Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65
  1. #31
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,508

    Default

    Put in Jon Kent and I'm there.

  2. #32
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    46,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Especially since I wonder how long Flash has itself. I've loved the show since the moment it came out, but I think they've done almost everything they can do with the show. And they're even wrapping up the series long story of crisis so, what's really left?
    I think Supergirl feels like it has a shorter shelf life left then Flash with it's current rating slump. Flash still has one of the highest ratings on the CW, so I don't see them ending it unless Grant wants to leave like Stephen Amell did.

    Granted, even then, they could replace him since it's The Flash and that's kind of their thing .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    As a back-up plan for BATWOMAN and for BLACK LIGHTNING, if those shows continue to have weak ratings, they should spin-off a new show called BATWOMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS.
    If Black Lightning's Earth gets merged with other Arrowverse Earth's, it could feasibly happen. But I don't see the Black Lightning crew picking up and moving to Vancouver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Put in Jon Kent and I'm there.
    They mention Lois and Clark dealing with parents, so Jon will definitely be there .

  3. #33
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    128

    Default

    For those who are worried about the PC backlash of replacing Supergirl with Superman, remember that they are also replacing Arrow with Birds of Prey or whatever the Canary show is going to be. The demographics will stay the same.


    Batwoman should have been a Bat Family show. They could have her, Barbara as Oracle, Stephanie as Spoiler, Tim as Red Robin, Jean Paul as Azrael, Luke as Batwing (nice diversity of cast, too) - and set the entire thing during Knightfall/KnightQuest, with Bruce missing, and Bane running Gotham. It could have been amazing.


    Then bring in Jenson Ackles as Bruce, and make sure there is a scene where he tells Constantine that ghosts aren't real.

  4. #34
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    As a back-up plan for BATWOMAN and for BLACK LIGHTNING, if those shows continue to have weak ratings, they should spin-off a new show called BATWOMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS.
    Yeah - and have Black Lightning go from being the lead of his own show to being secondary in a show headlined by another character? I suppose Kate would waltz in and treat Jefferson like her assistant the way she treats Luke...

  5. #35
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah - and have Black Lightning go from being the lead of his own show to being secondary in a show headlined by another character? I suppose Kate would waltz in and treat Jefferson like her assistant the way she treats Luke...
    Maybe Jefferson would stay in Freeland (or be killed off), but I could see his daughters and some of the green light babies forming an Outsiders team--BLACK LIGHTNING has mined a lot of the Outsiders stories for its content. I guess the series could just be THE OUTSIDERS--but including Batwoman in the title let's people know it's in the Batman universe.
    Justice for Flight PS752

  6. #36
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,971

    Default

    Black Lightning isn't gonna regularly crossover with the Arrowverse, not gonna happen.

    The show is still filmed in Atlanta.

  7. #37
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    6,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Supergirl feels like it has a shorter shelf life left then Flash with it's current rating slump. Flash still has one of the highest ratings on the CW, so I don't see them ending it unless Grant wants to leave like Stephen Amell did.
    What is hurting Supergirl's ratings is the move from Monday to Sunday and now the move to 9:00 pm. If the CW is unhappy with Supergirl's ratings they only have themselves to blame. Unless the CW is intentionally sabotaging
    Supergirl as an excuse to cancel the show an easy solution to boost Supergirk's ratings would be to move Supergirl back to 8:00 pm on either Monday or Wednesday. Or even better give Supergirl the sweet Flash timeslot.
    Last season the crossover switched Flash and Supergirl's days and Supergirl got better ratings than Flash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    As a back-up plan for BATWOMAN and for BLACK LIGHTNING, if those shows continue to have weak ratings, they should spin-off a new show called BATWOMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS.
    While it is true that Black Lightning has the lowest ratings and viewers of the Superhero shows on the CW, that Batwoman gets poor ratings is just a myth perpetuated by the anti-SJW crowd.
    The facts are that Batwoman is the 2nd highest rated and most viewed superhero show on the CW.

    https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/c...eason-ratings/

  8. #38
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    6,709

    Default

    I think this kind of proves the problem with Supergirl isn't the show itself, but rather the day and time. In the Live+7 (how many people watch Supergirl within 7 days after the first airing, with a DVR or On-Demand)
    Supergirl has a 150% increase in ratings, going from a 0.2 to a 0.5 with an increase to 1.697 million viewers.

    https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dv...ct-14-20-2019/

  9. #39
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think this kind of proves the problem with Supergirl isn't the show itself, but rather the day and time. In the Live+7 (how many people watch Supergirl within 7 days after the first airing, with a DVR or On-Demand)
    Supergirl has a 150% increase in ratings, going from a 0.2 to a 0.5 with an increase to 1.697 million viewers.

    https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dv...ct-14-20-2019/
    How does that compare to other Arrowverse shows? I mean all shows have a ratings increase over 7 days that is the way people watch TV now.

