Page 61 of 104 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Any bets on who Tal-Rho's wife was?

I didn't think they'd kill off Bizarro so early but Anderson breaking bad was expected.

The Cushing drama and the fallout of Jon's drug use was alright.

It was a good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Not as well known???? To whom in the Western World? I'd argue if you know there is a Superman odds are you know there is a Supergirl. She has had media presence and other merch for decades.
    Same for Batgirl. Heck I'd argue some folks may have tuned into Batwoman not knowing there is a difference in the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Supergirl is in no way as well known as Superman. The general public has a very basic idea of her as just "female Superman" but that's it. They don't know her backstory, secret ID, etc anywhere nearly as well as they do Superman (if at all.)
    This. People knew that Supergirl existed, but not much beyond that. They don't know her history. Hell, DC doesn't even know her history, as they change it every few years. And there have been multiple iterations of the character- Kara Zor-El, Matrix, Cir-El, that Fallen Angel stuff that Peter David did. The show had the opportunity to create a whole new story for Supergirl. Whereas Superman's story has remained constant throughout the years, with the main differences being whether his human parents were alive or dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would be more work than I think the writers actually put into it .

I understand you want your main character to be the most important figure in the show (setting aside how often Kara would get sidelined to spotlight her supporting cast like other Arrowverse stars) but with Superman it got kind of excessive how much they had to downplay him to make Kara seem more important or capable instead of just depicting them more as equals.
    I think it only seemed excessive because of how little he was actually on the show. He only appeared about 8 times, and half of those were during crossovers. But I do agree that Supergirl got sidelined way too often on her own show.

"I don't care about a trial." Anderson straight up admitting he doesn't care about due process, he just wants to kill Bizarro and repair his image. Or just get payback for what he feels is a personal slight.

Well, Sarah's acting like Kyle's dead to her and Lana's barely keeping it together (and she comes from a broken home too, so this doubly hurts) but at least they have each other. To be honest Kyle looks like he's seen better days at the end, but at least Sarah is willing to talk to him.

Jon learns why you never date your dealer when you have to take the fall for their drugs and get caught with them. I get that Candice could probably lose everything if she gets caught (although apparently X-K isn't serious enough to press charges for, so...) and I admire Jon's integrity for not ratting her out, but this isn't going to end well for anyone.

Lois Lane realizing now as a newspaper publisher that, unfortunately, you can't publish your friends' campaign for free no matter how much you support them. Although it was nice to see Lois and Lana bonding again and relating to their family situations.

I don't think Lana is the only one who can cite "Family Values" as a point of pride, but it was pretty rough on Ead's part to harp on that while her marriage is falling apart. At least it gave her an opportunity to turn it around make people realize how much of a tool he is.

They're talking in Kryptonian! I love that!

Okay, admittedly them finding Bizarro's suit in the arctic Fortress is kind of concerning...but Clark didn't know about that. Although at this point Anderson will take any excuse to distrust and hate Superman.

I'm starting to think Anderson never actually got the approval from Hardcastle that he's saying he did given how many times she kept calling him and that his use the Kryptonite weapons and X-K to kill Bizarro wasn't at all authorized. But no surprise Anderson finally empowered himself and went over the edge.

I'm not sure how comfortable Sarah is unloading her family drama to the girl she kissed instead of her boyfriend. Like, okay, maybe said girl came from a broken family too and can relate better than Jordan but the way their hands brushed against each other...I'm not sure if I believe they're both 100% firm on just being friends.

So not only were Bizarro and Bizarro!Tal inseparable brothers, but Bizarro!Tal betrayed him for his wife...so who was said wife? Leslie Larr seems kind of obvious...Lana? Lucy? Ally!?

Lara freeing Bizarro to help her sons was a peak mom moment.

I love how Clark and Tal are feeling the effect of the Kryptonite while Bizarro is just standing around confused as to why they're reacting that way, and then the moment Anderson shoots him with a Kryptonite bullet and Bizarro just absorbs it. Although too bad Anderson figured out about Bizarro's weakness to X-K.

I'm surprised they actually killed Bizarro off. It felt like there was much more story still left to tell with him and what happened to him on Bizarro World. I mean, it makes me hate Anderson more, so there's that. And they never once actually called him Bizarro, which kind of stung.

