Page 35 of 103 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I just hope the brainwashing doesn't take too long to reverse
    I give it two episodes at best.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    They even made it seem silly in the 1970's movies. I had a phone booth inside my high school back in the 90's, but I don't know if I've ever been inside one that's just out on the street.
    Well, in the '70s, I used quite a few telephone booths (though they were always the glass-enclosed ones that didn't really hide anything ).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My dad and I took shelter in a phone booth mid-80s when a downpour popped up at the State Fair. I was 8/9 at the time.
    I used a phone booth on rare occasion till by mid-90s they had all but gone away from my area. Still had the "mini-booth" that you could pull your car up to though, if anyone knows what I'm trying to describe.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Have they ever done the Lois loves Clark before she knows he's Superman in the comics? I think this is the first I've ever seen it and I liked it much more than the Lois hates Clark, but loves Superman.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The funniest thing is how many of us have actually been in a phone booth in this century. I haven't used one since the '80s myself. Sometimes the nod towards tradition gets a little silly, IMO.
    The law school I went to has a phone booth, but it's only a place you can go into and use your cell phone and have some privacy. (Mind you, they didn't have that when I went to law school; they probably had old-school phone booths back then. But recently, I've noticed that they had one or two.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Have they ever done the Lois loves Clark before she knows he's Superman in the comics? I think this is the first I've ever seen it and I liked it much more than the Lois hates Clark, but loves Superman.

Would Lois in Man of Steel count?
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Yes that's how the Byrne era did it, as did Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. Also Smallville, so it's been done a few times. In fact, I'd say it's pretty common of the modern era ever since COIE.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Yes that's how the Byrne era did it, as did Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. Also Smallville, so it's been done a few times. In fact, I'd say it's pretty common of the modern era ever since COIE.
    That's been the way IMO because post COIE Clark become who he really was as Pre-Crisis Clark was more of the disguise.

Lois & Clark has a great little scene where while in the past Lois learns Clark is Superman (Of course undone by the ending of the episode). But Lois feels betrayed and Clark comments on how it feels for him seeing Lois swoon over Superman and she laughs it off saying you're Superman and then he hits her with a Truth Bomb.

"No Lois Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    That's been the way IMO because post COIE Clark become who he really was as Pre-Crisis Clark was more of the disguise.

Lois & Clark has a great little scene where while in the past Lois learns Clark is Superman (Of course undone by the ending of the episode). But Lois feels betrayed and Clark comments on how it feels for him seeing Lois swoon over Superman and she laughs it off saying you're Superman and then he hits her with a Truth Bomb.

"No Lois Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am."
    "But I am Clark. I need to be Clark. I'd go crazy if I had to be Superman all the time!"

Said by Clark/Superman back in the 1990s Superman animated series' "The Late Mr. Kent," where for context, Superman ended up faking Clark Kent's death after he'd survived an assassination attempt by car bomb, worried that someone would deduce his secret identity and using Clark's "death" to ferret out who tried to kill him. Probably one of the best lines across Superman-related media summing up how Clark Kent and Superman relate to each other as identities of the same character, at least for me.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Actually though- Byrne's change was that Clark was the real guy and Superman was the "persona," but wasn't Lois still into Superman in these iterations? I watched Lois & Clark- I'm pretty sure in the first season Lois was into Superman and not Clark yet. Eventually yes, she did prefer Clark, but it was still Superman at first.

She just didn't hate Clark or wasn't annoyed by him anymore. They were more like friends.

I think this is the first time I've seen it where Lois actually falls in love with Clark first and doesn't even seem to like Superman at all. That felt different to me. (Though I guess it's true she had to like Clark first on Smallville, but in that case there was no Superman yet, so...it was still different).

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Actually though- Byrne's change was that Clark was the real guy and Superman was the "persona," but wasn't Lois still into Superman in these iterations? I watched Lois & Clark- I'm pretty sure in the first season Lois was into Superman and not Clark yet. Eventually yes, she did prefer Clark, but it was still Superman at first.

She just didn't hate Clark or wasn't annoyed by him anymore. They were more like friends.

I think this is the first time I've seen it where Lois actually falls in love with Clark first and doesn't even seem to like Superman at all. That felt different to me. (Though I guess it's true she had to like Clark first on Smallville, but in that case there was no Superman yet, so...it was still different).
    I think Lois started crushing on Clark and The Blur around the same time in Smallville, but I may be mis-remembering.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    "But I am Clark. I need to be Clark. I'd go crazy if I had to be Superman all the time!"

Said by Clark/Superman back in the 1990s Superman animated series' "The Late Mr. Kent," where for context, Superman ended up faking Clark Kent's death after he'd survived an assassination attempt by car bomb, worried that someone would deduce his secret identity and using Clark's "death" to ferret out who tried to kill him. Probably one of the best lines across Superman-related media summing up how Clark Kent and Superman relate to each other as identities of the same character, at least for me.
    My favorite episode of STAS it has a surprisingly dark ending for a kids show.

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The funniest thing is how many of us have actually been in a phone booth in this century. I haven't used one since the '80s myself. Sometimes the nod towards tradition gets a little silly, IMO.
    Rather than the phone booths (which I personally liked as a nice nod), those monster monitors in the Planet were what really sold the whole flashback aspect to me.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    My favorite episode of STAS it has a surprisingly dark ending for a kids show.
    And a surprisingly dark underlying plot about exposing a cop who wasn't just corrupt, but an outright murderer who framed an innocent man for his crime and nearly got that man executed before, to somewhat paraphrase what Superman said to a particularly scummy crook back in an early Golden Age comic, "getting a taste of the fate [he] planned to doom others to!"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And a surprisingly dark underlying plot about exposing a cop who wasn't just corrupt, but an outright murderer who framed an innocent man for his crime and nearly got that man executed before, to somewhat paraphrase what Superman said to a particularly scummy crook back in an early Golden Age comic, "getting a taste of the fate [he] planned to doom others to!"
    Just watched the last bit of that episode. Loved how the crooked cop put two and two together about Clark Kent and Superman, just in time for the switch to be thrown.