Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    When the news of this series broke I was all excited until they revealed that, then my excitement dropped like a rock and died. I keep saying I want Superman, yet they keep giving me Superdad.
    Agree. I don't want Superman and Lois playing second fiddle to the kids and their drama.

Wonder if this might lead to an introduction of the Legion (he said hopefully).
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    When the news of this series broke I was all excited until they revealed that, then my excitement dropped like a rock and died. I keep saying I want Superman, yet they keep giving me Superdad.
    Superdad is awesome. Supes being a dad is a natural progression for his character. Jonathan being introduced renewed my interest in Superman.

I liked Superdad. I liked Jon. I liked Rebirth overall (except most of Justice League). Let's not discuss the direction Bendis took though.

This... I don't know. I have reservations about it. I get why an age-up was coming for the upcoming series. But why not include say, Chris Kent instead of "Jordon Kent"?

I'll still watch the first few episodes at least, but this has got me hesitant.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would like them to reboot Jimmy with Crisis, but I don't think they'll write out Mehcad Brooks like that, so I wonder if they'll have a Jimmy equivalent.
    Why not? It's not as if they had any real love for either the actor or the character. He essentially turned into Supergirl's Laurel Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Because Superdad is an awesome concept.
    Disagree strongly. But you are entitled to your wrong opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Superdad is awesome. Supes being a dad is a natural progression for his character. Jonathan being introduced renewed my interest in Superman.
    Disagree. Not a natural progression. Has seriously been a blow to my interest in the character, and I love Superman.

To each their own, but I hate this change. There's just nothing there for me to grab onto, nothing there that piques my curiosity even a little with a concept. Basically everything people "love" about it makes me groan. I just don't understand this sudden need to make our heroes into parents.

will new villains be invented?

I hope that lesser villains get updated for the show, and folks can get seen who normally have never been used by now (has Metallo ever appeared on Supergirl, for example?). Ironically, the Supergirl show has been a venue for these folks since the films historically haven't delved that deep into the rogues' gallery.

I also hope that fans don't start over-reacting if folks like Mongul, Darkseid or Doomsday don't show up right away, or if some of them do, it's in a TV-budget-altered form. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I hope that lesser villains get updated for the show, and folks can get seen who normally have never been used by now (has Metallo ever appeared on Supergirl, for example?). Ironically, the Supergirl show has been a venue for these folks since the films historically haven't delved that deep into the rogues' gallery.
    In fact there have been five different Metallos on Supergirl. There was the John Corben version who in this iteration was created by Cadmus, along with an Asian man as the second Metallo. There was a CGI Metallo that was
    in the Crisis on Earth X crossover. There was another CGI Metallo hiding in Eve Teschmacher's secret lab. And Otis Graves (the brother of Mercy Graves) was turned into a Metallo by Lex Luthor after he was killed by a Hellgrammite.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Wonder if this might lead to an introduction of the Legion (he said hopefully).
    The Legion was already introduced on Supergirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Why not? It's not as if they had any real love for either the actor or the character. He essentially turned into Supergirl's Laurel Lance.
    I know they didn't use his character well but I never though it was out of any ill will between the actor and the writers. I don't think he was ever treated as badly as Katie Cassidy was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I also hope that fans don't start over-reacting if folks like Mongul, Darkseid or Doomsday don't show up right away, or if some of them do, it's in a TV-budget-altered form. We'll just have to see how it goes.
    It's Crisis so they're probably free to re-do villains Kara fought (if they wanted to).

BANNED

Is David Ramsay gonna be on this show?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Is David Ramsay gonna be on this show?
    I'm not sure if anyone knows what Ramsay is doing after Arrow.

I have to imagine they were planning the post-Crisis world with this new show in mind, so what does it mean that not only is Lex Luthor well-respected now, he and Supergirl used to work together and there's no way Lex was Superman's nemesis without Clark letting Kara know the truth about him. Are they going to try to say that Lex had been operating against him in secret the whole time or actually retcon out their enmity??

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I have to imagine they were planning the post-Crisis world with this new show in mind, so what does it mean that not only is Lex Luthor well-respected now, he and Supergirl used to work together and there's no way Lex was Superman's nemesis without Clark letting Kara know the truth about him. Are they going to try to say that Lex had been operating against him in secret the whole time or actually retcon out their enmity??
    I'd like it if the current Supergirl season ends with Lex moving back to Metropolis.

Retired

In the comics, for the second part of the 1980s and through the 1990s into the 2000s, the world saw Lex as a hero--even Supergirl had a thing for him--it was only Superman who knew he was a bad guy. Likewise on SMALLVILLE, while Lex made enemies, he was still considered a leading citizen and a captain of industry. Clark struggled to believe that Lex might be good and even when he did some of the most treacherous things, Clark held out hope that he could change and considered him his brother.