At least it seems like teaming-up against Anderson has brought the Kryptonian brothers together and offered up a potential shot at redemption for Tal, and the military rightfully turns on Anderson and lets Superman go.

Wow, Clark read Jon the riot act. Like I thought Clark would be the one to go with the soft touch but he ripped Jon a new one. And you can tell that hurt the most, especially when Jon cried in the end. Poor kid.

Anderson gets warned that the true threat is Ally...immediately goes to her with the necklace she needs to achieve godhood and conquer the Earth. Yeah, Anderson really is the worst.

Incredible Member

Thoughts on the episode.

Overall it struck me as one of the best of the year. Something was hopping through the whole episode.

On Jon. This was inevitable that it would all come out, with everything cascading down. I don't think that Jon
    had any moral obligation to protect her. I mean people have to face up to their decisions. Nor do I think not talking to
    your mom and dad when it is Come to Jesus time was smart either. It just came across as I want to cover up for my decision process.

I do think that Lois and Clark could have handled it better. The first time Lois came in super-hot, which you can understand considering
    how upset Lois was. But losing your temper doesn't help things. Clark had some of that as well. It was nice to see Clark acting like a father,
    rather than feeling like he can't say certain things because he wants to be the boys pal. But he could have spent some time trying to figure
    out where Jon's decision making process looks like.

My wife and I had a mini-debate when we were watching these scenes. My wife felt that Jon would now do something even stupider. I thought
    Jon might straighten up now, but we will just have to wait and see.

I enjoyed watching the Kryptonian brothers. I too love it when people are speaking Kryptonian. The ending where Superman was saying you might
    get out of here, was nice.

I'm glad to see the fall of Anderson. It was pretty typical of him to want to seek out Ally. I do wonder about Hardcastle, who pretty much greenlit
    all of the crappy decisions that Anderson made. Of course, she had no idea that Anderson would go off the rails, but still.

I get the feeling that eventually Sarah will dump Jordan, to go off with Aubrey.

It didn't surprise me that we saw the end of Bizarro. I mean that wasn't intended to be permanent. My guess that Tal's wife in the other dimension was
    Ally.

It was a nice episode for Lana. I liked seeing Lana and Lois working the problem out together. I enjoyed seeing Lana call out Dean and his family values crap.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Another strong episode. Lots of other good recaps.

Ally as Tal's wife, I like that guess. It could also be easily true since we know two things: 1-mirror side 2-we haven't seen Mirror god-like Ally so her married to god-seeking Tal makes lots of sense.

Jon - there are two types of people you cover for: 1-family (It is not Jordan) 2-the gal stroking your....ego. How they've not put that together I'll not know.

Sarah....lets be honest Jordan's "new kid charm" is kind of gone and she is out of his league. I'm not saying she goes to Aubrey but I do think Jordan's time is nearing an end. Good for her to at least talk to her dad.

I could see Bizarro coming back somehow.

Anderson and Ally in bed, figuratively, should be interesting.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    Thoughts on the episode.

Overall it struck me as one of the best of the year. Something was hopping through the whole episode.

On Jon. This was inevitable that it would all come out, with everything cascading down. I don't think that Jon
    had any moral obligation to protect her. I mean people have to face up to their decisions. Nor do I think not talking to
    your mom and dad when it is Come to Jesus time was smart either. It just came across as I want to cover up for my decision process.

I do think that Lois and Clark could have handled it better. The first time Lois came in super-hot, which you can understand considering
    how upset Lois was. But losing your temper doesn't help things. Clark had some of that as well. It was nice to see Clark acting like a father,
    rather than feeling like he can't say certain things because he wants to be the boys pal. But he could have spent some time trying to figure
    out where Jon's decision making process looks like.

My wife and I had a mini-debate when we were watching these scenes. My wife felt that Jon would now do something even stupider. I thought
    Jon might straighten up now, but we will just have to wait and see.

I enjoyed watching the Kryptonian brothers. I too love it when people are speaking Kryptonian. The ending where Superman was saying you might
    get out of here, was nice.

I'm glad to see the fall of Anderson. It was pretty typical of him to want to seek out Ally. I do wonder about Hardcastle, who pretty much greenlit
    all of the crappy decisions that Anderson made. Of course, she had no idea that Anderson would go off the rails, but still.

