Page 88 of 104 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1549

Gotta be honest, after season 2 I did not expect Lois and Candice to get along so well. Although just when things are going swimmingly in the family, they throw a wrench in Jon and Candice's relationship. Nice timing, huh?

I wish my alternate universe grandpa took me ATV riding. Sam was in full overprotective grandpa mode this episode too. No wonder Nat called him that in the end!

Matteo is definitely dedicated, I just can't tell whether that dedication is romantic or suspicious. I guess sometimes you just go hard for a girl you're really interested in even if you barely know her...but I feel like there's more to it.

I guess Kyle teaching Jon to be a firefighter will give Kyle more to do than romancing Chrissy, who is falling harder for him just as she seems to be working more with Lana. Obviously setting up some drama there, though you'd think Lana would probably hear of her ex-husband dancing with Chrissy the way the Smallville rumor mill spreads.

I see Dean Jr. is about as much of an abrasive jerk as Dean Sr., though I guess he just took his dads death really hard and isn't a bad guy deep down. I'm glad Lana didn't go too hard on him and Sarah and would rather let bygones be bygones with Dean's memory by the end.

Deeper look at cancer treatment and the handling of it than you usually see in Superhero shows. Really makes you feel for what the Kents, and people with cancer, are going through.

Clark Kent and the cancer ladies! Those two didn't know they were talking to Superman, but they still really put things into perspective for him.

Man, Lois got caught quick, though I guess Manheim knew to expect her.

It's funny how we thought we were getting a black Lex Luthor initially for this show but now we've got Manheim who basically is black Lex Luthor. I think he's probably completely genuine about wanting to help people with terminal diseases like his mom had, yet I'm not sure all the human experimentation, Supervillains, and weapons are really necessary on that front.

Deadline is a pretty obscure Starman villain. It was nice to see Superman fight someone with non-Kryptonian powers for once and to see Superman overcome them (even if they got what they wanted in the end).

Man, long-distance really screws up Jon's love life, huh? Although I guess that's typical whenever a relationship is running smoothly.

The Cush can bust a move! No wonder Chrissy is getting serious about him. This season is like the redemption of Kyle Cushing.

Somehow it does not surprise me that Sam hasn't had time for romance since his wife left him. Can't quite say I was expecting to see him get into online dating though. Will anything come of it?

Take a shot every time says "I know I should be doing ____ but I'll be doing that after I do ____" this season. Though a dance with the family is better than a run of the mill school dance.

Was not expecting them to bring back Bizarro. I guess they'll revive him like they revived Miller?

Astonishing Member

Nice episode, Supes forgets his speed, yet again for most superhero fights. But that's ok. The cancer is a serious play and points out that guys who punch fast aren't always the world saviors.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Had no idea DEADLINE was a Starman(Will Payton) villain.

Deadline.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Had no idea DEADLINE was a Starman(Will Payton) villain.
    Wow. I literally just found out myself - thanks! Is it just me, or during the whole fight, I kept thinking, "Just eye-beam that drive-thingie!" He clearly saw the big display that the files were downloading. Instead he got distracted fighting a phantom.

I was afraid "The Cush" was about to do something cringey - but I guess that was the point. It did turn out better than I thought and at least he chose a good song.

As contrived as it was that Lana happened upon them just as she took that drink, I'm glad it resolved itself well. The debate prior to that - how the mayor had been corrupt while also doing good things for the community was a nice bit of nuanced storytelling I don't necessarily expect from the CW on a side character. (unlike whatsername's dad who's been presented as just a low-life)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-14-2023 at 05:47 AM.

Astonishing Member

Yep, as usual Speedsters forget their speed to throw haymakers at non speeding opponents. The dance was fun - a little touch on Footloose. Clark does get beat up alot and lots of Green K available it seems.

This is the problem with FTL folks, in most cases no fight or incident should last more than a nanosecond. Just a comic curse, like Bats just not killing Joker.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Sara has largely been toxic imo since season one.

