Page 55 of 104 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

I know Jordan is supposed to be awkward, but man is he awkward. I don't know if it's good acting or lack of chemistry, but anytime Jordan and Sarah are in any way physical, it just seems ... so awkward! haha...

I'm curious about what this show wants Kyle to be. At first, he seemed to be the kind of straight-up middle-american conservative you might expect to find in Kansas to offer a different viewpoint. He was also obviously a good man, so (for a CW superhero show) I found that perspective refreshing and created an interesting dynamic. It also offered us the opportunity for us to see people from different political perspectives not hate each other and actually finding common ground on the things that are really important. Clark had just moved his family there and he had been away for many years. Kyle represented Clark and Lois' not so easy transition to rural life. However, now that Edge is gone and L&C are more acclimated, suddenly Kyle is just supportive of his more left-leaning wife running against a crudely-drawn right-leaning stereotypical "evil politician," he's a cheater who's screwing up his family and now re-embracing his latinx heritage. Nothing wrong with the person they want him to be now, but it's an interesting evolution, which for me is not for the better in terms of what his character offered the show before.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A good episode back from "Olympic Break".

Ally is for sure the baddie BUT is not controlling Bizarro Superman. Would calling Bizarro a Freedom Fighter be misplaced??

Lucy and Crissy both have different takeaways of the Ascension, why? Is is different for each person? Did they actually kill Crissy with that drug? Handler was talking by a DFib of her afterall.

Where are the Cushings/Cortez's going from here? The big shocker is out for the family to deal with but what about the campaign?

Is this drug going to jump start Jonathan's power and 6/7 episodes from now he will exhibit powers but NOT have taken the Krypto drug??

Anderson...I want to like you. You're throwing so much shade around though by being a good dog for the higher ups. I suppose this is what it would be like though if your Father-In-Law wasn't covering for you so I'm torn on how much to diss on Anderson.

Verbal updates only on John Henry, no Natalie. Hopefully we get some screen time with them next episode even if it is standard hospital scenes or him hobbling around, talking about building a shop etc.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I know Jordan is supposed to be awkward, but man is he awkward. I don't know if it's good acting or lack of chemistry, but anytime Jordan and Sarah are in any way physical, it just seems ... so awkward! haha...

I'm curious about what this show wants Kyle to be. At first, he seemed to be the kind of straight-up middle-american conservative you might expect to find in Kansas to offer a different viewpoint. He was also obviously a good man, so (for a CW superhero show) I found that perspective refreshing and created an interesting dynamic. It also offered us the opportunity for us to see people from different political perspectives not hate each other and actually finding common ground on the things that are really important. Clark had just moved his family there and he had been away for many years. Kyle represented Clark and Lois' not so easy transition to rural life. However, now that Edge is gone and L&C are more acclimated, suddenly Kyle is just supportive of his more left-leaning wife running against a crudely-drawn right-leaning stereotypical "evil politician," he's a cheater who's screwing up his family and now re-embracing his latinx heritage. Nothing wrong with the person they want him to be now, but it's an interesting evolution, which for me is not for the better in terms of what his character offered the show before.
    I think of Kyle as this kind of "real" guy who means well but makes a lot of mistakes. He's human, so he has his virtues and his vices.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think of Kyle as this kind of "real" guy who means well but makes a lot of mistakes. He's human, so he has his virtues and his vices.
    I feel like, for a real person, I'd be fine with him waffling around between niches, because real people are written really inconsistently, but I expect more from a fictional character!

I did find it kind of funny how Ally expected Chrissy to report the reality of Bizarro World not realizing Chrissy is a normal person who noticed how she's a totalitarian dictator in Bizarro World .

Good episode to come back to. Nice connection between Ally and Bizarro, Kyle's mistake comes back to haunt him and Jon continues on his self-destructive path. Really hope he'll stop using X-Kryptonite soon. But maybe he can keep the powers somehow.

I've seen a few people online point out that Jon with X-K has seemingly more powers than other people who are dosing on it who only seem to get one Kryptonian power. Probably because of his genes?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I've seen a few people online point out that Jon with X-K has seemingly more powers than other people who are dosing on it who only seem to get one Kryptonian power. Probably because of his genes?
    Perhaps it is jumpstarting his latent (or, if I'm using that term right in reference to genetics, recessive) Kryptonian genes, but I can see that backfiring horribly enough on him if he gets the full (or fuller) range of Kryptonian powers without the control necessary to avoid severely hurting someone, if not worse, and exposing himself and his family in the process.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Thoughts on #SupermanAndLois s2e5 "Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon". Spoilers follow ...

