Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Mutant Resurrection explained

I posted this in another topic, but it got lost in the cacophony. So I decided to create a topic about it.

Mutants have already proven that they can control the energy processes in the brain. Meaning they have proven that their own thoughts are mo re than the Meat they are held in, as they have left their own bodies to enter someone else's mind and returned.

Based on that alone, the easiest way to think of how their bodies, the clones, and their minds is as if they are computers connecting through a network.

Ex. I have my computer 1 HDD running several programs (that i will call Original), but I have it with me in a dangerous area all the time and worry about losing the Operating System and Programs if it were to break. So, I sign-up for an ONLINE BACKUP Service for it. Every night Originals data is backed up somewhere safer than where I am.
    Finally, Original is destroyed out on a job, I go and get a backup copy of the device that i have several of because of my line of work. I go online and load the Off-Site Back-Up, meaning that I have all the data just prior to whenever that was.
    This is exactly how Hickman is running his Resurrection Network.

Meaning when you saw Husk, Angel, Mystique, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Jean, and Cyclops die in House of X, they really DID DIE. In more ways than they ever have if you really think about it. How many Resurrections did not involve bringing the actual body of the person back?????
    I have 5 iPhones, send them out but they get destroyed 2 days later and before they were backed up. Those 2 days are GONE, no data is retrievable and the phones themselves are melted slag. So the question becomes a personal one really; Are the 5 iPhone replacements with the same data (that they had when they were sent 2 days ago) the same?
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

It’s been stated already that the soul, the mutant’s very essence, is pushed back into that new body.

Im okay with going with what the story said, they are the real ones. Everything else is conjecture until otherwise stated.

As Tycon said it was specifically stated their essence was put back into the mutants so it's really just a case of if someone wants to believe it or not.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

That's for fans to interpret and speculate about.

But as long as Marvel considers them the real deal, well, they are.

What Xavier is calling their soul and what Dr. Strange would call a soul seem like very different things. I don't think Cerebro would have that kind of power baring massive rewrites to what its supposed to be capable of. So I don't think they are actually transferring souls. He's making a copy of their personality and stamping it onto clones.

We really need more clarification on how that works. Is he constantly scanning the minds of the mutants of the world to make these saved copies? Does he only do it to people on Krakoa? The whole clone thing is kind of a tension killer in general. Like, in that scene in Marauders where Iceman got blasted and turned his powers off for a bit. If that blast had just atomized him, it wouldn't have mattered anyway and the story could have proceeded on regardless.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I like to believe that Proteus uses the soul of the deceased mutant to fertilize Goldball's eggs but being transferred to an undeveloped body erases all the soul's memories so Xavier must restore the memories. Alternatively, I think Cerebro could store part of the soul a bit like a Horcrux from the Harry Potter series which keeps the mutant's spirit in this world and allows them to rejoin a new body.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    What Xavier is calling their soul and what Dr. Strange would call a soul seem like very different things. I don't think Cerebro would have that kind of power baring massive rewrites to what its supposed to be capable of. So I don't think they are actually transferring souls. He's making a copy of their personality and stamping it onto clones.

We really need more clarification on how that works. Is he constantly scanning the minds of the mutants of the world to make these saved copies? Does he only do it to people on Krakoa? The whole clone thing is kind of a tension killer in general. Like, in that scene in Marauders where Iceman got blasted and turned his powers off for a bit. If that blast had just atomized him, it wouldn't have mattered anyway and the story could have proceeded on regardless.
    Cebrebro did undergo massive edits for it to happen. It was specifically stated in House of X that Xavier had Forge redesign Cerebro entirely for that purpose. And the story also mentioned he downloads mutants at least once a week.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Still, for it to be something that can make copies of the SOULS of the entire mutant race at any time, all the time, and store them all the time is a pretty huge leap. That's almost Infinity Stone type of junk. Plus we're almost certainly going to get a moment where they clone somebody who isn't actually dead (which Hickman keeps hinting at) and that's really screwed up if he's full on making copies of souls. Imagine how much more complicated the Clone Saga would have been!

The Clone Conspiracy already established this

Ben Reilly has died and been recloned like 30 times and he has the same soul

The fact that we are debating what a soul is feels like proof of how different this is compared to most Comic Book resurrections.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    The fact that we are debating what a soul is feels like proof of how different this is compared to most Comic Book resurrections.
    I've never seen a soul so all i know on what it actually is is opinion. Has one ever been dissected? Is there scientific evidence on what makes a soul?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

This sounds like the subject of future stories!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

And Connors' son, tested by Stephen Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

Clone Conspiracy actually leaned more towards them not having their original souls until Peter David ruined everything in his whatever Scarlet Spider series. Anyway, someone needs to tell an actual story exploring all this.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Clone Conspiracy actually leaned more towards them not having their original souls until Peter David ruined everything in his whatever Scarlet Spider series. Anyway, someone needs to tell an actual story exploring all this.
    I would place my bet on Hickman telling that story and that we are at the beginning of it, lol. Until the end of his run, we do not know what he has planned for Resurrection in his run. Since it was one of the Red Issues, it is almost guaranteed it will be one of the tent pole issues in his run.