Page 56 of 104 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Poor Clark.

It's a very stylish opening.

So we get to see Bizarro World which is this weird, kind of eerie, red-tinted world with the Kent Farm having seen better days and some huge cat (Bizarro!Streaky?) and Bizarro being the only ones left. And apparently Bizarro went on a rampage to find Ally, who seemed to be in charge of that world's SoA with Bizarro!Lana as a member as he grabbed the necklace so he could stop her plan, which seems to be fusing Ally and her Bizzaro World self to achieve godhood, which is why Superman gets more powerful any time he and Bizarro tussled.

Was Bizarro some kind of resistance fighter against Ally and her regime? Is that why he wasn't popular?

Gotta admire Sam Lane doing his best to try and fix the relationship between his daughters. It's very transparent, but his heart is in the right place.

Wow, a military official actually calling out Anderson for how badly he's handling Superman! I was genuinely surprised.

Poor Cortez's having to deal with Kyle being kicked out of the house, basically. Lana's barely holding it together.

I know the woman was in grief, but that slap was unjustified. Maybe Superman could've done a better job defending Anderson, but it's hard to be fully transparent with a guy like Anderson.

It's sad seeing Jordan trying to give Jon advice on controlling his powers and what to expect knowing for Jon it's partially fake. Not to say he couldn't gain super-hearing or Freeze Breath at this point, but still. It is an interesting parallel where Jon, having powers, now feels on top of the world and like he's finally found his place when that's exactly where Jordan was at in early season 1.

It feels like it's been a while since we've gotten a grand Superman save feat, so that was nice.

"Superman just saved a Russian village." "I obviously can't trust Superman because he just bailed on me to save a bunch of non-American people!" - Lt. Anderson everybody. Although it was really surreal seeing Superman in Russia in light of recent news.

It was nice to see aunt Lucy bonding with her nephews over football and semi-reconciling with her sister up until, of course, Ally came up. Lucy is too stuck in her head to recognize how drugging someone against their will is a bad thing no matter the reason.

It's funny seeing Clark giving marital advice to Lana knowing that her and Kyle becoming a thing partially drove him to become Superman in Metropolis and meet Lois. It's unfathomable to imagine Lois ever cheating on Clark, but I guess, like with anything, Clark tries to be as reasonable as possible about a (very) theoretical situation and give advice to his oldest friend.

Jeez Kyle, 6 months and you took her to your house once? And he only broke it up after Sarah's accident, which while commendable, means he didn't do it for Lana despite how much he professes he loves her. And now Lana just isn't sure how she feels about him anymore. You made your bed Kyle, and now it's outside your own home.

I have to admit it always surprises me when the boys' powers don't act up during a game and cause an incident, but I guess that would be too big for the Kents to keep quiet.

Well, those soldiers can say they tussled with Superman even if it was only because of Red Sunlight. And they still got clobbered.

I think Jon is going to learn why dating your dealer is a bad idea especially when the police are starting to investigate the X-K. Also I guess fighting with his brother totally put him off the mood for some "alone time" in her car...

Can they actually charge Superman with treason? I mean, SUPERMAN isn't an American citizen; at most, they can say he's just based in America. Also, how does this help repair his relationship with the DOD? It's like Anderson is bucking for a DE-motion.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Another solid episode.

Jonathan, where do you go from here? You set records, but felt hollow. You rode home with mom while the cheerleader parked in a dark place to congratulate you.

It took all episode but we all knew the Lucy blow up was coming, so no surprise there.

Ally...could she be a unique to the show villain? Not based on a comic template?

You can't charge a non-military, non-citizen with treason. Seems the weakest bit of writing on this episode. However, Anderson and his higher-ups have some steel ones clanging around thinking they are going to get away with this. Does all this set up a path for Lane to return in some capacity from retirement? A sort of "you don't know what you had till it was gone" type set up?

No mention of John Henry or Natalie? That was a mis-step.

Lana with the bold move. Pick up your things when my car isn't there. Healing time needs....time.

We all know Bizarro isn't going to stay trapped so what happens next with him??? When he escapes he resumes mission...kill Ally? This will cause Ally to reveal any powers she has?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Can they actually charge Superman with treason? I mean, SUPERMAN isn't an American citizen; at most, they can say he's just based in America. Also, how does this help repair his relationship with the DOD? It's like Anderson is bucking for a DE-motion.
    The US government will do anything they feel they can get away with.

I assume Anderson told his boss that Superman was withholding Bizarro and that was enough to get her to sign off on this. But it'll still probably blow up in his face.

We're also assuming Superman isn't a US citizen in this iteration. Not that it matters. Antagonizing a being you really have no way of subduing should they turn against you (before they actually do) is pretty stupid.

He apparently did this with the authorization of his superiors, so I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    We're also assuming Superman isn't a US citizen in this iteration. Not that it matters. Antagonizing a being you really have no way of subduing should they turn against you (before they actually do) is pretty stupid.
    And sticking him with his radical brother...Anderson's just making all the bad plays.

Mighty Member

No the USA has to be at war for treason to be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    No the USA has to be at war for treason to be possible.
    This is not at all true.

Mighty Member

This is not at all true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason#United_States

Levying war against the United States or adhering to its enemies is in the constitution. It has usually required us to actually be at war with somebody which is why nobody got charged with it during the Vietnam war.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason#United_States

Levying war against the United States or adhering to its enemies is in the constitution. It has usually required us to actually be at war with somebody which is why nobody got charged with it during the Vietnam war.
    Yeah, I looked at that too before replying and it doesn't say we have to be at war. That's why it says "or."

Mighty Member

Yeah, I looked at that too before replying and it doesn't say we have to be at war. That's why it says "or."
    But how can you say that they are enemies without being at war? Look at the Rosenberg case. They provided nuclear secrets to the USSR but were not charged with treason but espionage. OTOH Tokyo Rose was charged with treason for broadcasting Japanese propaganda while a declared state of war was in effect.

Well, at least Tyler Hoechlin had the guts to publicly say something about the Arrowverse debate. And I agree with his answer.

TL,DR: He treats SAL like it's a clean slate from Supergirl.

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/superman...ng-arrowverse/
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 03-03-2022 at 02:45 AM.