Page 69 of 104 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1548
    Astonishing Member

The show continues to be great. Yep, the close Kryptonite was a mistake. Lana having a yen for Superman was a neat nuance. Cup of Coffee - yeah!

I'll go out on a limb, with all the portal openings - wonder if Evil Kal from John Henry's world doesn't pop in to the fray in the finale.

I don't think we will see Kara or any of other Arrowverse folks. That's good, IMHO, given the way those shows fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But that would've had its own consequences.
    Worse than letting a hostile Kryptonian escape?

And, honestly, Lana distracted him enough that Jon-El was able to escape.
    I'm not blaming the woman who wasn't aware of the danger she was in.

Hell, if not for Sarah mentioning she bumped into Jon-El, they may have never known he'd captured Lana until it was too late.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Hell, if not for Sarah mentioning she bumped into Jon-El, they may have never known he'd captured Lana until it was too late.
    That wasn't an accident. Jon-El expected Sarah to tell the Kents as he captured Lana to lure Superman into his trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Worse than letting a hostile Kryptonian escape?
    I mean, exposing himself and his family and having a brawl in Smallville? I'm not saying it was the 100% right call but I can see why Clark acted the way he did.
    I'm not blaming the woman who wasn't aware of the danger she was in.
    I wasn't blaming Lana either, I was just explaining Clark's perspective.

Mighty Member

Great episode. Wondering if Lana now has reservations about Jordan dating Sarah?

They cut out a scene. Allie shows up, cut to commercial and when they get back John Henry is throwing a hammer at her and Superman is flying after the pendant and he and Tal are weakened from Allie. So the scene were Allie symphony their power was left out.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Cue Clark and Lana childhood romance montage to fill in the blanks of their relationship and history together in a second to add more emotional weight to Lana realizing Clark was Superman! And Lana...implying she may have left Kyle for Clark if he'd been honest with her and wanted her back? It seemed like, at least at the point where Clark saw her with Kyle, she may have been still pining for him after he abruptly left Smallville.

"Pete?" Wait, is that the first time they've mentioned Pete Ross in the entire show?

Jordan really has a one-track mind when it comes to getting back together with Sarah, huh? Clark tells Lana and he immediately jumps to Sarah. Calm down, boy.

Of course Clark won't leave Bizarroverse to fend for itself without a protector while Sam and John Henry are willing to write it off as not their problem. Luckily he can always throw it in their faces that they were planning to kill him in season 1 and we saw how that turned out.

I guess that's one way for Jon to get out of (somewhat justified) guilt-tripping from his former football teammates by going all "the world is doomed!" Like, jeez Jon.

I can't say I expected Lana to blow up at Lois like that over Clark. How dare Lois naturally become friends with her and provide a reasonable and compassionate emotional sounding board while keeping an important secret about her husband that wasn't always personally relevant to Lana! And then Lois ends up apologizing to Lana and talking about how much they all love her. Is Lois just going to apologize to everybody this season? It seems like all she gets to do other than get yelled at, moody, or be angry. I feel like this might've hit better if the audience cared more about Lana than they do Lois (which is probably not the case).

Jon better not take Natalie's suit from her. I know she said he could use it, but that should totally be her suit.

Teenagers trying to prove that they can get stuff done unsupervised...only to end up nearly proving why they shouldn't do stuff unsupervised. Teenagers, amirite?

If only Kyle had seen his wife flirting with Superman.

Admittedly that was a pretty heartfelt and genuine apology by Tal to Lois. It seems like he really has changed for the better, and ultimately he never betrayed his brother and helped them destroy the amulet. And, yeah, he escaped, but he helped them and I doubt he has any villainous intentions at this point. But we might not see him come back until the finale. Lois seems like she's accepted him in her own way. I guess she can relate to a wayward sibling given what happened with Lucy.

Seems like Sarah might have a promising music career in her future. Gotta be weird getting a gig from the girl your dad was cheating on your mom with.

I don't really care for the Kents having a relationship with Lana's family but Clark looked so crushed that Lana basically wanted their families to have nothing to do with each other. I doubt Jordan will take it well.

It's kind of ironic that our Tal ended up free and alive while Bizzaro!Tal ended up imprisoned and killed, poor guy. Did Bizarro!Lana know Ally was going to do that to her husband? Did she even care?

I guess we see the truth about Ally. It seemed like one of the Ally's was actually terrified of the merger, meaning either one was subsumed or it's not the saving grace Ally advertised it as. And now she's a Parasite who can absorb the powers of other and leave them husks in true comic book Parasite fashion, and it seems like she still has a plan for merging the worlds (or maybe finding a way to consume everything).

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They cut out a scene. Allie shows up, cut to commercial and when they get back John Henry is throwing a hammer at her and Superman is flying after the pendant and he and Tal are weakened from Allie. So the scene were Allie symphony their power was left out.
    Right?! I thought I had missed something.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Good episode.

I can only imagine what a real world equivalent secret would be but Lana is for sure still processing.
    She is going through the paces of trying to figure out what is best and how to juggle the info just as Clark and Lois have been doing.
    In the episode she went from being Ok with Clark, to mad at Lois, then ok with Lois BUT not wanting their families to be tight. Thus keeping the secret 'till she figures out if it really is best to tell Sarah et al.

I think this was the first mention of Pete in the series. @Frontier

I miss Bizarro Superman and dislike he was a red herring in favor of an OC baddie in Allie.

Nice to see Natalie, Jonathan and Jordan really continuing to come together even if Natalie is still needing time to process Clark.

Question I can probably google but...: Was Sarah's song a real song? Curious to hear more of that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The scene is there on Youtube. Tal rushes Allie, gets drained, Allie flies off. Clark goes after Allie, catches up to her but starts to get drained, John drops the hammer on her. She drops the pendant, Clark grabs it and goes back to Tal, and the two of them destroy it. Not sure if the scene got edited out of the broadcast for commercials.

I had a thought a few days ago. What if the Lucy we've been seeing isn't the real Lucy, but her doppleganger? And maybe the real Lucy is trapped on the other world?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

I had a thought a few days ago. What if the Lucy we've been seeing isn't the real Lucy, but her doppleganger? And maybe the real Lucy is trapped on the other world?
    I don't see how that plot point would make sense. Physically going between the two worlds is new and they established Lucy as being an Ally disciple for a long time.

The scene is there on Youtube. Tal rushes Allie, gets drained, Allie flies off. Clark goes after Allie, catches up to her but starts to get drained, John drops the hammer on her. She drops the pendant, Clark grabs it and goes back to Tal, and the two of them destroy it. Not sure if the scene got edited out of the broadcast for commercials.
    Weird, I saw all of that but I also watch live via Youtube TV and not regular cable.

I watched it on TV and I believe I saw that scene.

Now that you mention it, I don't think we ever saw Bizarro!Lucy in the Bizzaroworld episode.

Scene was not on CW last night. I rewound to look when I saw John Henry s hammer come from nowhere. But there was about 5 minutes of commercials during the break.

I'll check out YouTube.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Scene was not on CW last night. I rewound to look when I saw John Henry s hammer come from nowhere. But there was about 5 minutes of commercials during the break.

I'll check out YouTube.
    I wonder if the show ran long and they had to make cuts for broadcast. I remember The WB did that with 'Once More, With Feeling' in Buffy, where I think an entire number got cut out to make room for commercials. I guess that's the advantage of living in the digital age- they can make those cuts, but then air the unedited show on the app, or put it out digitally.