And yes i grew up with a mother who tolerated zero disrespect under her roof from her child. So id have gotten knocked into next week diservedly so for mouthing off like that.
    yeah....my mom and stepdad would punch me
    my mom would go crazy on me
    I would turn my back towards her to avoid being punched in the face, and so I'd get hit a lot on the back ......my spine would get a hit a lot
    she always had quite the temper
    Last edited by Starrius; 04-14-2023 at 05:21 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Sara has largely been toxic imo since season one.
    I don't see how. From what I recall, she's mostly been seen through Jordan's eyes who immediately became fixated on her and she's been mostly reacting to him. Jordan's own issues with their dynamic has mostly been his own doing. Other than that, I'm not sure what you're referring to.(the cheating was bad, but that wasn't season one) To me, she just seems like any messed up teen going through stuff, trying to figure it out and making mistakes, but a good person. Personally, I thought both of them were out of character in that scene - it was contrived to get Lana to slap her, and I didn't really buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't see how. From what I recall, she's mostly been seen through Jordan's eyes who immediately became fixated on her and she's been mostly reacting to him. Jordan's own issues with their dynamic has mostly been his own doing. Other than that, I'm not sure what you're referring to.(the cheating was bad, but that wasn't season one) To me, she just seems like any messed up teen going through stuff, trying to figure it out and making mistakes, but a good person. Personally, I thought both of them were out of character in that scene - it was contrived to get Lana to slap her, and I didn't really buy it.
    I don't think Sarah's toxic but I do feel like she was really wishy-washy towards Jordan in season 2, even when it was obvious Jordan was more invested in their relationship than she was.

I feel like Lana has been keeping a lot pent up and working too hard to maintain her image and status and it all blew up when Sarah blamed her for Kyle cheating. Sarah just had another brunt of being resentful towards her mom for being controlling and being unfeeling towards her dad.

Astonishing Member

An interesting other time line story would be Jordan, thwarted in love, goes postal and decimates his school. Dad or the DOJ has to take him down. Could Clark or Grandpa do what it takes? Given these rampages are sometimes suicidal in intent, talking Jordan down might not be an option. Could be a dream sequence.

You know, I really don't like Lois as a person. Clark should have stayed with Lana.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Sarah's toxic but I do feel like she was really wishy-washy towards Jordan in season 2, even when it was obvious Jordan was more invested in their relationship than she was.

I feel like Lana has been keeping a lot pent up and working too hard to maintain her image and status and it all blew up when Sarah blamed her for Kyle cheating. Sarah just had another brunt of being resentful towards her mom for being controlling and being unfeeling towards her dad.
    That's what I mean about it all being from Jordan's perspective though - to him, she seemed wishy-washy because he was already all-in (way too fast, as well) so to him, he could only see her as "all in or not all in" so to him any ambivalence was seen as going back and forth. Jordan being more invested is on him - that's not her responsibility. She's still deciding, which is normal.

Thinking about it a bit more, between how she acted at the party and then with Lana, she's becoming very confrontational - was she always like that? Maybe it is something they're developing with her this season.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That's what I mean about it all being from Jordan's perspective though - to him, she seemed wishy-washy because he was already all-in (way too fast, as well) so to him, he could only see her as "all in or not all in" so to him any ambivalence was seen as going back and forth. Jordan being more invested is on him - that's not her responsibility. She's still deciding, which is normal.

Thinking about it a bit more, between how she acted at the party and then with Lana, she's becoming very confrontational - was she always like that? Maybe it is something they're developing with her this season.
    That might be part of it, but there were times where it felt like she wanted some distance and then was suddenly upset that he wasn't paying enough attention to her, and the audience could see that she seemed passively interested in the relationship at times in my opinion. And that's not even getting into the deal with the girl she kissed.

She was a lot more like that in season 1 than, say, season 2 from what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    You know, I really don't like Lois as a person. Clark should have stayed with Lana.
    I feel that's been a long-time theme when it comes to Lois v Lana in Clark's life: do you stay on the farm where it's safe and simple or do you take a chance, challenge yourself and seek adventure where the outcome is not assured? Writers have used them to represent the Clark/Superman dynamic in his identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Can you elaborate on why?

Astonishing Member

Lack of a sense of humor. Being driven to be a reporter first and seemingly would sacrifice herself (and the hell with her family that needs her) and I'm not sure she wouldn't sacrifice a kid for a story (maybe not knowingly but by being a negligent parent). Takes really stupid risks for her own ego - I know its for a story that saves the world, but I don't think that is real motivation - its her ego). If you seek adventure as said above, maybe not be a mom. Yes, there are risk taking Moms in law and the military but they don't go do stupid things - like going to a supervillain's hospital for a story. Like Lois couldn't find a few other equally competent investigative reports to turn the story over to.

I am agreeing with all who think one should get over the one slap without the drama. OMG, like that's never happened in child raising without the destruction of family.

So Bizarro comes back - mindless? We have to wonder when Evil Superman pops in after John Henry, that's got to happen.

Incredible Member

^^^ That's Lois alright! Just too headstrong for her own good and fortunate enough to have a spouse that can bail her out of any jam she finds herself in.

Any other reporter without that connection always winds up pushing daisies!