  10. #40
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,577

    Default

    I'm excited about this. Finally a modern live-action Superman show about, well, Superman and his traditional supporting cast.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  11. #41
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    6,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    How does that compare to other Arrowverse shows? I mean all shows have a ratings increase over 7 days that is the way people watch TV now.
    The other shows are in the link. Supergirl had the biggest percentage increase of the Arrowverse shows.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm excited about this. Finally a modern live-action Superman show about, well, Superman and his traditional supporting cast.
    Be nice if they could find a way to bring Jimmy Olsen on the show. Obviously Mehcad Brooks won't be back so there would need to be some explanation of why he is smaller and maybe white.
    I guess they could use a Jimmy like character, same guy as in the comic books but with a different name. Jimmy Larson would be cool, sort of a tribute to Jack Larson, and Larson is also Swedish name.
    Bonus points if he is a red head. They have to have a Perry White because he has been named dropped on Supergirl a few times so we know he is still editor of the Daily Planet. Having Martha Kent
    around would also be nice. She and Eliza Danvers could swap recipes.

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,948

    Default

    I'd be happy if they brought in new characters - I like the comics and all, but aside from Lois and Clark and the Daily Planet, I don't need them to really stick to anything else. We all know this is a different continuity, let's let the show breathe and grow beyond the source material.

  13. #43
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Black Lightning isn't gonna regularly crossover with the Arrowverse, not gonna happen.

    The show is still filmed in Atlanta.
    Agreed. I expect if they do more crossovers involving Black Lightning, they will do what they did with the early crossovers between Supergirl and Flash when Supergirl was filmed in ************ get one or two of the cast members from whatever show is involved and send them to either Vancouver or Atlanta, but keep the story limited so that you don't have to include the entirety of both casts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    What is hurting Supergirl's ratings is the move from Monday to Sunday and now the move to 9:00 pm. If the CW is unhappy with Supergirl's ratings they only have themselves to blame. Unless the CW is intentionally sabotaging
    Supergirl as an excuse to cancel the show an easy solution to boost Supergirk's ratings would be to move Supergirl back to 8:00 pm on either Monday or Wednesday. Or even better give Supergirl the sweet Flash timeslot.
    Last season the crossover switched Flash and Supergirl's days and Supergirl got better ratings than Flash.



    While it is true that Black Lightning has the lowest ratings and viewers of the Superhero shows on the CW, that Batwoman gets poor ratings is just a myth perpetuated by the anti-SJW crowd.
    The facts are that Batwoman is the 2nd highest rated and most viewed superhero show on the CW.

    https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/c...eason-ratings/
    \


    The CW has a history of shuffling these shows. Arrow had 3 different days/times in three years. Flash has moved around, as have Legends. I think it's safe to say that they probably have a different measurement of success than the general public does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The other shows are in the link. Supergirl had the biggest percentage increase of the Arrowverse shows.



    Be nice if they could find a way to bring Jimmy Olsen on the show. Obviously Mehcad Brooks won't be back so there would need to be some explanation of why he is smaller and maybe white.
    I guess they could use a Jimmy like character, same guy as in the comic books but with a different name.
    Jenny Olsen!

  14. #44
    www.taurianfilms.com
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feenix219 View Post


    Batwoman should have been a Bat Family show. They could have her, Barbara as Oracle, Stephanie as Spoiler, Tim as Red Robin, Jean Paul as Azrael, Luke as Batwing (nice diversity of cast, too) - and set the entire thing during Knightfall/KnightQuest, with Bruce missing, and Bane running Gotham. It could have been amazing.
    Now I'm sad we won't get this.

  15. #45
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    46,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Jenny Olsen!
    I would like them to reboot Jimmy with Crisis, but I don't think they'll write out Mehcad Brooks like that, so I wonder if they'll have a Jimmy equivalent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •