Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    He doesn't have editorial oversight over the whole MU. Marvel editorial should have the ability to do as you suggest but has consistently proven incapable or unwilling to do so. Also the other reason was to provide a narrative clean sweep undoing year (decades perhaps?) of pointless death and deconstruction. Also its only a "ridiculous immortality machine" if death was meaningful. In the MU for one reason or another, even before this, characters suffered from a minor case of death more frequently than they suffered from the flu.
    It also lets the readers know that things have changed. We can expect better stories and more respect for characters. That’s an attractive prospect.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Waiting to see more from the people living on the island. The Morlocks have got to feel some kind of way about Sinister being on the Island.After all the years and things that have happened between some different groups and individuals everyone living happily after on a Island paradise with little to no friction or conflict kinda robs some characters of important traits.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The run is still young but thank God Hickman managed to get everyone in the X-Office to settle on a single status quo and move one from there. So now we have less crap like Creed running X-Mercs, Shadow King slumber party and Gold nostalgia binge. Well we had something like during the T-Mist nonsense but that was more lame extinction nonsense.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But they weren't futures, they were the past- they weren't precognition or possibilities, they were history.
    They are futures timelines , they basically became futures AUs

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They are futures timelines , they basically became futures AUs
    But they weren't futures, all that stuff happened in the past. They are history.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But they weren't futures, all that stuff happened in the past. They are history.
    that isn't past, the timeline was reset but a timetraveler going to the future could visit the place. days of future past was a alternate future

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    I'm with you, I hated the Morrison run. Lots of things about it I didn't like but worst for me was that he seemed bound and determined to break the toys he used. I also never liked the idea of the X-Mansion as an actual school.
    Killing Magneto the first time was ok, bringing him back just to trash him as much as possible and kill him again was yes trying to break a toy to limit future writers ability to use it.

All-New Member

What is the explanation for the transition between pre-HOX/POX (Rosenberg run and Age of X-Man) and HOX/POX? That's the main thing that I'm still not sure it was explained right or convincingly. Or is it something we just have to accept blindly?

Quote Originally Posted by zgunslinger View Post
    What is the explanation for the transition between pre-HOX/POX (Rosenberg run and Age of X-Man) and HOX/POX? That's the main thing that I'm still not sure it was explained right or convincingly. Or is it something we just have to accept blindly?
    No explanation was given. Maybe there will be flashbacks

Yeah it's not given yet, and probably won't be in future. Some interview with Hickman exists where he basically said that if writers in the DOX books need to flashback to that time period, to explain their character's motivations in their story's context, it's better for them to do that at that time, than for Hickman to do it for them now.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    that isn't past, the timeline was reset but a timetraveler going to the future could visit the place. days of future past was a alternate future
    No, they couldn't. It isn't an alternate future, and was specifically designed not to be.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The other timelines were alternates determined by Moira's actions.
    "Cable was right!"

Timeskipped over.

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Yeah it's not given yet, and probably won't be in future. Some interview with Hickman exists where he basically said that if writers in the DOX books need to flashback to that time period, to explain their character's motivations in their story's context, it's better for them to do that at that time, than for Hickman to do it for them now.
    That's...really reasonable. THats some free reign Hickman's giving
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Really, given that stories about time travel and infinite realities have, for some reason, not gone the way of mutant death stories, renditions of either, or multiple, of Moira's lives can be revisited and/or approximated on a whim.