman did on the bad guy looked like an Injustice 2 super move.

Kara uses her Freeze Breath pretty sparingly, so I'm glad Clark is making good use of his instead of defaulting to Heat Vision. It was nice to see Clark use his powers creatively to win the fight after brute force failed instead of needing someone to tell him what to do or the DEO to give him a device or a full team to win. Superman doesn't need any of that stuff.

So...is Edge using Kryptonians or is he using people genetically modified to have Kryptonian powers?

Assistant Coach Clark Kent is the best. I love it. And it gives him an excuse to be there for the boys at school and monitor them without needing to listen in on their conversations. Also him faking struggling with the water cooler was hilarious .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Once again further evidence that Jordan's powers only seem active or noticeable in proximity to Jon. Would that practice have gone differently if Jon had not been there?
    Good point. Clark would have found this out if he took Jonathan to meet Hologramps and then Jor-El ran the test on both of them...

So Jonathan's only power, it seems, is being a "battery" for Jordan, a mobile sun that only works for his brother. I wonder how that will work in a battle. "You hide, but stay close by!"

Ultimate Member

I wonder how long it will take before the boys ask Clark about all of his friends and if they can visit, like are Lois and Clark the only ones with kids around the boys age...like would Bruce Wayne show up maybe with his daughter or something along those lines...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I wonder how long it will take before the boys ask Clark about all of his friends and if they can visit, like are Lois and Clark the only ones with kids around the boys age...like would Bruce Wayne show up maybe with his daughter or something along those lines...
    Bruce is missing in the continuity, remember?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I love the idea of other heroes with kids showing up... but since they are all on the flash/arrow earth maybe black lightning could give Clark some advice.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I love the idea of other heroes with kids showing up... but since they are all on the flash/arrow earth maybe black lightning could give Clark some advice.
    That would be a good crossover.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

doesn't Lois and Clark have enough money to start their own small newspaper/newsletter in Smallville? Why does Lois have to work for someone else?

As I posted in the Superman Forum thread -

The first three episodes have been fantastic. I've loved them. I just want to say so publically. This is easily the best Superman-related live-action show since Smallville or in about ten years. Who would have thought it but what the shows needed was, well, Superman and Lois, radical thinking I know, huh?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."