Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Something I've been thinking

I think it would be interesting if Diana got on the bad side of the Gods and received a unfair punishment courtesy of Zeus's wrath and in the old tales the Gods were very unfair. I'm a fan of the JL animated series and my favorite twist was the implication that Hades might be her father and I have this idea it comes out that Hades being jealous of his brother's luck with women disguised himself as Zeus and seduced a young Hypollyta who as already sleeping with Zeus and because Hades is one of the big three Diana's been mistaken for Zeus's kid all this time and when it comes out Zeus feeling duped unfairly banished Wonder Woman to the Underworld.

I like this idea because I'd like the Underworld to be explored more and I'd like Diana to be given an existential crisis where she's questioning her identity like she gets stripped of her title as princess, banished from her home and falls out of favor with the Olympians and losing her iconic gear in the process. As for how the story could go Diana could maybe bond with Hades who in mythology was never as bad as he's portrayed in modern media especially because he actually did his job and I think it would be cool if Diana got the job of keeping the damned in the underworld and tracking down escapees. It would also be interesting I think if she was only able to leave the underworld for her job. Plus her in the Underworld would be a good way of bringing back old villains and her looking for a way to get out of her role as Underworld guardian would be a good arc I think.

No Gods being her dad. It's too easy for Diana to be her father. It was nice and all but still it's easy for her to be a godchild. Now for her to explore her that can be easy. For example, the Doom Gate is the access to underworld. So it's not like there is no reason to not have a way for Diana to get to Hades. Why not have the Amazons have a way to enter Hades to help Hades with a item that was stole or rather Diana. Also, Hades is shown to be way more faithful. We don't get enough of his wife. Who, unlike Hera. She is shown to be a great ruler and powerful. Unlike the God in Azz's run.

Diana getting banished to the underworld and having to fight her way out could make for an interesting storyline.
    But I could do without the father/identity crisis stuff. I still hate they gave Diana a father no matter who it is. The clay origin was better.

She could have easily been dragged into the Doom Gate as the Amazons were closen it. So she has to find a different way out.

Mighty Member

I honestly think if anyone is going to be her father it should be Ares. I wasnt even sure why they went with Hades in the cartoon because he's rarely in the comics and Ares is always the one she's tied to since she was created.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    I honestly think if anyone is going to be her father it should be Ares. I wasn't even sure why they went with Hades in the cartoon because he's rarely in the comics and Ares is always the one she's tied to since she was created.
    If anything he should be her grandpa. Since it's been hinted he was Hippoltya's father.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If anything he should be her grandpa. Since it's been hinted he was Hippoltya's father.
    Well if that is true....he IS her grandpa.

In Rucka, he called the Amazons daughters. I can’t see why he would want them to be his daughters. I mean wouldn’t it be more interesting if the Amazons or at least Hippolyta and her sisters were Ares’s daughters? That they decide not to follow his ways?

Fantastic Member

Not something i'd like to read!! I'm sick of stories making good people dark or making them the kid of a evil being!! I don't like WW being the daughter of Zeus!! I hated WW being the God of War in the new 52!! I don't get the whole dark thing!! Why would I want to read about darkness, dark gods?? What happened to the light?? Beings of the light, beings that save life!! WW is a being of the light!! Not a being of darkness, not a being that destroy!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 10-29-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    Not something i'd like to read!! I'm sick of stories making good people dark or making them the kid of a evil being!! I don't like WW being the daughter of Zeus!! I hated WW being the God of War in the new 52!! I don't get the whole dark thing!! Why would I want to read about darkness, dark gods?? What happened to the light?? Beings of the light, beings that save life!! WW is a being of the light!! Not a being of darkness, not a being that destroy!!
    I think a large part of that is the idea that WHAT you are does not determine WHO you are. As weird as it may seem the idea that you don't need to be born to be a hero is comforting and inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I agree with you - I hate previously good characters being made bad. Hate it. And it's happened so many times - Wally's dad, Zor-El, Jor-El, Allura, Thomas Wayne, Sardath ....notice the other pattern - it keeps happening to parents! It's tired and old and annoying because it destroys good characters. I hate heroes becoming villains, feel the same about good-guy-supporting-characters.

And being stuck in the underworld except when working is depressing and dark. Not my thing. And another "hero loses everything" story isn't to my taste, either.

And, once again, this is a setup that makes Diana's father more important and defining to her than her mother. That is not something I like. It's common with heroes and general, and particularly distasteful for Diana, given the history of the character.

While I don't like Diana having a father, if she does "I know whose daughter I am" (Hippolyta's) is absolutely the 100% appropriate response. DNA does not determine destiny, as mentioned above. Thing is, I like a character who knows that immediately and doesn't feel any attachment to the newly revealed parent or think it need influence them in any way.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-30-2019 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I agree with you - I hate previously good characters being made bad. Hate it. And it's happened so many times - Wally's dad, Zor-El, Jor-El, Allura, Thomas Wayne, Sardath ....notice the other pattern - it keeps happening to parents! It's tired and old and annoying because it destroys good characters. I hate heroes becoming villains, feel the same about good-guy-supporting-characters.

And being stuck in the underworld except when working is depressing and dark. Not my thing. And another "hero loses everything" story isn't to my taste, either.

And, once again, this is a setup that makes Diana's father more important and defining to her than her mother. That is not something I like. It's common with heroes and general, and particularly distasteful for Diana, given the history of the character.

While I don't like Diana having a father, if she does "I know whose daughter I am" (Hippolyta's) is absolutely the 100% appropriate response. DNA does not determine destiny, as mentioned above. Thing is, I like a character who knows that immediately and doesn't feel any attachment to the newly revealed parent or think it need influence them in any way.
    Well that's not entirely accurate DNA can play a major part in development such as disorders and other such things passed down. Though I do agree DNA does not determine destiny and I'd rather a story where Hades being her father does not over shadow Hippolyta in the slightest nor would I want him to be a villain my idea was for him to instead be an ally while Zeus and the other gods played antagonistic roles like while Hades could actively try to find a way to help Diana get out of the Underworld the other gods would be standing in Diana's way. Another reason I like this idea is I think the Underworld is potentially more important than the throne of Olympus.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    Well that's not entirely accurate DNA can play a major part in development such as disorders and other such things passed down. Though I do agree DNA does not determine destiny and I'd rather a story where Hades being her father does not over shadow Hippolyta in the slightest nor would I want him to be a villain my idea was for him to instead be an ally while Zeus and the other gods played antagonistic roles like while Hades could actively try to find a way to help Diana get out of the Underworld the other gods would be standing in Diana's way. Another reason I like this idea is I think the Underworld is potentially more important than the throne of Olympus.
    Well, just look at the poster girl for "my dad is evil".

Raven is an interesting character. But only part of that is due to her origin. More often than not her origin is little more than backstory. Thus WHO she is is the focus of the story. But... it's still a plot that comes up regularly.

Hades has a wife already and they already screwed her up once. Why should Diana have a father? What would be the point?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, just look at the poster girl for "my dad is evil".

Raven is an interesting character. But only part of that is due to her origin. More often than not her origin is little more than backstory. Thus WHO she is is the focus of the story. But... it's still a plot that comes up regularly.
    Given how often Raven's narrative ends up being swallowed up by her father, that's exactly why I wouldn't want something like this for Diana.