Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    We dont see the reaxtion because there was no reaction. Its canon that the Avengers didnt show up even after Genosha was wiped out. Whats there to show?
    Because Morrison didn't wanted them to show up

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This could be nice. People teat Hickman as if no one should criticize him, it is frustrating;

From his interviews Hickman think his way is the only one that is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ive found some of his statements to be a bit condescending towards us X-fans
    Quite often, what X-Fans want will get a title cancelled in less than six issues.

There is no condescension is pointing that reality out.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Because Morrison didn't wanted them to show up
    And if they do, Genosha gets annihilated by a different method because editorial wanted the amount of mutants reduced to a more manageable level.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    We dont see the reaxtion because there was no reaction. Its canon that the Avengers didnt show up even after Genosha was wiped out. Whats there to show?
    They only didn't show up because Morrison didn't want anybody that wasn't X-related to show up. Not even SHIELD showed up to clean the damage, even though it's their job.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Also: people mad about poly are silly, with the main reason being that it ain't happening. Unless you count the stereotypical male fantasy of a guy being with two women, which is where my wager remains on the poly mystery.
    So, Jean has a bedroom in the middle of Scott and Logan's with connecting doors so they can talk?

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i swear i must be the only person that didn't think morrison run was that good. He came in and created his own world using mutants he liked but it didn't feel like xmen to me. Then the books that played on that i found boring and if they werent boring the team members were. I just don't get the morrison hype.
    I'm with you, I hated the Morrison run. Lots of things about it I didn't like but worst for me was that he seemed bound and determined to break the toys he used. I also never liked the idea of the X-Mansion as an actual school.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    They only didn't show up because Morrison didn't want anybody that wasn't X-related to show up. Not even SHIELD showed up to clean the damage, even though it's their job.
    SHIELD is an American organization. Genosha was not anywhere near America.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No, it was absolutely impossible to do this without the retcon about Moira in HoX #2 because without it, you don't get PoX #6, which changes permanently the overlook of the franchise, and what's really about, not to mention you have someone that has seen with her own eyes that Xavier's dream, as well as Apocalypse and Magneto's ideologies, are destined to complete failure.
    We have seen way too many possible futures to care. Hickman wasted 12 issues just to convince us his was more legit when he did not need to because anyone who has read a book outside of the X-Men knows the Marvel U does not revolve around the X-Men. No other writer is ever going to be stopped from doing a future story just because Hickman retconned Moira.

And nothing, absolutely nothing, in this setup needs to have that retcon. Xavier has long been dragged through the mud to the point where he could act like this and we would just blame it on being the man named X, and Magneto has flip flopped so many times who cares. Apocalypse has no idea about Moira so his involvement is what it is too.

You, and anyone else that has this view, are being absolutely childish. Every Marvel hero (apart from Colossus) was murdered in the first Secret Wars by Dr. Doom. By your way of thinking, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Cyclops, etc, are all copies since then. And all the heroes that died in Infinity Gauntlet. Or Hickman's Secret Wars. Or the 100 different events in which they died. Hell, one can make a case that anyone that teleported once already died and is just a copy of the original.
    Most stories have been more clever in that they make it easy to believe that the characters came back the same. Hickman I think is also clever, he made this so complex to go out of his way to tell us these are not the originals anymore, but at the same time knowing enough people will just not think about it too much because they want to believe they are real. It is not like I ripped up my comics or anything, I'm just not attached to this particular story. So you can take your cheap shot and shove it wherever you please.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    SHIELD is an American organization. Genosha was not anywhere near America.
    No, it's an international peacekeeping organization under the direction of the UN.

And if they do, Genosha gets annihilated by a different method because editorial wanted the amount of mutants reduced to a more manageable level.
    I'm pretty sure that was House of M.

I'm pretty sure that was House of M.
    It was both. The annihilation of 16 million was needed because mutants weren't feeling like the underdog anymore. House of M was done to keep better track of who has powers for what story.

It was both. The annihilation of 16 million was needed because mutants weren't feeling like the underdog anymore. House of M was done to keep better track of who has powers for what story.
    Well, ****. That makes me worried about post-Hickman mutants.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    We have seen way too many possible futures to care.
    . Hickman wasted 12 issues just to convince us his was more legit when he did not need to because anyone who has read a book outside of the X-Men knows the Marvel U does not revolve around the X-Men. No other writer is ever going to be stopped from doing a future story just because Hickman retconned Moira.
    Not a single issue nor a single scene was set in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Most stories have been more clever in that they make it easy to believe that the characters came back the same. Hickman I think is also clever, he made this so complex to go out of his way to tell us these are not the originals anymore, but at the same time knowing enough people will just not think about it too much because they want to believe they are real. It is not like I ripped up my comics or anything, I'm just not attached to this particular story. So you can take your cheap shot and shove it wherever you please.
    Yes, of course, Hickman, the other writers and Marvel want to write and publish stories about the clones of Cyclops, Wolverine and Jean Grey, while keeping the real deal characters dead. You are so clever.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i can actually see and understand that point. It was the biggest single moment wipe out of mutants in the marvel u and he had no one else react to it. His run was a bunch of new characters with no history sprinkled in it. Thats' why i don't say much when people mention his run. He came in an told a mutant story but not an x-men story. Xtreme xmen was FAR better in my opinion. I remember being happy the group in the X-treme run didn't have to deal with the main story.

I mean it was a well told original story but the world was more his than the mutants finding their way and changing the world themselves.
    X-treme x-men was good, the characters talked like people talk

Morrison introduced more ideas than did a solid run on x-men.

Well, ****. That makes me worried about post-Hickman mutants.
    There is a decent chance whatever writer comes after Hickman will just nuke Krakoa from orbit and set everything back again. It all depends on how well the Krakoa Era wins over the audience (and the editorial board).