Page 43 of 103 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    There is certainly room for a version of Supergirl in this show. I'm lost as to where/when Benoist's character and her universe is in relation to SAL's. I did kinda half-watch the COIE cross-over episodes, but it's been a while. I should re-visit them.

Oh, and a side note: is there a character tied to a CW version Wonder Woman and her supporting cast in the CW multiverse? I know Batman is missing; was just curious how CW has approached WW so far.
    This is where things get tricky. Benoist's Supergirl and Hochelin's Superman have existed together post-Crisis. They were both present at the final battle against the Anti-Monitor, and Kara was ready to sacrifice herself to save Clark when Ray showed up with the shrinking bomb to win the day. And they were both present at Hall of Justice at the end of the episode. And there is a deleted scene in the first season of Superman and Lois, when Lois is packing up her desk at the Planet and she picks up a picture of her and Kara.

On the flipside, though, is that the Fortress of Solitude looks completely different between the two shows, and certain other aesthetic choices (like the color of the heat vision) is different between the two series.

I suspect that we won't get an answer as to whether or not Kara can even appear in Clark's show until her own show wraps up- it will depend on where they leave her character. If she is still around and fighting the good fight, we could see her cameo in an episode. But if, as some are suspecting, her show ends with her going to the future to be with Mon-El, we'll probably never see her again.

As for Wonder Woman ties- a few have already been mentioned (Cheetah's cell in ARGUS, Themyscira being shown on Legends). The Legends actually dropped Helen of Troy of on Themyscira to save her life, and she came back in the Season 3 finale as a fully trained Amazon warrior, which I think is the closest we've come in the Arrowverse. They were talking about doing a Wonder Girl show using the new character, Yara Flor, but the CW decided to pass on that to make that god-awful sounding live action Powerpuff Girls show- which, itself, will probably never get made.

Astonishing Member

The COIE had a solution for Supergirl. They could have a crisis on S and L, have an off screen OMG for Kara. Then they could fly in a competent and more interesting alternate universe Supergirl - or even Power Girl.

Since Supergilr has become a sudden, plot mess - works for me.

Together again, huh? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Together again, huh? Lol
    Teen Wolf reunion .

Yay! They finally remember Lucy and Jenna .

I wonder if they'll finally mention Kara...

Maybe we'll find out she's been stuck out in the desert base for the past 5 years.

Considering this is post-Crisis, I wouldn't mind if they took her character in a different direction that best suits the "L&S" show rather than feel beholden to stick to Supergirl continity.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Considering this is post-Crisis, I wouldn't mind if they took her character in a different direction that best suits the "L&S" show rather than feel beholden to stick to Supergirl continity.
    I would only want them to stick with the Supergirl continuity just so they can finally actually mention Supergirl.

I wonder if she knows Clark is Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I suspect that we won't get an answer as to whether or not Kara can even appear in Clark's show until her own show wraps up- it will depend on where they leave her character. If she is still around and fighting the good fight, we could see her cameo in an episode. But if, as some are suspecting, her show ends with her going to the future to be with Mon-El, we'll probably never see her again.
    Isn't Mon-El married to Saturn Girl?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This is good to see. I like synergy and for these shows it should exist unless there is a real world problem why an actor can't reprise a role. Health, locked into a long term starring gig elsewhere, something like that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This is good to see. I like synergy and for these shows it should exist unless there is a real world problem why an actor can't reprise a role. Health, locked into a long term starring gig elsewhere, something like that.
    Guess it's not a long term thing, since she was just made a regular on the rookie..

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    I just saw that in the TV News Update thread.
    However, I don't see it as an issue. Lucy Lane need not be in every episode. A few consecutive episodes then breaks, repeat cycle works fine as the story demands.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member