1. After 3 weeks absence, SAL is back! This most recent CW interruption really makes me hope this show does make the jump to HBOmax full-time in the near-future. These in-season breaks are such momentum-killers for this show.

2. So the Cushings used to be named the Cortezes. Explains the quincinera for Sarah ... although I thought her and the Kent bros were all now high school sophomores about to turn 16? Maybe she skipped a grade. I really don't like for how much screen time the Langs ate at the expense of better characters in this episode.

3. I honestly don't know who Ally Alston is supposed to be anymore. The comix version was Parasite, but aside from the purple color of that gemstone heirloom, nothing on this show so far suggests her to be that villain. Could she be someone else or maybe a merge of multiple characters? Stumped I am here, but she seems legitimately sinister and not misguided.

4. This Live-Action Bizarro IV (following the ones on the SUPERBOY, LOIS & CLARK, and SMALLVILLE shows) continues to be the best version yet of the character outside the comix. He's the unhinged monster, the sympathetic creature, and the intelligent mirror of Kal, all in one. These fights are awesome.

Plus, watching his Freeze Vision and Fire Breath on screen never gets old.

5. Pour one out for Dr. Faulkner. Brutally murdered by Bizarro via neck-snap, I was really hoping we'd get to see Rampage (essentially DC's closest comp to She-Hulk) in action.

6. It sounds from Chrissy's drug-induced trip that Ally Alston somehow conquered the Mirror dimension, aka Bizzaroworld. Also sounds like this rest of this season may read a little like the horror movie "Us".

7. Poor Jonathan. He's been back-burnered on this show for its entire run while Jordan got all the more interesting storylines. So it was only a matter of time before the show made him break a little bad. Wonder if that was just the effects on the XK drug use or if he really did wake up his latent Kryptonian powers.

8. Jordan and Jonathan literally and verbally sparring was also inevitable. These two have been shown to have an incredibly supportive relationship but this rift was coming a mile away.

Jordan got to meet both his Kryptonian holo-gramps and holo-gramms, I don't think Jonathan even visited the Fortress of Solitude. Jonathan was the golden boy while Jordan was the malcontent for so many years before and now it's flipped to where Jordan is going great and Jonathan is an afterthought at best.

9. Glad Supes checked in on Tag, but his already-strained relationship with the military doesn't seem likely to recover. Good, I don't want Superman too friendly with the government.

And is John Henry still unconscious at the hospital? Where was Nat?

10. I don't think I've seen adult Kal work with any version of his mother Lara since SUPERMAN II. Nice change-up from the Jor-El A.I. from SMALLVILLE.

Bottom line: Lots of good stuff mixed with drama I cared nothing for, plus absences from John Henry and Nat, while Lois didn't do much. I hope we get a trip to Bizarroworld soon. That'd be a BIG swing for this show.

Grade: 7 / 10.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Thoughts on #SupermanAndLois s2e5 "Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon". Spoilers follow ...

1. After 3 weeks absence, SAL is back! This most recent CW interruption really makes me hope this show does make the jump to HBOmax full-time in the near-future. These in-season breaks are such momentum-killers for this show.

2. So the Cushings used to be named the Cortezes. Explains the quincinera for Sarah ... although I thought her and the Kent bros were all now high school sophomores about to turn 16? Maybe she skipped a grade. I really don't like for how much screen time the Langs ate at the expense of better characters in this episode.

3. I honestly don't know who Ally Alston is supposed to be anymore. The comix version was Parasite, but aside from the purple color of that gemstone heirloom, nothing on this show so far suggests her to be that villain. Could she be someone else or maybe a merge of multiple characters? Stumped I am here, but she seems legitimately sinister and not misguided.

4. This Live-Action Bizarro IV (following the ones on the SUPERBOY, LOIS & CLARK, and SMALLVILLE shows) continues to be the best version yet of the character outside the comix. He's the unhinged monster, the sympathetic creature, and the intelligent mirror of Kal, all in one. These fights are awesome.

5. Pour one out for Dr. Faulkner. Brutally murdered by Bizarro via neck-snap, I was really hoping we'd get to see Rampage (essentially DC's closest comp to She-Hulk) in action.

6. It sounds from Chrissy's drug-induced trip that Ally Alston somehow conquered the Mirror dimension, aka Bizzaroworld. Also sounds like this rest of this season may read a little like the horror movie "Us".

7. Poor Jonathan. He's been back-burnered on this show for its entire run while Jordan got all the more interesting storylines. So it was only a matter of time before the show made him break a little bad. Wonder if that was just the effects on the XK drug use or if he really did wake up his latent Kryptonian powers.