I get the feeling that eventually Sarah will dump Jordan, to go off with Aubrey.

It didn't surprise me that we saw the end of Bizarro. I mean that wasn't intended to be permanent. My guess that Tal's wife in the other dimension was
    Ally.

It was a nice episode for Lana. I liked seeing Lana and Lois working the problem out together. I enjoyed seeing Lana call out Dean and his family values crap.
    I think Jon was protecting her because she said she'd basically lose everything if she got caught, so he was doing it for her sake. Actions have consequences, but I think he was genuinely trying to protect her.

I do feel like Clark and Lois haven't been as aware of Jon's insecurity issues or problems like they have been with Jordan and just assumed Jon is always hunky dory until he acts up.

RIP Bizarro...sheesh. Anderson is crazed. And Tal isn't as bad as I thought (well he was still bad until he took those bullets for Superman).

The consensus seems to be Tal was married to Ally? I thought he might be married to SuperLana. With any luck, Lana will finalize her divorce with Kyle and get together with Tal (okay, maybe that's a bit too far).

Lois continues to have the scariest mom tone ever. Clark was sterner than usual with Jon as well, but Lois...sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That said, it does bug me too and I hope they are planning to find some way to incorporate it without too much strain. (I'm hoping for a two-parter where she guests and it ends with her leaving for the 31st century so they can acknowledge her but it won't be a constant issue. Don't know how to keep her outing canon without jeopardizing Clark though short of some "global memory loss" contrivance)
    Didn't Mon-El say she would never visit their time or something? Kara has a new position at CatCo and a young niece, I wouldn't like bringing her on this show just to undo what happened in her finale.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    In my mind, though, there is a larger problem. In Supergirl, it was shown that Clark found her when she landed, then it looks like he almost immediately left her with the Danvers. And we never got the sense in how involved he was with her when she was growing up. Honestly, to me it always came off that he abandoned her to a human family and had nothing to do with her outside of texting for years. And that always put the Arrowverse's version of Superman in a bad light to me. So to see this Superman, a caring family man who does whatever it takes to take care of his family, is much different than the Superman we got on Supergirl.
    It's similar to Silver Age Superman leaving her at the Midvale Orphanage, but I get what you mean. It bugged me that on Supergirl, Clark didn't even propose to Lois until after she was pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    The consensus seems to be Tal was married to Ally? I thought he might be married to SuperLana. With any luck, Lana will finalize her divorce with Kyle and get together with Tal (okay, maybe that's a bit too far).
    It would explain the House Rho crest being on her uniform.

(Is the Lana plotline ever going to intersect with the main plot?).
    Didn't Mon-El say she would never visit their time or something? Kara has a new position at CatCo and a young niece, I wouldn't like bringing her on this show just to undo what happened in her finale.
    I guess Alex and Kelly's adopted kid counts as a cousin..technically?

I guess Alex and Kelly's adopted kid counts as a cousin..technically?
    I think that's why it's harder to like them in this season. They feel too seperate from the Bizarro/Alston plot. Where last season they humanized why someone would fall for a guy like Edge.

If anything they could reboot Kara or lean into the alternate universe stuff and do Power Girl from Earth 2.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-10-2022 at 12:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

One of the Cortez's will be recruited into the Cult eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    One of the Cortez's will be recruited into the Cult eventually
    Kyle is the safe bet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Kyle is the safe bet.
    He tends to be the first guy to fall for these sorts of things isn't he?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Darn it - next he's going to get into illegal street racing and chewing gum...

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Probably but to me, Lana and Sara have other coping mechanism and more proximity to the Kent's. So they'd be more aware of Allston versus Kyle whose on the outskirts of the cast.

Incredible Member

I love Power Girl. I mean she is a wonderful character.
    But she has been treated poorly by the comics.
    Which leads me to feel that TV will make it only worse.
    Certainly, it didn't feel to me that the TV show did Supergirl any favors.

I don't want to see Power Girl if they can't do her right.
    That means a brilliant, accomplished woman with tremendous abilities.
    I also wonder if the script writers can write the kind of sharp acerbic writing that she needs.
    I fear that if Power Girl ever shows up on TV they will present her as some airhead, ditzy blonde.
    No thanks.