Page 7 of 103 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Release and new poster

Here's the synopsis:

In Superman & Lois, after years of facing megalomaniacal supervillains, monsters wreaking havoc on Metropolis, and alien invaders intent on wiping out the human race, the world’s most famous superhero, The Man of Steel aka Clark Kent (Tyler Hoechlin, “Teen Wolf”) and comic books’ most famous journalist, Lois Lane (Elizabeth Tulloch, “Grimm”), come face to face with one of their greatest challenges ever - dealing with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society. Complicating the already daunting job of raising two boys, Clark and Lois must also concern themselves with whether or not their sons Jonathan (Jordan Elsass, “Little Fires Everywhere”) and Jordan (Alexander Garfin, “The Peanuts Movie”) could inherit their father’s Kryptonian superpowers as they grow older. Returning to Smallville to handle some Kent family business, Clark and Lois are reacquainted with Lana Lang (Emmanuelle Chriqui, “Entourage”), a local loan officer who also happens to be Clark’s first love, and her Fire Chief husband Kyle Cushing (Erik Valdez, “Graceland”). The adults aren’t the only ones rediscovering old friendships in Smallville as the Kent sons are reacquainted with Lana and Kyle’s rebellious daughter, Sarah (Inde Navarrette, “Wander Darkly”). Of course, there’s never a dull moment in the life of a superhero, especially with Lois’ father, General Samuel Lane (Dylan Walsh, “Nip/Tuck”) looking for Superman to vanquish a villain or save the day at a moment’s notice. Meanwhile, Superman and Lois’ return to idyllic Smallville is set to be upended when a mysterious stranger (Wolé Parks, “All American”) enters their lives. Based on the characters from DC created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, Superman & Lois is written and executive produced by Todd Helbing (“The Flash”) and executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, Geoff Johns. The series is from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.
    So it's not even set in Metropolis? This sounds more and more like Smallvile 2.0. And instead of guest staring on Supergirl, Superman will be guest staring on his own damn show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So it's not even set in Metropolis? This sounds more and more like Smallvile 2.0. And instead of guest staring on Supergirl, Superman will be guest staring on his own damn show.
    It's not really "his" show, it's "their" show. At this point you surely don't expect a CW superhero show to not be ensemble, and not focus on childhood angst.

And besides, Superman isn't a very interesting character, even when you have the budget to give him powers

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post
    It's not really "his" show, it's "their" show. At this point you surely don't expect a CW superhero show to not be ensemble, and not focus on childhood angst.

And besides, Superman isn't a very interesting character, even when you have the budget to give him powers
    I don't mind him sharing the show with Lois; I just expected it to be set in Metropolis. And not having to deal with the old 'first love', or the inevitable fight between his two sons over Lana's daughter.

I don't mind him sharing the show with Lois; I just expected it to be set in Metropolis. And not having to deal with the old 'first love', or the inevitable fight between his two sons over Lana's daughter.
    Nothing there states the show won't also be set in metropolis as well. They can live in Smallville yet, have the important stuff happen in the city. Wasn't that Smallville from season 5 onward? Or the early run of Tomasi's Superman run? Lois is still working for the Daily Planet too, you even see it in the poster. It''ll have it's fill of Smallville, but I doubt it'll over shadow most of the Metropolis stuff.

I hope there's a good balance between Smallville and Metropolis, but I wouldn't be surprised if they put more emphasis on Smallville so as to not take away from Supergirl having National City (which basically is Metropolis).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope there's a good balance between Smallville and Metropolis, but I wouldn't be surprised if they put more emphasis on Smallville so as to not take away from Supergirl having National City (which basically is Metropolis).
    I always thought that Metropolis was an ersatz New York City and National City was Los Angeles. They have even shown Metropolis on Supergirl a few times so they aren't the same place.
    I am pretty sure National City is on the west coast and Metropolis is on the east coast, and Gotham City seems to be Chicago. Not sure how Supergirl having a home city precludes Superman
    from having his own home city. Flash, Black Lighting, and Green Arrow have their own home city too so Superman would be the odd man out if he doesn't have Metropolis.

Also, Smallville was about more than just the city, it's premise was that Superman wasn't a thing yet.

