Page 59 of 104 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

I also don't dislike the Lana storyline. In fact, I don't dislike any character whatsoever so far. Everybody has their purpose.

Incredible Member

I don't think that Kyle comes back from taking his mistress to their house to have sex.
    A married woman is not going to let something like that go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    LOL That would be funny, each season is about Kyle taking responsibility for something stupid he did, but each time whatever he did was bigger and worse than the last time.
    Wait until the fifth season when he actually becomes a rebooted Pariah...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I also don't dislike the Lana storyline. In fact, I don't dislike any character whatsoever so far. Everybody has their purpose.
    I don't dislike the Lana story, though I've had issues with how some of it has been handled. I wish the election storyline hadn't been sidelined though - I wouldn't think she'd be able to just take a break from dealing with being under the microscope to sort out her personal life. I'm sure they'll deal with it next ep, but it should be a constant presence and pressure in her life right now, where it's a consideration every time she does something. (like going to the bar where her husband's ex-mistress works, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I don't think that Kyle comes back from taking his mistress to their house to have sex.
    A married woman is not going to let something like that go.
    SMH

My favorite part:
    "I spoke to her..."
    *stammering* "look whatever she said--"
    "She said you were a good man."
    "--oh, well, see?"

Now that I think about it, since Kyle "ruined" everything, what's the over/under on him somehow becoming Ruin at some point?

Could they turn Kyle into Conduit...

I like how Kyle went from Pete Ross 2.0 to the next supervillian...Lol.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-06-2022 at 07:20 PM.

Mighty Member

Saw this show on HBO MAX. Is it possible to go into this show cold without having watched Tyler's appearance on the Arrowverse shows?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Saw this show on HBO MAX. Is it possible to go into this show cold without having watched Tyler's appearance on the Arrowverse shows?
    Yes as that's what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Absolutely. It really doesn't feel connected to the Arrowverse.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Absolutely. It really doesn't feel connected to the Arrowverse.
    You take out Diggle's one appearance and this would 100% be pretty much standalone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    Regarding Anderson.

He was never presented as a strong character at the beginning. Anderson was someone presented
    as someone who was struggling to replace Lane. The relationship with Superman was bad from the beginning.
    Then Anderson got rightly called on the carpet, his response was to essentially go nuclear. I don't see how
    Anderson can ever have a relationship that works with Superman now. I'm not Clark. But if it were me being
    called a traitor, dragged off after being shot with Kryptonite bullets, that is not something I'm likely to forget. That
    doesn't even include being held in prison with no trial. I think we can safely draw a line through Anderson from now on.

Lana

I really don't mind romantic plots. But I never really felt like the Kyle and Lana relationship was real. Maybe that
    was just the lack of chemistry with the actors. But they were never people you felt that you cared what happened to them
    as a couple. Maybe it is just Kyle. But he has from the beginning been presented as something of a jerk. As someone who
    grew up in a household with an alcoholic there was a lot that felt familiar. Without being mean here. Repeated falsehood
    is often part of the standard operating procedure. I think Kyle has burned a lot of bridges before we got to the ending point.

But there is part of me that wonders how exactly did Lana wind up with this guy? I mean it just didn't make a lot of sense.
    I suppose we can say well sometimes that is how love works. But they often seemed like a strange pairing. It definitely felt
    like Lana had married down.
    They got together in high school, much to Clark's disappointment. Martha even tried to comfort him. He left Smallville and on his first return a couple of years later, they were engaged. He moved to Metropolis and the rest is history.

They should have focused on th election plot and scrap the cheating one and still deal with the fallout of Kyle aligning with Esge last season and I don't it would have changed anything for the character apart from the unnecessary cheating drama, that wasn't helped by Sarah headscratcher of a coming out plot that also was tainted with some cheating.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 03-07-2022 at 08:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You take out Diggle's one appearance and this would 100% be pretty much standalone.
    I don't even recall a line of dialogue that would make it a problem but maybe there was one.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The complete non-mentioning of Kara still bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    The complete non-mentioning of Kara still bugs me.
    I get that the Supergirl show deserved to do its own thing especially since it came first, but they really painted this show into a corner with how they ended that show. How is S&L supposed to address her without acknowledging that she outed herself - and most likely Clark by association since it wasn't a secret that Kara and Clark were cousins. A show with someone of Superman's powers deals with global threats, so the question of "where's Kara" would come up a lot more. (unlike "Arrow", nobody expects him to reach out to Flash or Batwoman all the time since his threats are usually local)

That said, it does bug me too and I hope they are planning to find some way to incorporate it without too much strain. (I'm hoping for a two-parter where she guests and it ends with her leaving for the 31st century so they can acknowledge her but it won't be a constant issue. Don't know how to keep her outing canon without jeopardizing Clark though short of some "global memory loss" contrivance)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I get that the Supergirl show deserved to do its own thing especially since it came first, but they really painted this show into a corner with how they ended that show. How is S&L supposed to address her without acknowledging that she outed herself - and most likely Clark by association since it wasn't a secret that Kara and Clark were cousins. A show with someone of Superman's powers deals with global threats, so the question of "where's Kara" would come up a lot more. (unlike "Arrow", nobody expects him to reach out to Flash or Batwoman all the time since his threats are usually local)

That said, it does bug me too and I hope they are planning to find some way to incorporate it without too much strain. (I'm hoping for a two-parter where she guests and it ends with her leaving for the 31st century so they can acknowledge her but it won't be a constant issue. Don't know how to keep her outing canon without jeopardizing Clark though short of some "global memory loss" contrivance)
    People often gave Supergirl flack for how much the narrative (at least past the 1st season) would downplay Superman to prop up Kara, so it seems like this shows' response to that is to basically pretend Kara doesn't exist .