Page 67 of 104 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1549

It couldn't be an episode set in Bizarro World without them doing a reverse of the intro.

Superman crossing dimensions is probably one of the coolest sequences the show has ever done. As well as him healing in real time. And comic-accurate cube Bizzaro World! They actually did it! And literally everything that is circular or a sphere on that Earth becomes a cube. Even billiards! I love it!

The Fortress of Solitude Museum! Was that the Warsuit and the Bottle City of Kandor I saw?

You can see Clark realizing to himself how badly he left things with Jon when he saws how Bizarro!Jon reacts to the news about his father. Hopefully they can mend their relationship. Actually it was kind of interesting to see how the El Family drama here mirrored or reversed the Kent Family drama in season 1.

So Bizarro!Kal was seemingly always Kal-El, never Clark, and was pretty much 100% a Superhero, but that had the drawback of turning him into more of a celebrity and taking him away from his family, to the point that he didn't have the emotional connection to his son or the grounding element to prevent Jon from feeling empty enough to fall prey to Ally. And to top off the celebrity aspect, they were treating his Kryptonite addiction like a performance enhancer. Also he was so into his celebrity lifestyle that he completely missed someone was about to die in front of him before Jon stepped in. He also seemed way more emotionally unstable than normal Clark, but having your family fall apart will do that to you.

Bizarro!Jon, of course, has powers...and basically becomes the Metropolis Kid, with the sunglasses and everything, but he doesn't like Superboy. And he feels like a shallow shell of himself which makes it easy for his girlfriend to introduce him to Ally and basically kick off everything that happened. And while you might be quickly fooled into thinking he's an ally, he's far from it.

Bizarro!Lois, AKA Kidder!Lois, didn't seem all that different from normal Lois, although she ends up taking Jordan and leaving Clark which shows how bad this universe gets. I guess she also wasn't there for her kids like the real Lois and wasn't able to work with Clark the way they work so well in the main universe which is part of why things got so bad.

Bizarro!Jordan is...basically a little more emo version of Jordan, and without the powers he's even more withdrawn and moody, but it seems like his heart is still in the right place.

Bizarro!Sam seemed...basically the same, except for I guess it seemed like he was always there for his daughters in this universe. Which I guess is kind of sad, in a way.

Like, what was Anderson's plan? He said the other Ally had a back-up plan? Even though she didn't? Did he not trust Ally on some level and wanted to verify what was going on with his own eyes? Did he want to be the one to merge with his other self? I'm still confused exactly what happened there.

I can't believe the show is actually redeeming Anderson. Not only does he witness himself get murdered in front of his eyes, turned into a fugitive (again), stuck in a world where no one understands him, but he finds out the man he killed was a father just trying to save his family, with said family taking him in, and that the Superman he knew had a family and he was wrong about everything the whole time. He finally understands who Superman really is after a season worth of Clark trying to get through to him. Anderson even apologized. I'm still expecting Anderson to kick the bucket but I at least won't welcome it as much.

Like how powerful is Anderson hopped up on X-K? He's just throwing people around like a ragdoll.

Bizarro!Chrissy seems like a more punk Goth version of normal Chrissy, but still a good person trying to run an honest paper, although now it's actually a fairly busy compared to the normal Earth. Also, "Olsen?" Was Jimmy off-screen or was that lady supposed to be a gender-flipped Bizarro!Jimmy?

I'm sure the Ally's gaining godlike powers makes them more amenable to the billions of people subsumed when the worlds merge. They should stop acting like they give a hoot about anyone other than themselves.

The most uneblievable part of the whole episode was Lana Lang, even with powers, being able to handle Superman in any way shape or form.

Bizarro!Tal is a loyal and dedicated brother, and even when he falters by throwing in with his wife and Ally, he still comes through for our Clark to make up for failing Bizarro. Also, I guess in general Tal has a Lana Lang fetish.

Bizarro!Lana is sexy evil Lana, basically. Which surprisingly works.

So, what, is Bizarro!Jon going to try and fuse with regular Jon? Is Jon going to be tempted if he thinks it means he'll finally be whole and have powers even though his parents know better?

Now THAT is what I'd call a comeback! Epic stuff, really. Lot's of interesting character spins on Bizarro's world, to say the least.

Was there a reason Superman couldn't just destroy the amulet when he had it?

I think this was one of the show's better episodes yet, really liked it, actually wish they made it a two-parter. I wanted to see where John Henry and Kyle were. Also Natalie and Sarah would never have been born in Bizzaro world. What would Ally's plan do to them, or Clark since his counterpart is dead. Turns out Bizzaro wasn't the solider he claimed to be, but instead a junkie celebrity. And none of his family were remotely surprised that their Kal was dead. Or even need to hear it directly turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Was there a reason Superman couldn't just destroy the amulet when he had it?
    I feel like he probably would have if he could. So I guess they're very tough.

