Page 54 of 103 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

This was from before, but I forgot to mention: Was I the only one who found Lana's "spontaneous" video backwards and off-putting? She films herself in the kitchen, talking about family to seem more relatable to the voters?(never mind the issues) I can see this strategy working on Smallville residents, but it's a bit surprising that it came from Sarah and Lana went along without reservations. It seems like something some election-savy guy would propose and Lana would begrudgingly go along with because she was desperate. It also came across to me as horribly contrived. But I guess they're just old-fashioned folk... (not that there's anything wrong with that... I guess....)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    This was from before, but I forgot to mention: Was I the only one who found Lana's "spontaneous" video backwards and off-putting? She films herself in the kitchen, talking about family to seem more relatable to the voters?(never mind the issues) I can see this strategy working on Smallville residents, but it's a bit surprising that it came from Sarah and Lana went along without reservations. It seems like something some election-savy guy would propose and Lana would begrudgingly go along with because she was desperate. It also came across to me as horribly contrived. But I guess they're just old-fashioned folk... (not that there's anything wrong with that... I guess....)
    The idea being Sarah's is likely why she accepted it so easily.

Incredible Member

The Lana video with her chopping vegetables was awful. Simply awful.

It is the kind of thing our politicians do when they want to pretend to be "spontaneous."
    Here I am like you common folks doing what you do. I'm just a "working mom." The natural
    reaction from people in Smallville would be to roll their eyes. The Democrats pretty much lost
    a senate seat in Indiana when their candidate stole a scene from Veep by having their senator
    out chopping wood then saying something ridiculous like I'm on your side.

Hold on, "mirror dimension"?

We ARE getting Bizzaroworld???

Incredible Member

Okay, could someone clear something up for me? What exactly was it that Lois omitted from her story about Ally that causes a problem between her and Chrissy?
    Lois saw something but said she didn't? Is that right?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Okay, could someone clear something up for me? What exactly was it that Lois omitted from her story about Ally that causes a problem between her and Chrissy?
    She didn’t mention Lucy seeing visions while on drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    It didn't seem clear to me as well at first, but I think Lois's major transgression was that she misrepresented her source. Lucy was never a whistleblower - she was and still is, a believer. Lois used the facts of what happened to point out the dangers of the "organization" but left out Lucy's side of it.

It didn't seem clear to me as well at first, but I think Lois's major transgression was that she misrepresented her source. Lucy was never a whistleblower - she was and still is, a believer. Lois used the facts of what happened to point out the dangers of the "organization" but left out Lucy's side of it.
    I guess it wasn't Lois' decision to not leave it to chance whether the general public would believe or not believe the ravings of her overdosed sister.

Still, Lucy comes off as super unlikable and ungrateful.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    She didn’t mention Lucy seeing visions while on drugs.
    Ah,I see. Thank you. Wonder if maybe this 'Parasite"- if Ally becomes more like the comic book super-villain- is maybe from another dimension? And that's what Lucy saw or if it was just a drug induced hallucination?

Incredible Member

That does make more sense. Lois presented Lucy as someone who was saying bad things about the group but she didn't. Got it. Thanks.

Mighty Member

Clark sure does love banana muffins.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Clark sure does love banana muffins.
    Who doesn't?

I thought it was a very good episode.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Parasite become a bigger deal than I thought she was gonna be.

So it turns out Ally has had a connection to Bizarro World since she was young, through her family, and through that necklace. And it turns out that not only is it real but Ally is basically the absolute ruler (and likely dictator) of the whole place. Yeah, Lucy kind of left that one out.

Stop being such a stereotypical government type, Anderson.

I knew all that family bliss for the Cushing...I mean, Cortez's was going to end badly the longer they built up to Sarah's Quincenera (and she looked amazing in that dress), but boy did Kyle screw up. At least Lana managed to salvage the night and Sarah's emotional stability.

Sam ropes Jon into training Jordan not knowing he's on X-K and has powers, which he then uses to renew the siblings' rivalry now that Jon's "leveled the playing field," even if it makes him come off as more of an aggressive jerk on a power trip. This can't end well, especially when Jordan just assumes Jon genuinely awakened his powers instead of getting them through drugs.

Well, too bad about Dr. Faulkner. The only "Rampage" we got was Bizarro going to town on her and her office.

Chrissy is the first person to use the word "Bizarro" but no one has actually called the genuine article that quite yet. Just the "Bizarre Superman."

Thank you for the handy subtitles to understand Bizarro's reverse speech! I was kind of hoping his translated dialogue in the Fortress would be like how he talks in the comics with "Me am not Bizarro" and such, but I guess this was simpler.

I have to admit a part of me wanted Bizarro!Chrissy to turn out to be a monkey with super powers, considering her last name is "Beppo." but that would probably be too random for this show.

Clark realizes that Bizarro is a reverse of himself, complete with reversed vision/breath powers, so by that logic X-Kryptonite, which does nothing to him, might function the same way Green Kryptonite does on Clark. At least that was my takeaway from the end of the fight in the barn.

"Adult things?" Jordan, you dog.

Well Kyle, at least the woman you had an affair with and who told her gal pal all about said affair so she could possibly leak the story to the mayor was genuinely in love with you! That's totally a silver lining in this entire mess. Not.

Now that Chrissy's made her point about objectivity, can we please just have her and Lois working together as a united front against Ally? Especially when it seems like she's the real villain here. Also, thanks for letting us know about your history with drugs, Chrissy. Very informative.

It's kind of funny that Anderson's been pushing for a more militarized Superman when it turns out Bizarro is a "soldier" as a reverse of how normal Supes is.

So Ally being in control of Bizarro World is one thing, but...like, how is she going to use that to take over the normal world? Like throw everybody into Bizarro World? Summon a Bizarro Army at her command?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of funny that Anderson's been pushing for a more militarized Superman when it turns out Bizarro is a "soldier" as a reverse of how normal Supes is.
    Calling it now, Bizarro Anderson is a peace loving hippie.