Page 51 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

I thought it was a very good sleight of hand to the fans. The Doomsday diversion was well done. Down to Lois saying "Doomsday" and the containment suit.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    But is Bizarro World another universe? I know that they're not going to show a cube shaped planet at any point, so kind of misses the fun then.

I'm thinking it's somehow related to Krypton since he was in the X-Kryptonite mine. But beyond that, now clue. Still, mine full of rocks from Krypton, origin has to involve Krypton somehow right?
    I think Lara mentioned there was some kind of dimensional energy involved with the psychic link, so there might be some form of Bizarro world in play. I don't think he's a clone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I thought it was a very good sleight of hand to the fans. The Doomsday diversion was well done. Down to Lois saying "Doomsday" and the containment suit.

The ironic thing when they finally adapt the containment suit in live-action and it's not even actually Doomsday .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Lara mentioned there was some kind of dimensional energy involved with the psychic link, so there might be some form of Bizarro world in play. I don't think he's a clone.
    Didn't say he was a clone, just that it's related to Krypton. No reason both it and some interdimensional Bizzaro World can't be true. Maybe Bizzaro World is a parallel Krypton like how there's parallel Earths? Hell, it'd be interesting if The Phantom Zone was another universe and Bizarro World is that universe's Krypton. I mean, I think they're ignoring Supergirl continuity anyways so why not?

This show really doesn't want Clark to have much of a romantic history with Lana. Maybe it's an over-correction because of Smallville or maybe Clark was lying to Jordan, but it's kind of sad to hear that Clark never considered telling Lana who he really is. Despite the horrifying bursts of anger, though, Clark was being quite reasonable.

Bizarro, eh? I can dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That's two times they tricked us with the introducion of the main antagonist.(especially with Lois using the word domsday) I'm fine with it. It's the only way to surprise comic book fans who have so much knowledge. The psychic connection between Clark and Bizarro is an interesting twist and I'll be curious to find out his origin.
    Arrow and Supergirl have done bait-and-switch characters too, seems like that's the best way the CW can surprise audiences. There's definitely more to Bizarro. Maybe he's going to evolve into a Doomsday-like creature? Or maybe because of his psychic connection to Superman, we're going to get some kind of Superman Red/Superman Blue story.

I can't remember if we've seen them playing Madden before, but I'm glad they play more than just Injustice.
    Given the timing, I wonder if they did that as a tribute to John Madden.

I'm betting that Jonathan only bought the drugs from his g/f so he could bring it to his dad or whomever to get it tested for X-Kryptonite. He's always had a good head on his shoulders and I don't think being overlooked by his team is enough to drive him to drugs.
    I can see him doing that, and I hope this is just him gathering information since he does have a bit of an investigative reporter streak to him.

Didn't say he was a clone, just that it's related to Krypton. No reason both it and some interdimensional Bizzaro World can't be true. Maybe Bizzaro World is a parallel Krypton like how there's parallel Earths? Hell, it'd be interesting if The Phantom Zone was another universe and Bizarro World is that universe's Krypton. I mean, I think they're ignoring Supergirl continuity anyways so why not?
    That would be an interesting twist as well. Bizarro could actually be a parallel version of Kal-El.

We see that Bizarro actually has a reverse S-shield. Unless that means something on Krypton, I'm leaning towards coming from another dimension. (since the clone origin wouldn't explain the outfit) It's an interesting parallel to the military Supes (what are they called?) who are also mirror versions of Superman in a variation of his costume.

I wonder if we'll get Bizarro versions of the entire Kent Family.
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    This show really doesn't want Clark to have much of a romantic history with Lana. Maybe it's an over-correction because of Smallville or maybe Clark was lying to Jordan, but it's kind of sad to hear that Clark never considered telling Lana who he really is. Despite the horrifying bursts of anger, though, Clark was being quite reasonable.
    I think Clark intended to be with Lana when he finished his training, but he missed his chance and never looked back.
    We see that Bizarro actually has a reverse S-shield. Unless that means something on Krypton, I'm leaning towards coming from another dimension. (since the clone origin wouldn't explain the outfit) It's an interesting parallel to the military Supes (what are they called?) who are also mirror versions of Superman in a variation of his costume.
    I wonder if that necklace is some kind of tether or artifact from Bizarro World.

