Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Be nice if they could find a way to bring Jimmy Olsen on the show. Obviously Mehcad Brooks won't be back so there would need to be some explanation of why he is smaller and maybe white......
    Ideally, besides Clark, Lois & (hopefully) the Kents (in some form), we'll get Jimmy and Perry as well. *crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would like them to reboot Jimmy with Crisis, but I don't think they'll write out Mehcad Brooks like that, so I wonder if they'll have a Jimmy equivalent.
    Probably some annoying social media influencer type kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Ideally, besides Clark, Lois & (hopefully) the Kents (in some form), we'll get Jimmy and Perry as well. *crosses fingers*
    Nah. It'll be Jeremy Goldson, Clark's accident prone and kind sidekick that gets sucked into misadventures. With red hair.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Now I'm sad we won't get this.
    I know... the show in my head is just amazing.

Really, though, doesn't it just write itself?

Stephanie and Tim are friends at school; He befriends her to get closer to tracking down clues to what her father is up to, which will lead to Bane. She has no idea its connected to Bane or the bigger picture, but is beginning her career "spoiling" her father's plans, which leads to her working with Tim. Kate comes in to run Wayne Enterprises. Lucius is gone, with Bruce perhaps, leaving Luke and Kate to pick up the pieces and figure out whats going on. There is new, vicious activity going on, rumors of Batman tearing people up. You could throw Huntress or Cassandra Cain into the mix as well, before we see Az-bats in his full glory, with Tim, Steph, Luke and Kate eventually all working together to figure out whats really going on, of course with Oracle as the tech genius, with some big conspiracy plot of Bane's, the mystery of Bruce's disappearance, a sub plot of how to break into the Batcave, which is locked down by Jean Paul, leaving the Bat Family working out of the base Kate discovers under Wayne Enterprises. This is just all spitballing off the top of my head. It could work on quite a few levels.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is it really that hard to get a good live-action version of Jimmy Olsen ?

Just as long as he isn't a drug addict like he was in Smallville, who wasn't THE Jimmy after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is it really that hard to get a good live-action version of Jimmy Olsen ?
    Jack Larson was probably the last good version of Jimmy and that seemed the most comic book authentic.

All the movie versions are forgettable, including the one that got a bullet to the head.

The Jimmy in the first season of Lois & Clark was tolerable, but a little too serious and more like Clark in looks than the Clark of the show. Which is why he was fired.
    The Jimmy in the rest of the show was too much of a wise ass.

Mechad was woefully miscast. I could maybe see what they were going for, but it never worked and they were stuck with the poor guy. Mercifully they finally let him go. About 4 1/2 seasons too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Just as long as he isn't a drug addict like he was in Smallville, who wasn't THE Jimmy after all.
    Yeah, that was a weird trick they pulled there about the "real" Jimmy. I don't remember him becoming an addict, but aside from some poor storypoints, I thought Aaron Ashmore was a great Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    See I'm the other way; I loved the family angle that having Jon around brought to Superman.
    Well, congratulations I guess?
    I'll never be a fan of it.

Retired

I like that when you put together the first names of the two Olsen siblings from SUPERGIRL, you get my name.

Unless Crisis changes the SUPERGIRL history--such that Jimmy is now Jim Harper and not Jim Olsen--it would be hard to introduce another Jimmy in the post-Crisis Arrowverse. But maybe, they could take a page from SMALLVILLE and have it be a younger family member. Such as a cousin. I'd like to see a much younger actor in the role--maybe not a ten year old (for reasons of working hours) but maybe an actor that can play younger.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, that was a weird trick they pulled there about the "real" Jimmy. I don't remember him becoming an addict, but aside from some poor storypoints, I thought Aaron Ashmore was a great Jimmy.
    It happened after the Doomsday attach. It was horrible to watch.

I can't imagine it being worse than the Pete Ross/Fast & Furious/gum product placement episode.

I think for Jimmy Olsen the new show they should introduce introduce an actual JIMMY Olsen, who is the younger cousin of JAMES Olsen (Mehcad Brooks), and is just starting out at the Daily Planet.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

I can't imagine it being worse than the Pete Ross/Fast & Furious/gum product placement episode.
    That's probably One republic's favorite episode of Smallville.

But yea think the shows Jimmy Olson turned out to be really named Jim Olson. And his little brother was James Olson. and no one believes Jimmy about David being Doomaday because he was an opiate addict at the time.

No idea how they'd get a classic Jimmy into this show. Probably a casualty of taking place in the shared continuity.
    The casts of these shows usually reuse the same archtypes, the hero, the love interest, the best friend, the guy in chair, the sidekicks, and the cop dad. Clark will probably have a buddy in this show but they'll probably either create a new character (like Alex Danvers, John Diggle) or grab an unrelated dc character for the "best friend" role. Like Cisco is to Barry in his show. Well I guess they could always find away to bring Peter Ross or Lana Lang into Clark's adult life.
    Hoechlin's Superman being a veteran superhero who builds robots in his fortress and has x-ray vision and superhearing probably would never need a "guy in the chair" like Felicity, Winn, Curtis, Luke, Gambi but he'll probably get one anyway just to round out the cast. They might use Emil Hamilton for this. Kinda like how he was in STAS.
    I'm also guessing they will need a "cop dad" character to fill the Quentin Lance, Joe West, Jacob Kane, (and to some extend J'onn J'onzz?) Lol these shows really do copy the hell out of each other. Maybe they'll bring Sam Lane back? It's been a while, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have to recast him and Lucy.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 11-07-2019 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I'm also guessing they will need a "cop dad" character to fill the Quentin Lance, Joe West, Jacob Kane, (and to some extend J'onn J'onzz?) Lol these shows really do copy the hell out of each other. Maybe they'll bring Sam Lane back? It's been a while, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have to recast him and Lucy.
    There was Inspector Bill Henderson as a series regular on Adventures of Superman. But he is a character on Black Lightning now, so they probably can't use him either. Sort of the problem with bringing a Superman series
    into the CW so late into the game. All the other shows have grabbed up a lot of his characters.
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 11-07-2019 at 09:11 AM.