It was a great episode but I'm wondering what the next 4 are gonna be about. Ally merged is still too vaguely defined to hold your attention for that long. I'm hoping next episode clears up that aspect.

Cheesy as it was, I loved the square Earth stuff on Bizarro World. Women's fashion is so ugly, though.

I can't see any Earth where Jordan has the look and attitude of the 90's Superboy, so it makes sense that it would have to be Jon El to fit that role. That whole family had serious problems, though. It hurt to see Jon attack our Superman like that.

The idea of merging people sounds scary, but it could work out great for Tal if he ends up more like the Bizarro World version. This show is actually making me ship Tal and Lana.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Jerry Seinfeld is President. Ha! Ha!
    It's only right considering what Seinfeld did to introduce the word "bizarro" to the wider public.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Fortress of Solitude Museum! Was that the Warsuit and the Bottle City of Kandor I saw?
    That was definitely Kandor, but I was thinking that was the Lexosuit.

So, what, is Bizarro!Jon going to try and fuse with regular Jon? Is Jon going to be tempted if he thinks it means he'll finally be whole and have powers even though his parents know better?
    Maybe this is how Jon gets powers finally.

Astonishing Member

Awesome episode. About the Pendants, can this version of Kal make it to the Sun? That's the way to go with them. Loved the square Earth and Sun! Loved the different personality of Bizarro Kal. Lana - going to ditch for good her wayward husband and hook up with Tal in the round world? How did she get powers - Green K inhalers?

This show shows why the rest of the Arrowverse is so poorly written and plotted. Only some of Arrow matched it. Those canceled shows are no loss.

Mighty Member

Have to wait until the 31st to see the ramifications of the identity reveal. Darn!

It's very interesting how John Henry interacts with Nat as opposed to how L & C talk to their kids and Lana/Kyle do Sarah. Different parenting techniques that lead to different results.

Welp, Jordan's first bout against Bizarro!Jon sure went...about how I expected it too.

Oh no, Jordan is the kind of ex-boyfriend who constantly texts you back to try and get together. That's usually a big red flag.

Lana seemed...oddly offended that Clark seemed to have other things on his mind than talking to her. Like, yeah, it's weird he didn't congratulate her on her mayoral win and seemed so confused, but still.

Lana with that mayoral swag of gifting her daughter her own car. After everything Sarah's been through, it's a nice gesture.

I was hoping Clark and Jon could finally reconnect in this episode, but they still seem to have an issue properly communicating even though Clark wants to be clear with Jon that he loves him, but he's still taking the moral high ground and not seeing things from Jon's perspective. Admittedly Lois maybe should have chimed in there.

I get why she is that way, but Natalie's a bit of a Debbie Downer. But at least she got to help her dad come up with a way to oppose the Bizarro's, and maybe get a suit empowered by X-K which is their main weakness?

This week in unreasonable teenagers, we have Jon being frustrated that Clark wouldn't risk his secret identity and life while in public because he's still steaming mad at his dad and Jordan gets mad at his mom for making small talk with his ex-girlfriend to try to smooth things over (which wasn't even intentional, Lois just found Sarah there) and asking like his mom needed his position to do it.

Oh dear lord, Jordan was going to reveal it to Sarah in the letter. This letter he basically tried to force on her when she was emotionally distressed because all he really cares about is being together with her. Like, that was probably the main reason Jordan wanted Clark to come out to Lana because it means he can tell Sarah. Can this kid think of nothing else other than this relationship? Sarah seems to have already moved on.

Lois seems done with secrets, although I'm not sure if Clarks' secret is what's hurting the family so much as all the other secrets (Jon's emotional issues, Lois' reporter fibs about Lucy, etc.) I guess it's the reason Jordan's so stressed but that felt more reasonable. Is Lois advocating that they tell everybody or just the Cushings? Frankly I was more on Clarks' side in this, although I can understand why it's difficult lying to a distraught girl about where her mom is when you know better, but they were also trying to alleviate Sarah's stress.

John Henry Irons realized too late that Red Sun beams would actually empower someone from BizarroWorld. I guess you don't think logically about how everything is reversed on that Earth until it's too late.

I guess it was always going to come down to Superboy vs Superboy...and Jordan gets his butt whooped, at least up until the Yellow Sun seems to finally weaken Boyzarro enough for him to unlock flight and beat him. He still needs to learn to stick the descent though.