I wonder if we'll get Bizarro versions of the entire Kent Family.
    Has a Bizarro Lois ever been done before? Because that'd be kind of awesome.

Has a Bizarro Lois ever been done before? Because that'd be kind of awesome.
    Yep.

Just finished the first season. Quick thoughts.

Loved the tribute to the Max Fleischer Superman with the costume he was wearing in his early days.

I was so happy to see a Superman series that moved on with the story of his life and didn't just rehash the same old story again.

Loved the plot twist with which son was the super one.

The Clark and Lois relationship has to be the most in-depth and believable of any Clark/ Lois relationship ever portrayed in live action.

Killing off Martha Kent in the first episode caught me by surprise but served as a great basis for the entire series with the return to Smallville. I never thought I'd find the daily lives and interactions of people in Smallville (even without the alien stuff) to be interesting.

The alternate reality and John Henry Irons were also interesting and I smiled at how Thor's hammer got worked into it. Yes, I know. Steel always had a hammer.

I did find myself wondering if most Kryptonians were psychopaths based on those that got resurrected. Were they hand-selected by Max Lord except for Lara? Did something in the process make them what he wanted them to be? Was it simply desperation to survive? Was it that they simply did not consider anyone who was not a Kryptonian to be more than an animal or lower life form? Lord's father was the ultimate abusive parent. I find myself wondering if, on Krypton, he was considered a mental case.

I found myself wondering if this was an alternate reality from the one where Supergirl exists until John Diggle showed up. I get that they wanted the show to stand on it's onw. But not the slightest mention of her?

The only negative for me- and it's just a minor quibble. In the interview Superman did in Smallville, I finally noticed how drab and dull that costume was, like he'd been wearing it for twenty years and never washed it. Dude, your the beacon of hope. Get a bright blue and bright red costume with a yellow part that doesn't look like dried mustard.

Other than this modern fascination with dark costumes for even the brightest of characters, I found this to be a great series.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

It's Morgan Edge not Max Lord. I believe those Zeta-Rho brought back through the eradication were radical zealot Kryptonian with obsessed with the preserving/rebirth of Krypton no matter how unethical. I just refuse to believe the Els are the only sensible Kryptonians in an entire planet.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    It's Morgan Edge not Max Lord. I believe those Zeta-Rho brought back through the eradication were radical zealot Kryptonian with obsessed with the preserving/rebirth of Krypton no matter how unethical. I just refuse to believe the Els are the only sensible Kryptonians in an entire planet.
    I got the impression (I don't know if they were explicit about it) that they were bringing out the most militant Kryptonians they had available to help with the plan.

I mean, their big gun was Zod, which says a lot.

Yep.

...I'm calling it, Bizarro Jon and Jordan are the Bizarro Brats, which makes real Jon and Jordan just the Brats.

My takes on the overall future of SAL (at this moment):

1. The show will only last 4, maybe 5 seasons tops, and that's by design. It will end when the boys graduate from high school.

2. The final big bad of the overall show is going to be the Evil Superman who destroyed John Henry and Nat Irons' earth. Good Superman is going to beat Evil Superman.

3. Luthor is coming, but he won't have any continuity to his Supergirl incarnation, even if they bring back Jon Cryer for the role (I'm hoping for Clancy Brown, myself).

4. Metropolis will become a bigger part of the show. Lois and Clark will regularly commute (via Superman) back to the Daily Planet at some future point.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    DOH! Morgan Edge. I don't know why I said Maxwell Lord.

That was my option too, that Rho was allowed to do most of the selection process and went with fanatics. Rho even stated he seemed to want to bring Lara back just to kill her himself.

I was also surprised that the other Kal-el (presumably Zod's mind) did not break through and agree with the person who said that will be a future season.

I suspect the show will end with Jordan becoming Superman.
    Power with Girl is better.

Incredible Member

I don't think it is necessary to be in Methropolis for the Daily Planet to work.

We live in a world with remote work, being connected through zoom.
    They can still live in Smallville, although why besides it is hardly an idyllic life that the Kent family has.
    I still find it ridiculous that Lois is working (and co-owner) at a smalltown newspaper.

Has anyone else noticed that they never do any work on the farm, but presto are able to grow a crop.
    There was a huge stand of corn on the show this week.
    Farmers are going under all the time, but I suspect the Kent's won't have their struggles.
    Last edited by RobinGA; 01-31-2022 at 01:14 PM.