8. Jordan and Jonathan literally and verbally sparring was also inevitable. These two have been shown to have an incredibly supportive relationship but this rift was coming a mile away.

Jordan got to meet both his Kryptonian holo-gramps and holo-gramms, I don't think Jonathan even visited the Fortress of Solitude. Jonathan was the golden boy while Jordan was the malcontent for so many years before and now it's flipped to where Jordan is going great and Jonathan is an afterthought at best.

9. Glad Supes checked in on Tag, but his already-strained relationship with the military doesn't seem likely to recover. Good, I don't want Superman too friendly with the government.

And is John Henry still unconscious at the hospital? Where was Nat?

10. I don't think I've seen adult Kal work with any version of his mother Lara since SUPERMAN II. Nice change-up from the Jor-El A.I. from SMALLVILLE.

Bottom line: Lots of good stuff mixed with drama I cared nothing for, plus absences from John Henry and Nat, while Lois didn't do much. I hope we get a trip to Bizarroworld soon. That'd be a BIG swing for this show.

Grade: 7 / 10.
    Maybe she gets resurrected and empowered through some form of Kryptonite or Kryptonian tech that turns her into Rampage. That said, would generally cosign you on your ninth point, as Superman himself has made clear that he's Superman for the entire world --- and the universe, if necessary --- not just one country or one country's government.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Thoughts on the episode.

It was enjoyable, but once again it felt like it was slowly building. Much of the story for this season feels like it will be Jon acquiring powers,
    the Bizarro world whatever that is, including Ally.

The Cortezes felt forced. A trick on the audience that felt too cute by half. They were an anglo family, then all of a sudden they had this Latin flavor.
    I wish that story could have been explained a little more clearly, much less why they had decided as a family to announce their Latino roots. The big news
    from the Cortezes was the discovery that everyone knows now (at least in the family) that Kyle has been cheating on Lana. Things were evidently really bad
    when Kyle was drinking, which I suppose shouldn't surprise us that much. What is Lana going to do here? Is it me being too mean to say maybe she is better
    off without him. There have to be some men in Smallville, besides Clark, who could treat her right.

Jon helped out by the drugs has his powers emerging. How extensive they are is pretty unclear right now. We saw the speed during the Jon-Jordan fight. Now
    a blast of heat vision. How strong is Jon now? I mean can he lift up a mountain, bench press a ton, or does he just have sporadic bursts of energy? I also wonder
    if Jon can fly. They also seem to like steroids giving him some 'roid rage.

I wish we could get a glimpse of Bizarro world. It would be interesting to see it, for it to be more than just described by other people.

The warning at the end made it sound like Supes and Bizarro Superman were going to join forces against Ally. I'm not sure how much trust can exist here. But it feels
    like Ally has gone from a Lois problem, to becoming something Superman will have to handle directly.

Chrissy has always annoyed the crap out of me. When she isn't whining, bitching about something, she can suddenly pivot on a dime. Lt. or General Anderson (I'm confused about
    his actual rank) is still a major tool. I'm glad that Superman isn't just doing the bidding of the DOD.

I'm enjoying the ride, but wondering where exactly we are going. I guess a major take down of Ally.

Just want to say, the Cushing's have been shown to have a Hispanic heritage since last season. It wasn't just introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Just want to say, the Cushing's have been shown to have a Hispanic heritage since last season. It wasn't just introduced.
    I mean, Kyle's actor is hispanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I mean, Kyle's actor is hispanic.
    Yeah, and he calls her "mijita" all the time.

Watching Jon attack Jordan like that was painful. I'm still disappointed in where they went with him, but I think they might be able to turn it around. And I hope he keeps some kind of powers once he's off the artificial stuff.

Kyle is...ugh...but at least I liked the Quincenera and the barn setting. How did Chrissy get there, though? Sarah couldn't invite Jon's girlfriend, or Natalie for that matter, but Chrissy gets an invite? Maybe Natalie wasn't up for it, and Chrissy took her slot.

Oh, hey, Tag is alive. I wasn't sure for a second there.

I have to admit a part of me wanted Bizarro!Chrissy to turn out to be a monkey with super powers, considering her last name is "Beppo." but that would probably be too random for this show.
    I still have hope it'll happen some day if this show runs long enough. Maybe we'll get the Ultra-Humanite, and he'll put her brain in a monkey's body.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    They feel like believable teenagers to me.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

I actually like what Superboy did with Bizarro. But this Bizarro is just plain awesome looking.