Page 44 of 104 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Aw, come on Lois. This kid doesn't have any powers, the least he can do is get laid.

I didn't think about this before, but Natalie only knows a Superman that killed her mother. Now she has to live in a world where he married her mother.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Aw, come on Lois. This kid doesn't have any powers, the least he can do is get laid.

I didn't think about this before, but Natalie only knows a Superman that killed her mother. Now she has to live in a world where he married her mother.
    Yeah, I don't think it's surprising that's causing some conflict. Especially since her dad is now pals with said Superman.

I feel like Nat is going to be more cordial with Jon than Jordan, which will cause even more friction.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I feel like Nat is going to be more cordial with Jon than Jordan, which will cause even more friction.
    Maybe because Jon is "normal" and doesn't act like a Kryptonian? Although I feel like both brothers would freak her out.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe because Jon is "normal" and doesn't act like a Kryptonian? Although I feel like both brothers would freak her out.
    Initally I'm sure as the whole situation will freak her out, but I think Jon being the 'normal' one will give her some ...I dunno, comfort since he would 'human' like she is.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Exactly as Kabuto said. The Kryptonian aspect is what she'll likely have a real issue with.

Incredible Member

Great idea. Who would play power girl?

Kat Dennings?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The COIE had a solution for Supergirl. They could have a crisis on S and L, have an off screen OMG for Kara. Then they could fly in a competent and more interesting alternate universe Supergirl - or even Power Girl.

Since Supergilr has become a sudden, plot mess - works for me.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

uh no. I want actual acting talent and ability for the part, not just an ample chest size and that is literally the only thing Dennings brings to the table in any role she has had.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Thoughts on the #SupermanAndLois Season 2 trailer:

1. "Things haven't been OK for months".

Can't yet tell if this means there is a time jump from Season 1's finale to Season 2's premiere or if that line comes up later in the season.

2. "Please talk to me about what's bothering you ... is it the Natalie thing?"

Judging by Lois' response, it definitely SEEMS like it's the Natalie thing, or at least a big part of it is. Really intrigued to see how Lois reacts to suddenly having an alternate-universe teenage "daughter" in her world. How can that revelation not mess you up?

3. John Henry Irons' suit of armor looking really beaten the hell up ... especially in the central chest area.

Wait, are we getting Steel's hexagonal S from the comics (and maybe a new helmet that still shows his face)? Really hope so.

4. "Oh, you mean the kind (of unwanted attention) you get into flying around the world with Superman?"

This implies that not only Clark and John Henry have remained friendly (maybe even buddies now?) since S1 ended, but they're routinely teaming up on superhero missions. 1990s Me is very happy if this is true.

5. Natalie "Nat" Irons is going to be a series regular on SAL just like her dad John Henry Irons.

There is a Nat Irons in the comix that this version has a connection with ... but in the comix, Nat was John Henry's niece, not his daughter, and definitely NOT his daughter with Lois Lane.

6. Real curious to see how this blended Kent/Lane/Irons family is going to work.

Nat's gotta be weirded out to be see what looks like her murderered mom not only alive again but also married to what looks like the man who murdered her. Awkward. And that's before you factor in Nat meeting her new half-brothers. Speaking of which ...

7. "Let me go with you, just to watch your back".

Jordan saying this to Clark implies his new powers from S1 have grown to the point in S2 where he's actively wanting to usefully tag along on missions. Are we getting Superboy this season?

8. That shot of Clark hovering in the storm over the ocean looking for the naval submarine looked visually inspired by BVS.

Glad to see that the SFX here look like they've kept up in S2 and are still not the typical chintzy CW level.

9. That's such a great exchange between Clark and the officer regarding Clark's allegiance.

Glad this show is directly addressing the "government stooge" critique.

And I guess the actor playing the officer is a former castmate of Tyler Hoechlin's from the Teen Wolf show?

10. Looks like something is negatively affecting Clark's powers in some way.

This is such a common trope for Superman stories that I really hope they find a fresh angle on it for the show.

Bottom Line: Hyped! Can't wait for Tuesday, January 11th, 2022!

Trailer Grade: 9/10.

Mighty Member

Wonder if Perry White will show up?

Mighty Member

Awesome season premiere. So, was that Doomsday or Brainiac at the end perhaps?
    Last edited by tabo61; 01-11-2022 at 07:08 PM.

I actually liked all the family drama. Maybe it's how real the characters feel. But the show is done very well.
    The Korean sub sequence was also good, better FX than the other shows.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I'm thinking it's doomsday but I'm hoping it's Ultra-Humanite.

This was probably the realist depiction of what being from an alternate reality would be like. Other shows seem to get over it in a few days not months.