In this show, Superman has been an experienced superhero for years.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Nothing there states the show won't also be set in metropolis as well. They can live in Smallville yet, have the important stuff happen in the city. Wasn't that Smallville from season 5 onward? Or the early run of Tomasi's Superman run? Lois is still working for the Daily Planet too, you even see it in the poster. It''ll have it's fill of Smallville, but I doubt it'll over shadow most of the Metropolis stuff.
    More or less what I'm expecting. Worth noting though that in that show it always felt like Smallville and Metropolis were at the very least in the same state. Even characters without superspeed seemed to bounce back and forth like it wasn't a big deal.
    In Earth Prime, Kansas and Metropolis are apparenly looks like Metropolis is in New Jersey and we know Smallville is in Kansas. Obviously not a problem for the Kents/Lanes, who can just whoosh over there or have Clark whoosh them over there. But you probably shouldn't see say Lana randomly dropping by the Daily Planet or Perry, if he's still around, casually visiting the Kent farm.

Also Arrowverse Gotham is in Wisconsin? Never pictured it there, but sure, why not.

Superman and Batwoman are planned to have a cross-over next year:
    https://deadline.com/2020/05/the-cw-...21-1202934828/

Two hour event, planned to be filmed at some point next year.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    More or less what I'm expecting. Worth noting though that in that show it always felt like Smallville and Metropolis were at the very least in the same state. Even characters without superspeed seemed to bounce back and forth like it wasn't a big deal.
    In Earth Prime, Kansas and Metropolis are apparenly looks like Metropolis is in New Jersey and we know Smallville is in Kansas. Obviously not a problem for the Kents/Lanes, who can just whoosh over there or have Clark whoosh them over there. But you probably shouldn't see say Lana randomly dropping by the Daily Planet or Perry, if he's still around, casually visiting the Kent farm.

Also Arrowverse Gotham is in Wisconsin? Never pictured it there, but sure, why not.
    Yeah, I always got the idea from Smallville that the City and Smallville itself weren't too far off from each other, definitely the same state. It genuinely worked since you'd usually see people who lived in the city pop up at a moments notice on the farm, so the distance definitely wasn't too much. I remember Chloe was interning at the DP while still living in Smallville in the early seasons. And how it didn't take Clark to long to run from the farm to the city in the early seasons, even when his Superspeed was still relatively slower. I'm not sure I'm in love with the idea of it being so far away now, though. It'll take some getting used to. I guess we'll see. The boys will go to school in Smallville I take it, so won't be a problem for them. But Lois even if Clark can fly her, it still seems strange. I wouldn't mind if they changed it honestly, and made it closer.
    Last edited by GSman; 05-15-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Yeah, I always got the idea from Smallville that the City and Smallville itself weren't too far off from each other, definitely the same state. It genuinely worked since you'd usually see people who lived in the city pop up at a moments notice on the farm, so the distance definitely wasn't too much. I remember Chloe was interning at the DP while still living in Smallville in the early seasons. And how it didn't take Clark to long to run from the farm to the city in the early seasons, even when his Superspeed was still relatively slower. I'm not sure I'm in love with the idea of it being so far away now, though. It'll take some getting used to. I guess we'll see. The boys will go to school in Smallville I take it, so won't be a problem for them. But Lois even if Clark can fly her, it still seems strange. I wouldn't mind if they changed it honestly, and made it closer.
    They either indicated or outright said that in the Smallville TV show Metropolis was in Kansas. Seemed kind of odd to me because in real life there are no big cities in Kansas. Wichita is something like 380 thousand.
    But it was a fantasy TV show, so oh well.

BANNED

this just doesn't look like i'm going to enjoy it.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Here's the synopsis:

"After years of more interesting stories, here's suburban Superman- enjoy!"

Sounds way worse than anything I could have expected. I guess I just expected a Superman joint in the style of an Asylum movie, which would have at least been fun to laugh at.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-17-2020 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    "After years of more interesting stories, here's suburban Superman- enjoy!"

Sounds way worse than anything I could have expected. I guess I just expected a Superman joint in the style of an Asylum movie, which would have at least been fun to laugh at.
    Well, more like Clark Kent in a suburban setting. I imagine Superman will probably still have a global/Metropolis focus.