Page 29 of 103 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's almost getting hilarious how little this show acknowledges Supergirl .
    Apparently there was a bit where Lois was going to grab a pic of I guess Clark and Kara when she walked out of the Daily Planet, but it was axed for time.

Anything else, Im just like.........uh.......Crisis happened......so....yeah.....
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Apparently there was a bit where Lois was going to grab a pic of I guess Clark and Kara when she walked out of the Daily Planet, but it was axed for time.

Anything else, Im just like.........uh.......Crisis happened......so....yeah.....
    They've stated that a cross between Covid and timing is the reason there hasn't been much acknowledgement of the larger Arrowverse this season. In fact, probably the first and only time they'll mention the Arrowverse this season will be when Diggle shows up.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    They've stated that a cross between Covid and timing is the reason there hasn't been much acknowledgement of the larger Arrowverse this season. In fact, probably the first and only time they'll mention the Arrowverse this season will be when Diggle shows up.
    I know. I've read all that. I wonder tho if it just gives them a convenient out to not include anyone else given how different S&L feels to the other shows. I am dying to see Diggle on here just to see how Ramsey fits in visually, tonally with the show.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I know. I've read all that. I wonder tho if it just gives them a convenient out to not include anyone else given how different S&L feels to the other shows. I am dying to see Diggle on here just to see how Ramsey fits in visually, tonally with the show.
    Diggle's a fairly serious and grounded character so I don't imagine that being an issue, but this is why I would be curious to see if they'll ever use John Cryer as Lex. He's great on "Supergirl," but he'd have to modulate his performance to fit in with the tone of this show. It can be done, and it felt okay when they were together during Crisis and but I would love to see Cryer's Lex fit in with this show.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Diggle's a fairly serious and grounded character so I don't imagine that being an issue, but this is why I would be curious to see if they'll ever use John Cryer as Lex. He's great on "Supergirl," but he'd have to modulate his performance to fit in with the tone of this show. It can be done, and it felt okay when they were together during Crisis and but I would love to see Cryer's Lex fit in with this show.
    It would be weird to have a Superman show that never address his actual Lex Luthor, moreso than the fact that they keep going out of their way to not have Hoechlin and Cryer really interact that much which was probably at it's most blatant during Crisis.

I feel like Cryer could probably do a good job of matching the tone of the show, if need be. I think he'd be game.

Astonishing Member

You might think Kara could counsel Jordan on growing up with powers and being a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's almost getting hilarious how little this show acknowledges Supergirl .
    It's interesting that most spin-offs have to at least give some kind of nod the tie to the original show early on, maybe to make sure fans carry over, but it's rare that shows try to distance themselves from the parent show. I'm trying to think of other examples...Daria distancing itself from Beavis and Butthead...Lone Gunmen and X-Files, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    You might think Kara could counsel Jordan on growing up with powers and being a teenager.
    A cameo from Kara would be a lot of fun, but given the tone of the show, I'd rather see something personal like that. Maybe while Kara trains Jordan, Alex talks to Jon?

Yeah, this show kinda stands out from the rest of the verse so far, but honestly, with the current quality, I'm willing to swallow that pill.

This episode was another excellent, character-driven piece of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    It's interesting that most spin-offs have to at least give some kind of nod the tie to the original show early on, maybe to make sure fans carry over, but it's rare that shows try to distance themselves from the parent show. I'm trying to think of other examples...Daria distancing itself from Beavis and Butthead...Lone Gunmen and X-Files, maybe?
    Did The Simpsons ever mention Tracy Ulman?

A cameo from Kara would be a lot of fun, but given the tone of the show, I'd rather see something personal like that. Maybe while Kara trains Jordan, Alex talks to Jon?
    I do hope in season 2 they at least work out a guest spot for Melissa, and possibly one for Chyler. Kara and Alex would be the perfect people to talk to Jordan and Jon.

Mighty Member

Morgan Edge is just full of secrets.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Morgan Edge is just full of secrets.
    Yes, I didn’t see that coming.

How exactly does the Kryptonian brainwashing work? Like, otherwise the people possessed are fine and feel better, but then a switch turns them into the Kryptonian hidden within their body? Is that how it works?

