Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Well, I presume this will be relationship-based again, like Lois & Clark. But this time they are already together, married. Interesting. Hopefully the reaction won't be "married couples are boring".
    But I wonder how much they will involve some villains or threats that have only rarely been seen on screen, or never seen? Jon Cryer's Lex is dead, right? Or...?
    The Monitor or Anti-Monitor or whoever the dude with the big book is brought Lex back to life at the end of Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    What?? Season 3 was so so bad. Mon-El was written terribly and the Legion was so disappointing I stopped watching the show.

I actually liked most of S2 and S1 had some good eps.
    I liked Mon-El in S3 much better, since he acted actually heroic and because they ultimately didn't put him back together with Kara.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 10-29-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Retired

Make Jon Cryer a co-star and I'm there. Lois and Clark have to move out of their condo, when their super-son makes too much trouble for the condo board. Their only option is the super-secure Lexcorp Towers. Hilarity ensues as Uncle Lex grows impatient with the Super family. Two and a Half Men Plus Lois Lane.

Spectacular Member

They can recast anyone and retcon anything because the series will be set post-crisis. I am already expecting that all the shows will now take place in a single universe. I don't think the multiverse will be gone, but our major shows we'll all be together.

I wonder if this means Supergirl will die in Infinite Crisis, if they do that one the following year.

Also, if Supergirl ends, maybe Flash and Superman will be cross-over buddies, and Batwoman paired with the new Green Arrow, for the smaller cross-overs.

It occurs to me that only like 3 or 4 years after everyone was all hyped up for having the "trinity" together on screen for the first time. And I think dc really doubled down jammed the concept down everyone's throats in comics and cartoons etc. But then those movies sucked and Batman ended up being rebooted outta the dceu. Superman's got a new gig in the tv universe and the Wonder Woman movies all take place before she met any kryptonians or masked billionaires. So much for that, lol.
    I don't know maybe it's for the best. I'm a big fan of all three characters but they never needed each other. Well I like the Superman/Batman frienemy/bromance dynamic as much as the next guy. But as a trio they're pretty overrated. Maybe it's not such a bad thing (strictly live action wise) that they stay separate. I don't even know if I want another Justice League movie. That last one burned me out so bad.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 10-29-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post

It occurs to me that only like 3 or 4 years after everyone was all hyped up for having the "trinity" together on screen for the first time. And I think dc really doubled down jammed the concept down everyone's throats in comics and cartoons etc. But then those movies sucked and Batman ended up being rebooted outta the dceu. Superman's got a new gig in the tv universe and the Wonder Woman movies all take place before she met any kryptonians or masked billionaires. So much for that, lol.
    I don't know maybe it's for the best. I'm a big fan of all three characters but they never needed each other. Well I like the Superman/Batman frienemy/bromance dynamic as much as the next guy. But as a trio they're pretty overrated. Maybe it's not such a bad thing (strictly live action wise) that they stay separate. I don't even know if I want another Justice League movie. That last one burned me out so bad.
    It'll be interesting to see what they do with the Arrowverse Trinity with Ollie gone and Clark coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I wonder if this means Supergirl will die in Infinite Crisis, if they do that one the following year.

Also, if Supergirl ends, maybe Flash and Superman will be cross-over buddies, and Batwoman paired with the new Green Arrow, for the smaller cross-overs.
    I doubt Supergirl dies. None of the other major hero characters that have left the show have died, Winn, Cat Grant, Jimmy, Mon-El, Sam, all have left on happy circumstances. Likely Kara will decide
    that with Superman back she needs to take a break for a while and will go live with her mom on Argo City.

Call it Lois and Clark instead and you might have something.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Call it Lois and Clark instead and you might have something.
    I figure they didn't call it that because they didn't want to seem like they were rebooting the TV show.

Superdad

''',,,...,,,'''

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Ugh. I want to love any Superman show, but doing the whole Superdad angle...blegh. Jon was the worst thing to happen to Superman mythos/lore.
    See I'm the other way; I loved the family angle that having Jon around brought to Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what they do with the Arrowverse Trinity with Ollie gone and Clark coming in.
    Especially since I wonder how long Flash has itself. I've loved the show since the moment it came out, but I think they've done almost everything they can do with the show. And they're even wrapping up the series long story of crisis so, what's really left?

Retired

As a back-up plan for BATWOMAN and for BLACK LIGHTNING, if those shows continue to have weak ratings, they should spin-off a new show called BATWOMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS.

I think the Supergirl show being on borrowed time probably explains the title of the show. Because I agree “Superman and Lois” doesn’t really roll off the tongue. Today’s pc world I can see the CW wanting to avoid backlash of a female lead show being replaced by her male counterpart. So they probably had to tag Lois’s name in there. And for marketing reasons they probably also wanted the word ‘Superman’ in the title but didn’t want to push an earful like “Lois and Clark: the NEWER new adventures of Superman”