Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It is now canon that Xavier came up with the premise of this series by looking at birds.
    Xavier’s first codenames for Warren and Jean were respectively Birdman and Birdgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Yeah, this is my main issue with the whole Moira 're-contextualisation'; it really makes the two of them seem so sociopathic in hind-sight. Well...ok, Charles more-so, let's be honest.
    That's kind of my problem too. Its a catch-22 situation. Either she and Xavier knew about all things things that happened and allowed, or even helped cause(!) them to happen to put mutantkind in this position, or they had no idea; in which case her lives had to be so different with so many potential differences and outcomes as to undercut her whole "Everything is hopeless and this is the only way" speech

Adding to that, do we know when Xavier convinced Magneto to join him? Because if that was also early on that really throws a lot of what Magneto has done into question.

The funny thing is that for the Five's plan the only component missing was a reality warper.

That means that in previous lives Elixir, Goldballs, Tempus and Hope existed, or at least mutants of very similar powers. Goldballs, Tempus and Hope have their powers as a direct or indirect result of House of M.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The funny thing is that for the Five's plan the only component missing was a reality warper.

That means that in previous lives Elixir, Goldballs, Tempus and Hope existed, or at least mutants of very similar powers. Goldballs, Tempus and Hope have their powers as a direct or indirect result of House of M.
    If there was no house of m they may have still been mutants
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    I also think they let certain events play out (such as decimation, messiah trilogy, AvX) to ensure the creation of Hope, Tempus, and goldballs, who Xavier needed for the revival plan.
    Holy cow that’s brilliant

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

I don’t think so. We don’t know if there was a way to resurrect mutants in previous Moira’s life. Between all the powers needed, the agreement with sinister, beast and forge work with the technology, the role of Krakoa, it’s a lot of moving pieces. The way I read the story, Moria knows and tell Xavier and Magneto that a lot of mutants will die, in a way or another, and they start to take measures to eventually resurrect them (saving their conscience it’s the first step, but it did not imply they already knew what the other step would have been). After all, Moira knows she failed in the past so I really doubt she is recreating a copy of a reality that didn’t work for mutants, many of things are new, otherwise other lives would already have Krakoa state, resurrection of mutants etc, and failed so what’s the point. Also making Hiuse of M or other events happen does not ensure the existence of the needed mutants, if their parents don’t meet, have intercourse at the exact time and thousands other variables some of these mutants could even not exist at all.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Adding to that, do we know when Xavier convinced Magneto to join him? Because if that was also early on that really throws a lot of what Magneto has done into question.
    I'm guessing post UXM 150, pre UXM 200. After Magneto ran off because he thought he'd killed Kitty Pryde and before his trial. Really just provides additional context for Magneto reconciling with Xavier and agreeing to be headmaster of the school.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I'm guessing post UXM 150, pre UXM 200. After Magneto ran off because he thought he'd killed Kitty Pryde and before his trial. Really just provides additional context for Magneto reconciling with Xavier and agreeing to be headmaster of the school.
    This all happened before x-men #1

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't think that's the case. Moira can't see the future and all those events seem unique to her current life.
    I hope they don't make Moira an all-knowing character that has the foresight to manipulate future events like that. Might as well have a precog in her role then.
    Life 4 specifically showed the phoenix 5, implying avx happened in a similar fashion. It's not impossible to imagine Hope, Eva, and Fabio came about in that timeline. Upon reading her lives, Charles realized their potential.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    This all happened before x-men #1
    Xavier's conversation with Moira did. Just going by the context, Magneto seems to have been brought in years later. I don't have the issue in front of me, but if memory serves, they approached Magneto on his island base. The one he was utilizing post UXM 150, pre UXM 200.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    Life 4 specifically showed the phoenix 5, implying avx happened in a similar fashion. It's not impossible to imagine Hope, Eva, and Fabio came about in that timeline. Upon reading her lives, Charles realized their potential.
    So her lives did at least have some of the same stuff happen in them. She and Xavier just choose to let them happen to further their own ends. I can't imagine that going over well with some of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    So her lives did at least have some of the same stuff happen in them. She and Xavier just choose to let them happen to further their own ends. I can't imagine that going over well with some of the others.
    She says in her journal that she didn't let Xavier read her mind in its entirety. There are presumably events from her various lives that Xavier isn't aware of, which is why he acts as though it's new to him. Because most of it is, even if he knows the broad strokes.

But it will definitely not go over well when other Krakoans discover the secrets Xavier, Magneto and Moira have bene keeping from them.
    Last edited by David Walton; 10-30-2019 at 12:32 PM.