Nice to see Superman stopping some normal crime, albeit with some difficulty, and speaking Spanish .

I want Jon to have some romantic success, but Sarah's warning makes me think he's going to get his heart broken again. At least he got to help out against Edge's people.

Ice Breath is cool up until you have like a cold and you freeze yourself every time you sneeze.

I gotta be honest, I feel like they should've gone to the Fortress way sooner than they did.

So Leslie Lar isn't her real name, because obviously she's Lesla-Lar posing as a human.

Sam really got put through the wringer, with finding out he inadvertently poisoned his son-in-law, his grandson, and any and all respect his daughter and other grandson had in him. At least he got to make up for it and save Lois and Jon and justify the existence of anti-Superman weaponry. But I'm kind of surprised he didn't bring up the fact that the weapons were probably designed before Clark married Lois, so it's not like he was trying to murder her husband, unless they're more recent than I'm giving them credit for.

So...I'm guessing Lucy doesn't exist anymore? Like, she never comes up in conversations between Lois and Sam when, logically, she would considering Lois' younger sister probably had it harder than Lois did growing up dealing with the same issues. I keep expecting them to bring her up, but they don't. Did they think this show had enough sibling relationship without needing to talk about Lois'? Or Sam would seem worse if he screwed up with two daughters? I dunno, feels kind of weird.

If you think Jordan getting lasered is rough, just think that Clark had to go through that alone when he was poisoned by Kryptonite .

Poor Sarah gets bailed on (for justifiable reasons) by Jordan while her dad finally redeems himself only to turn out to now be possessed by a Kryptonian. At least he's sober now? The girl just can't get a reliable male figure in her life .

So Jordan finally has Ice Breath and his hearing is to the point where he can pick up the signal as well as Clark can.

Poor Smallville not only has become a hotbed for Kryptonite but the populace has absorbed so much of it that it makes them perfect for possession by Kryptonians. It's like the new Meteor Freaks.

This show has been so much about the two brothers that it makes sense that the main villain would end up being Superman's brother, or at least self-proclaimed, which I guess is a better twist than it just turning out to be Zod even if there's a lot of explaining they'll have to do. I don't think he's actually Clark's biological brother but it'll be interesting to see what happens now. Edge doesn't look like he's sporting the House of El crest, at least.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just finished this episode during lunch and wow, does this show continue to impress.
    Always tough to follow Frontiers summary of commentary. I'll just repeat myself cause his is a good review.

I'm guessing, without it being said, that Grandpa will still be allowed on premise. Afterall, he saved the night.

Yeah, some high pitched "dog whistle" seems to 'activate' the latent Kryptonian within.

Until we see more I can't yet agree to Smallville residents tolerance to X-K for possession = Smallville Meteor Freak of the Week. The writing thus far seems stronger than that on this show.

Sarah is going to be peeeeeved when she sees Jordan next. The real "look the other way" iffy writing moment will be when she turns a deaf ear to the excuse and all is hunky do well with everyone by next episodes end.

The super great piece of writing was the call back to those earlier deaths that just seemed like "intros" but were actually the key to unlocking the mystery!!

So....how many other languages do you think Clark speaks? Out of curiosity....why that bank at that time? We know Clark tunes out the background noise, as he's been teaching Jordan so what made that bank heist stand out and worth 'tuning into' and him flying down? How many other crimes on various continents is he like "local law" has that one?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So....how many other languages do you think Clark speaks? Out of curiosity....why that bank at that time? We know Clark tunes out the background noise, as he's been teaching Jordan so what made that bank heist stand out and worth 'tuning into' and him flying down? How many other crimes on various continents is he like "local law" has that one?
    This was literally the exact same thought I had. I was curious how he decides who/when to help since crimes go down all day every day, all over the planet.

Fantastic Member

I mean that's a huge ethical dilemma for Clark.

He basically knows everything going on on the planet subconsciously...but doesn't spend every waking moment saving lives. Yes, he has a right to his own life and time for himself, and i'm sure he interferes in the major events that would result in numerous deaths. But...that's cold comfort to the family of the single person who died when superman could've showed up to stop it.