I can't say I'm all that invested in Clark telling Lana his secret (and it looks like next episode she'll be doing the usual haranguing over the fact that he never told her that should be fun (sarcasm)) but I can relate to his feeling like this is one of the hardest things he's had to do, emotionally.

Welp, Jordan's first bout against Bizarro!Jon sure went...about how I expected it too.

Oh no, Jordan is the kind of ex-boyfriend who constantly texts you back to try and get together. That's usually a big red flag.

Lana seemed...oddly offended that Clark seemed to have other things on his mind than talking to her. Like, yeah, it's weird he didn't congratulate her on her mayoral win and seemed so confused, but still.

Lana with that mayoral swag of gifting her daughter her own car. After everything Sarah's been through, it's a nice gesture.

I was hoping Clark and Jon could finally reconnect in this episode, but they still seem to have an issue properly communicating even though Clark wants to be clear with Jon that he loves him, but he's still taking the moral high ground and not seeing things from Jon's perspective. Admittedly Lois maybe should have chimed in there.

I get why she is that way, but Natalie's a bit of a Debbie Downer. But at least she got to help her dad come up with a way to oppose the Bizarro's, and maybe get a suit empowered by X-K which is their main weakness?

This week in unreasonable teenagers, we have Jon being frustrated that Clark wouldn't risk his secret identity and life while in public because he's still steaming mad at his dad and Jordan gets mad at his mom for making small talk with his ex-girlfriend to try to smooth things over (which wasn't even intentional, Lois just found Sarah there) and asking like his mom needed his position to do it.

Oh dear lord, Jordan was going to reveal it to Sarah in the letter. This letter he basically tried to force on her when she was emotionally distressed because all he really cares about is being together with her. Like, that was probably the main reason Jordan wanted Clark to come out to Lana because it means he can tell Sarah. Can this kid think of nothing else other than this relationship? Sarah seems to have already moved on.

Lois seems done with secrets, although I'm not sure if Clarks' secret is what's hurting the family so much as all the other secrets (Jon's emotional issues, Lois' reporter fibs about Lucy, etc.) I guess it's the reason Jordan's so stressed but that felt more reasonable. Is Lois advocating that they tell everybody or just the Cushings? Frankly I was more on Clarks' side in this, although I can understand why it's difficult lying to a distraught girl about where her mom is when you know better, but they were also trying to alleviate Sarah's stress.

John Henry Irons realized too late that Red Sun beams would actually empower someone from BizarroWorld. I guess you don't think logically about how everything is reversed on that Earth until it's too late.

I guess it was always going to come down to Superboy vs Superboy...and Jordan gets his butt whooped, at least up until the Yellow Sun seems to finally weaken Boyzarro enough for him to unlock flight and beat him. He still needs to learn to stick the descent though.

I can't say I'm all that invested in Clark telling Lana his secret (and it looks like next episode she'll be doing the usual haranguing over the fact that he never told her that should be fun (sarcasm)) but I can relate to his feeling like this is one of the hardest things he's had to do, emotionally.
    How is Jonathan being unreasonable? Clark wasn't in danger from Bizarro Jon, Lana was. If Clark had taken him out then and there, he never would have escaped and then come back to abduct Lana. What's more important, Clark's secret or Lana's life?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How is Jonathan being unreasonable? Clark wasn't in danger from Bizarro Jon, Lana was. If Clark had taken him out then and there, he never would have escaped and then come back to abduct Lana. What's more important, Clark's secret or Lana's life?
    Lana's life but it's not like Clark was going to let Bizarro!Jon attack Lana anymore than he wanted to start a fight in public in the town in his civilian clothes. And it's not like Jon tried to understand Clark's perspective either or how much he has to restrain himself (and why).

Well, it's the CW. So no.

That's an easy mistake to make. Though I'm baffled how he isn't dead after a Kryptonian practically pulled a Hulk on him.

I did love the Wile E. Coyote moment where he was hovering in the air, looks down, looks back up, and THEN starts falling.

One problem I do have- Lana pulled that kryptonite out of Superman's chest- but she just put it down beside him. She didn't throw it across the room, or put it into some kind of lead-lined container. It was just sitting there. So logically, Superman should have still been weakened.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That's an easy mistake to make. Though I'm baffled how he isn't dead after a Kryptonian practically pulled a Hulk on him.
    To be honest I was expecting it would bring back his head trauma.
    One problem I do have- Lana pulled that kryptonite out of Superman's chest- but she just put it down beside him. She didn't throw it across the room, or put it into some kind of lead-lined container. It was just sitting there. So logically, Superman should have still been weakened.
    Maybe he had enough energy to spurt out of there before it hit him enough.