Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

You haven't seen me around on the forum much lately because this whole pod-people Krakoa thing is just too weird for me. Just like Grant Morrison's run, I wasn't fond of that either. And it's not that I don't have the intelligence to understand Hickman's writing, so don't go there. The X-Men seem really off, like they are all being manipulated and they aren't really themselves. It's just gone a bit too far for me to enjoy.

I don't care how many people think this is so great, just like I did in the mid to late 2000's, I'm losing interest in the whole franchise. Right now I don't have time to figure out all this nonsense anyway, so I'm kind of sitting this out for a bit. I hope now that the X-Men are back in the MU fold that there might be some new TV shows or movies I might care about more. Heck, I'd be happy with an X-Men animation as long as it doesn't involve pod-people, because this Krakoa thing is a turn-off for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Waiting to see more from the people living on the island. The Morlocks have got to feel some kind of way about Sinister being on the Island.After all the years and things that have happened between some different groups and individuals everyone living happily after on a Island paradise with little to no friction or conflict kinda robs some characters of important traits.
    I doubt they would even see Sinister....why start sh!t in paradise?? They'll probably be too busy celebrating seeing the sun/not living in poop water or enjoying becoming acclimated to living...ya know Life!
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I doubt they would even see Sinister....why start sh!t in paradise?? They'll probably be too busy celebrating seeing the sun/not living in poop water or enjoying becoming acclimated to living...ya know Life!
    Well, considering Sinister is basically Heinrich Himmler what with the torturing and experimenting on unwilling test subjects mostly for the "LOLZ", and he basically led the largest hate crime in Marvel until Cassandra Nova, I have to think any Morlock on the island that knows Sinister is there is going "WTF I'm out".

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Well, considering Sinister is basically Heinrich Himmler what with the torturing and experimenting on unwilling test subjects mostly for the "LOLZ", and he basically led the largest hate crime in Marvel until Cassandra Nova, I have to think any Morlock on the island that knows Sinister is there is going "WTF I'm out".
    Did Sinister have that much to do with the horror the Morlocks went thru pre-Massacre?? Wasn't it Dark Beast using AoA Sinisters notes create/experiment on the Morlocks? Sinister seeing "his work" didn't like the copied results and ordered the Massacre?
    GrindrStone(D)

Did Sinister have that much to do with the horror the Morlocks went thru pre-Massacre?? Wasn't it Dark Beast using AoA Sinisters notes create/experiment on the Morlocks? Sinister seeing "his work" didn't like the copied results and ordered the Massacre?
    You may be correct on that. Regardless, his inclusion on the island is easily the biggest WTF moment. His level of absurd evil goes beyond anyone else's and it isn't particularly close.

And there is no poly relationship going on.

You may be correct on that. Regardless, his inclusion on the island is easily the biggest WTF moment. His level of absurd evil goes beyond anyone else's and it isn't particularly close.
    Morlocks *in story* didn't reject when they had to live in close quarters with actual Marauders during the 198 debacle And they were living in Pup tents Surrounded by Sentinels on the lawn of Xavier.
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    And there is no poly relationship going on.
    I feel like this is gonna keep coming up unless we see penetration on-panel.

Negative.

While I can allow for someone seeing Sinister as "By A Nose...", the idea that he is so evil that Gorgon "Isn't Particularly Close..." is just laughable.

ExCUUUUUUSE me! Gorgon is an ARTIST! Essex just views reality as his Minecraft server.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member

There is a decent chance whatever writer comes after Hickman will just nuke Krakoa from orbit and set everything back again. It all depends on how well the Krakoa Era wins over the audience (and the editorial board).
    It’s impossible to tell the future but I’m pretty sure Hickman has a plan for how to end his time with the x-men because he has specifically talked about not leaving a mess and putting “the toys back in the box” appropriately. I don’t think it will even need to be a situation where a new writer just nukes it or ignores it to do their own thing, unless he leaves abruptly or something and can’t end things the way he intends.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    The problem is that Marvel has, for a long time now, not been using editorial oversight to prevent these kind of issues. Characterization has been wildly different on the same character appearing in multiple books at the same time. The X-line, more than perhaps any other in Marvel, has been dragged down into this depressing morass of death, destruction and line wide deconstruction. His overarching goal is to reverse this trend the resurrection 5 are a plot device that achieves 2 things.

First it, almost instantly fixes all of the toys in the toy box. Years of misery, cheap deaths and line wide deconstruction snapped away.
    Second its a narrative club to metaphorically beat marvel editorial and the other writers with until they get out the habit of cheap pointless deaths to sell mediocre drama.

Its not gonna last forever but hopefully it lasts long enough to break the miserable cycle the X-line has been mired in.
    If one thing happens from this whole Hickman run it’s that I hope marvel realizes it’s editors have been absolute trash at managing their properties and characters and that they need to either wake the F up or find someone new to do the job of keeping some sort of standards for their IP. They need a lot less “ooo that’s dramatic!” Nonsense and a lot more “does this progress a character in an influential way without being disrespectful to them and their fans?”

The lack of cheap deaths I hope will get them at least focused on plots and ideas that arent yet another death and funeral arc but something more complex, and that maybe it’ll help them change how they see what is good for the x-men, but I won’t hold my breath.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Why wouldn't they he is apart of a council that makes decisions that could have effects on their lives. I think most people that are not mindless sheep what have a reaction to seeing someone that has done some serious horrific things just walking around paradise grinning.

Extraordinary Member

Why wouldn't they he is apart of a council that makes decisions that could have effects on their lives. I think most people that are not mindless sheep what have a reaction to seeing someone that has done some serious horrific things just walking around paradise grinning.
    I feel like it has to be on purpose. It is not just Sinister. Half the council is probably people that more than enough influential residents of Krakoa would be very vocal about not being represented by or at the least not happy seeing them walk freely amongst everyone.

I doubt the council broadcasts their meetings all around Krakoa like an even more boring mutant version of C-SPAN. Krakoa is preeetty big with spots all over the world. Sinister is probably confined to Bar Sinister where he can sit and play with himself. Doesn't seem like the type to go for walks Or dance in the sun...
    He'll burn
    GrindrStone(D)